FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Wii vs PS3






What is better?
Wii
68%
 68%  [ 26 ]
PS3
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

Nerdlings
Which one do you think is better? The better graphics of the PS3 or the revolutionary Wii? I read a really good article on this check it out!

Wii vs PS3

I think Wii is better since it is cheap
spykE
Playstation 3, though I do not personally like it, wins hands down. I mean it is so much powerful and there is so much more possibility with this thing in the future, I dont think the Wii will last long. It'll be fun for a short while, but not for long.
Senshida
I like the Wii, because there are more games, and more fun. (Nintendo is making 47+ games for the Wii this year - next year)

The PS3 is too expensive, and there are only a few games for it that aren't exclusive..
LostOverThere
At the Moment, around the globe, the demand for the Wii is 1 every 3 Seconds. No wonder Nintendo are having a hard time keeping up. xD
TarsajumaClan
spykE wrote:
Playstation 3, though I do not personally like it, wins hands down. I mean it is so much powerful and there is so much more possibility with this thing in the future, I dont think the Wii will last long. It'll be fun for a short while, but not for long.

I have to agree... Personally I would pick xbox, but PS3 would be the next choice...
xorcist
The PS3 is good and has nice graphics but I would never pay that much for a PS3, The Wii is the only system that has really improved from there other consoles.
Patriot Players
The Wii: Revolutionary new form of gameplay. Cheaper than all the other consoles.

The PS3: Great graphics, Blu Ray, hi def, etc. But really nothing new. Oh and it costs and insane amount of money.

I think the fact that it is still almost impossible to get a Wii speaks for itself. I am still looking for one where I live, cant wait to get my hands on one.
Seiji
I would choose the Wii over PS3. In time though the PS3 might become better than the Wii. Lets face it the Wii needs to hurry and bring online games.
Packfan104L4
The Wii wins for me since they have all of the old Nintendo games on archive for download. SCORE!

Plus the PS3 has too many option that I'll never use = WASTE OF MULLAH!
Magicman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ljZOHnZNaBc
That video sums up the Wii vs PS3 battle fairly well for me Laughing
Personally I like the Wii anyway. I prefer simple fun to hardcore gaming anyway.
Geminh
When Wii and PS3 first made their debuts, I picked Wii for the win! But now that I've seen both systems up close, it would be a tie. Why? The reason why the PS3 has won me over is because of its potential and future line up of games. The graphics are amazingly detailed and look even better on a HD Television. The Wii has been less impressive for me, because of controls in games, but I believe in a year or so, its untapped potential will be reached.
Osmodius
Packfan104L4 wrote:
The Wii wins for me since they have all of the old Nintendo games on archive for download. SCORE!


Sony also offers (or will offer) this, although there is apparently a fee.

The real question in the console war is this:

Would you rather pay $600 for a console you'll love and cherish forever, moreso than any child or spouse, or $250+ for a console you'll get bored of in a month, and then hate yourself for buying?

Edit: Btw, that Wii vs PS3 article you linked was written horribly. Looked more like a novice's blog-post than an article.
Packfan104L4
[quote="Osmodius"]
Packfan104L4 wrote:

Would you rather pay $600 for a console you'll love and cherish forever, moreso than any child or spouse, or $250+ for a console you'll get bored of in a month, and then hate yourself for buying?


I'm sure you'll change this statement in about 3 years when the PS4 comes out. Everyone thought the XBOX was the "end all" system, but look at it now.
Sergiy
For my opinion is Wii better.
It's user-friendly and is cheaper than PS3.

I will buy Wii next month Laughing
For Wii now there are some really good games and wiimote is really the best.

Wii Rocks Very Happy
Whong
PS3 has power and is very advanced compared to Wii and Xbox 360, BUT Power isn't the only thing that makes a console good!

I voted on Wii, because it has great gameplay and is very addictive! Wink
snicker
My vote is for the Wii (well, I have it so I am biased..). Essentially, I think it is better than ps3 if your are looking for genuine entertainment for some time, especially with friends.

