FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain Name ?? And email !

sambhav
Suppose I have a domain name www.abcd.info

Can i use it with FriHost ??

Will I be able to make my own mails e.g. email@abcd.info ???
pashmina
Yes, you can certainly use it.
Very Happy
saratdear
As pashnima said, you can. From what I know, this is how you do it :

After you get your hosting accepted, log on to your domain registrar and change the nameservers to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net You will be able to use your domain name with your hosting account now. Nameserver changes can take a few hours. Then, go to Direct Admin and add the domain name to your account. Here is a more detailed thread on how to do this - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-43309.html

I don't know much about the mail accounts, but if you set this up properly, I guess this would work.

Hope this helps. Smile
sambhav
Thanks for your reply.

But how to configure my account for as I can get email addresss with my own domain name ????

Wait for you reply.
wumingsden
sambhav wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

But how to configure my account for as I can get email addresss with my own domain name ????

Wait for you reply.

If/When you do get accepted for hosting you can add however many domains you wish. You then go into the said domain's email settings and setup whatever@yourdomain.com
sambhav
I understood how to make parked domain but me still confused about making email address.

email@mydomain.com

I have few domains at www.namecheap.com.

Can I get a good tutorial from where I can get to learn about all this stuff??
wumingsden
sambhav wrote:
I understood how to make parked domain but me still confused about making email address.

email@mydomain.com

I have few domains at www.namecheap.com.

Can I get a good tutorial from where I can get to learn about all this stuff??

If you host a domain here at frihost then creating email adresses is simple, and unlimited. You do this via your future possible Direct Admin panel. I don't think theres any need describing how to do this, but I will anyway to show how simple it is.

Login to DA --->
Choose Domain (this option will appear if you have more than one domain hosted) --->
Click Email Accounts (Under "Email Management") --->
Click Create mail account --->
On the next screen just enter the username for the email you want, as well as password, then hit submit

Following these steps you've now created a new email adress. Note however that with namecheap (which I use too) some email options are disabled ... This however does not matter because FriHost has all the features needed.
sambhav
I think you did not understood my question.

I want to add my domain name and want and email with it.

suppose mydomain.com is in namespace can i link it and create email@mydomain.com ????

Adding email in frihost seems to very be easy as you showed.

Thanks for the info.
Animal
sambhav wrote:
I want to add my domain name and want and email with it.

suppose mydomain.com is in namespace can i link it and create email@mydomain.com ????

Yes, you can do this. You need to own the domain name, but once you have added it to your Frihost account, any email addresses you create will be user@yourdomain.com
sambhav
Yes I do own the domain and i have not yet created an account in frihost and before creating one I want to make sure how can this be done ???

I repeat the question. How can this be done ??
sambhav
I have also gone through Cpanel and DirectAdmin tutorials but still not able to understand this.
mOrpheuS
sambhav wrote:
I have also gone through Cpanel and DirectAdmin tutorials but still not able to understand this.

Wumingsden has given step-by-step instructions above :
wumingsden wrote:
Login to DA --->
Choose Domain (this option will appear if you have more than one domain hosted) --->
Click Email Accounts (Under "Email Management") --->
Click Create mail account --->
On the next screen just enter the username for the email you want, as well as password, then hit submit

Following these steps you've now created a new email adress.

Which parts are you not able to understand ?
sambhav
Quote:
Login to DA --->

Now in this step does the different domain appears which are added???

Have you ever tried doing this ???

One more thing. When I send an email will it go from the address email@mydomain.com instead of email@subdomain.frihost.com
Animal
sambhav wrote:
Quote:
Login to DA --->

One more thing. When I send an email will it go from the address email@mydomain.com instead of email@subdomain.frihost.com

When you add a new domain (such as yourdomain.com), it will co-exist on your Frihost account with your existing subdomain. I have personally done this, as have a large number of our members without any problems whatsoever.

You have the option to create email addresses under both yourdomain.com or yoursubdomain.frih.net - you can send emails from both domains and you can receive emails from both domains if you choose to do so.
sambhav
THANKS. I Wish in case I face some problem you ppl will surely help.
insolent1
Animal wrote:
sambhav wrote:
Quote:
Login to DA --->

When you add a new domain (such as yourdomain.com), it will co-exist on your Frihost account with your existing subdomain. I have personally done this, as have a large number of our members without any problems whatsoever.

You have the option to create email addresses under both yourdomain.com or yoursubdomain.frih.net - you can send emails from both domains and you can receive emails from both domains if you choose to do so.

I have solved the same problem with this way. Thank you.

Sambhav, maybe this help you,
Domain setup>Add another domain
Domain: abcd.info
Click "Create",

If it writes "this domain cannot be added"
Then uncheck "Same as Main account" on Bandwidth and DiskSpace, and try again clicking create. (After that, if it is created, you can check same as main account on diskspace and bandwidth).