FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

windows xp home SP2 gr Activation Help

DecayClan
I installed windows xp home sp2 gr, to my laptop (Original), but after i finished the installation, i tried to activate them, but they didn't get automatically activated through the internet, and i didn't want to activate them through phone. So, i simply downloaded an activation crack, to activate them. The crack removed the notification and everything, so i was sure that my windows were successfully activated.
But 30 days later, i got the message "you must activate your windows" but when i press the OK button in order to activate, a screen apears, saying " your windows have already been activated", press ok to continue, but when i press ok, it logs me out, and when i try to log in, i get again the same message "you must activate your windows... "

Help plz...
kizarop
Can you log in to safe mode?
Bones
You used a crack to bypass activation, what were you expecting?

This may help, but you will still need to activate.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312295
DecayClan
kizarop wrote:
Can you log in to safe mode?

No i can't... Sad

Quote:

Well, i thought that it would be easier than calling microsoft... Anyway, after that, i went to microsoft, and did all the updates normaly. Now i know that i did a big mistake though...

Quote:

Well, i can't do that because i can't run the regeditor... It stops me a lot before that... Sad
kizarop
Try to put back the date Laughing , maybe you will be able to log in and fix activation probem . WPA kill do some changes in logon.exe , maybe after windows update that file was replaced to newer version and that security holes were patched again.
DecayClan
kizarop wrote:
Try to put back the date Laughing , maybe you will be able to log in and fix activation probem . WPA kill do some changes in logon.exe , maybe after windows update that file was replaced to newer version and that security holes were patched again.

didn't work Sad , well i will probably anyway put a live linux cd, to backup everything, and then format and reinstall everything from the begining...
It is just anoying, having problems by a system designed to get the pirates, also creates problems to the paying customers as well...
kizarop
DecayClan wrote:
put a live linux cd, to backup everything, and then format and reinstall everything from the begining...

This is the best and the fastest solution.
Bones
Hmm as far as safe mode goes, are you trying just plain safe mode or safe mode w/networking?
WPA will prevent you from getting to safe mode w/networking but not plain safe mode. So if you are unable to get to plain safe mode, then it is either the fault of the crack, or you have something else going on here as well.

Decayclan wrote:

It is just anoying, having problems by a system designed to get the pirates, also creates problems to the paying customers as well

But you used the same crack that a pirate would use. Do you expect Microsoft to design software that reads your mind to tell the difference between a pirate and a legit user? I agree that things like DRM and WPA are annoying, but it's people like you that use cracks that create a need for developers to create this kind of protection for themselves.

Please don't blame Microsoft as you brought this on yourself.
KHO
Bones wrote:

Actually, the crack works fine. Replacing the dll files will work (mind you not for WGA virus [and yes, I consider it a virus.]) If you have the WGA (windows genuine advantage) problem, the fix is simple! Re-install windows! Sucks to be you.

If you are going to use duplicate serials as such, you don't want to download IE7 update, or the WGA notification tool. Installing either of those ruins your chances of a peaceful PC experience.

If you are talking about the other activation problem (haven't had it in awhile), the crack works fine. Just start up in safe-mode and make sure you overwrite the cached .dll also. Honestly, you probably downloaded a bad crack if you installed it properly the first time and it didn't work. Don't trust the internet! Google will do you no good here, IRC is your only friend here..... I can say no more.

This information is intended for the use of a legitimate copy of Windows XP improperly functioning due to a fallacy in the authentication process. In NO WAY is this information intended to be used for the purpose of "spoofing" the authentication process into allowing an illegal copy of windows to be run despite the potential of. I am not liable for your use of this information nor will I condone the inappropriate use of such technologies as listed in this post.
icedrakon
I have used a crack and it did worked but not all of the cracks work.
If turn windows update off after clean install you can prevent autentication