The PS3 requires more gaming effort to be really enjoyed... and more money Wink

Just my 2 cents
chris20
The introduction of the Wii ushered in a new era of gaming technology. It actually is just more than button mashing and good graphics. Sure, Nintendo could have made the Wii with the same tech specs of the PS3, but it would be almost the same price, and no one in their right mind is going to fork out that kind of cash for a game system. Wiiiiiii all the way. Plus the channels are fun, and no one can get tired of Wii Sports. Tennis.
Packfan104L4
The PS3 has no good titles. Period.
LostOverThere
Quote:
Would you rather pay $600 for a console you'll love and cherish forever, moreso than any child or spouse, or $250+ for a console you'll get bored of in a month, and then hate yourself for buying?


Would you rather pay $600 for something that you'll probably have to mortgage your house off for or a revolutionary system.


Seriously my comment is as bad as yours was. We clearly see that you like PS3, but c'mon. I own a Wii. Im still not bored with Wii Sports! Its fantastic, the Wii is so diverse. So don't judge it without being neutral!
Yjaxygames
For me gaming is something you do when you wanna chill out in your comfy chair, and not jump around in your room. Razz Other than that the wii is ok.
Fire Boar
Yjaxygames wrote:
For me gaming is something you do when you wanna chill out in your comfy chair, and not jump around in your room. Razz Other than that the wii is ok.


Zelda, Red Steel, Wii Play (three out of the five Wii games I own) do not need any movement out of that comfy chair you love. Wii Sports does, though, is hardly "jumping around the room" (unless you get really enthusiastic which - let's face it - many people do). And Wario Ware (the fifth game I own) is just plain nuts so go figure (and you can still get away with playing it sitting down).

Basically, the only game which requires a load of excessive movement at the moment is Wii Sports. A lot of the other stuff (often the most hardcore of games) are just chilled out, using the 'mote's pointer as it feels natural to do.

I saw this somewhere:

The most expensive points for each console are as follows:
Wii: Wiimote.
XBox: XBox live.
PS3: PS3.

Win for the Wii.
Guelila
I would go all the way with the PS3, but the only problem is its extremly high price...
Yantaal
the only problem with the PS3 is it is pretty much a 360 with blueray
Guifodz
PS3, Wii its for childrens...
viborg
Ps3 is the best Smile
QrafTee
Guifodz wrote:
PS3, Wii its for childrens...

Y'see... "intelligent" posts like this make me worry about the future of mankind...
silvermesh
I think the Wii is fun to have, it's no longer in the same category as console systems. it's an interactive game. There's no point in comparing it to the PS3, because people who like interactive games will like the Wii and people who like consoles will like the PS3. I'd personally still play something on my PS2 than on Wii, because IMO video games should only require the most basic of thumb movements. The thing that sold the Wii for me is the fact that it will replace all of my other nintendo consoles(and I have three of them on my shelf). I'll get a PS3 for the same reason I bought a PS2 when it came out. it plays the new technology movie discs, and it's cheaper than most devices designed JUST to play those discs.(with PS2 it was DVD, now BluRay).
Whong
Guifodz wrote:
PS3, Wii its for childrens...


NOW WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT???????????????????

SORRY FOR THIS, BUT THAT IS JUST PLAIN DUMB! WII IS FOR EVERYBODY.
We all like to play Wii! We play Wii!

WHAT IS THIS STUFF THAT NINTENDO IS FOR KIDS ONLY? THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST SILLIEST THINGS I'VE HEARD.

NONONO! WII IS FOR EVERYONE, INCLUDING YOU! Wink
bhzh
Admittedly, I first thought that the Wii was a gimmick. Something cheap and fun only for a short while. But then I got it and the PS3. Honestly, the PS3 sucks. Resistance is only fun for so long and it has very little unique features outside of its weapons. The Wii on the other hand, with only Wii Sports, still is incredibly fun. And where's the 360????? Evil or Very Mad
iNs@nE
PS3....holy god..is this even a comparison..?

PS3 engine is like the daddy of the engine used in Wii...come on people..just cause you hate sony doesnt mean you go against it..they are in this business for the past 2 decades and they have a total idea what they are doing..

nothing can even compare to the gaming experience on PS3 out there right now..!!
QrafTee
iNs@nE wrote:
PS3....holy god..is this even a comparison..?

