FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Maroon 5 album

SimonWSTS
Seems after 5 long years since the band released their first album "Songs about Jane" Maroon 5 have finally released the second long awaited album.

Being a big fan of the first album, the second has got to be pretty damn good to compete in my eyes. By their own admission it is different from the first, more of their own style rather than their influences to quote.

I havn't yet got it myself but have heard a few songs which sound rather catchy.

Who has heard it?? Is it good?
Will it compete with the first album?
nimo
Hi simon,

I've listened to their newest single "makes me wonder"... the band have stated that the newest album will have more 80's influences, and indeed the single sounds a lot like Michael Jackson, and even quite similar to some of Justin Timberlake's songs. I liked that song, but it's not as sharp or funky as "this love" or "harder to breathe". I'm currently downloading the entire new album ("It Won't Be Soon Before Long"- weird name, IMO) and we'll see if it's as good as "songs about Jane", which was awesome, or maybe they really have softened down...

BTW: I'm also looking forward to another album by Franz Ferdinand... I wonder if anyone has new info about that