PS3 engine is like the daddy of the engine used in Wii...come on people..just cause you hate sony doesnt mean you go against it..they are in this business for the past 2 decades and they have a total idea what they are doing..

nothing can even compare to the gaming experience on PS3 out there right now..!!

Really? Can you be more specific? You mean the "exclusive" experience which have pretty much abandoned exclusivity save Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4? (rumors say MGS4 may abandon exclusivity as well)
Packfan104L4
The franchises aren't going to partner exclusively with a system that costs a kidney to buy. They want to sell games, not the system. The game companies don't make a dime from PS3 sales, so why make the game exclusive to that system when they can pull extra millions for making it multiple system based?
YellowShadow
I think Wii, because I think it truly defines "next gen". All the Xbox 360 (proud owner) and PS3s did were make there graphics better. Wii revolutionized gaming.
Futile
iNs@nE wrote:
PS3....holy god..is this even a comparison..?

PS3 engine is like the daddy of the engine used in Wii...come on people..just cause you hate sony doesnt mean you go against it..they are in this business for the past 2 decades and they have a total idea what they are doing..

nothing can even compare to the gaming experience on PS3 out there right now..!!


Insane, you should practice what you preach. I have read several of your post on different forums concerning the Wii versus PS3 and you automatically assume that everyone is against the evil empire Sony or idiots for even comparing the two. I am beginning to believe that you are just against Nintendo. I have a Wii and I like it better then the PS3, but I am anything but a Sony hater. I still have my PS1 and 30 plus titles for it along with my PS2 which I have 40 plus titles for. I also still have my N64, Super NES and Game Cube and a X-Box 360. I am a gamer both console and PC and any true gamer will tell you that you buy a system for its innovation, uniqueness and exclusiveness compared to the other consoles. I have always like Sony’s products but the PS3 is not a good one. Sony after dominating the console world with its first 2 systems really loses focus this time by bringing the consumers what they (Sony) want them to need, not what the consumers are wanting. In order to try to shove the Blu-Ray format down everyone's throat, they made it the standard for the system, leading to production setbacks and hardware failures. Because of this Sony has lost a lot of their exclusive third party developer support which makes buying a PS3 that much harder to swallow. Studio houses like Redoctane and Harmonix (creators of Guitar Hero and Amplitude, respectively) have gone cross-platform. As have Rockstar, Capcom and a whole host of other developers who use to be in Sony's court. Now that those games are going to be available for X360 and PS3, and probably the X360 first, PS3 has a monumental hill to climb. True the PS3 graphics far surpass that of a Wii especially on a HD TV at 1080, but overall game play is what drives the gaming experience. The Wii’s innovation and revolutionary controls make up for it’s the graphical limitations. Bottom line is you can go to any department store and find a PS3 now four months after its release you could not find a PS2 for almost seven months after its initial release. You can’t find a Wii anywhere. The numbers and financials speak volumes. You are entitled to your opinion Insane, but people will respect it more if you back it up with fact.
QrafTee
But futile, you have to admit what Sony's doing is working because Blu-ray is quickly gaining ground just by the PS3s they do sell.
Packfan104L4
QrafTee wrote:
But futile, you have to admit what Sony's doing is working because Blu-ray is quickly gaining ground just by the PS3s they do sell.

No it's the fact that Blu-Ray player sales, NOT including PS3s, have gone up by 1100% in the past year alone. I'll try and find my reference if you want.
Fire Boar
Whong wrote:
Guifodz wrote:
PS3, Wii its for childrens...


NOW WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT???????????????????

SORRY FOR THIS, BUT THAT IS JUST PLAIN DUMB! WII IS FOR EVERYBODY.
We all like to play Wii! We play Wii!

WHAT IS THIS STUFF THAT NINTENDO IS FOR KIDS ONLY? THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST SILLIEST THINGS I'VE HEARD.

NONONO! WII IS FOR EVERYONE, INCLUDING YOU! Wink


Hey, chill out dude!

You're right, but chill out, okay? Let the Sony fanboys make their groundless comments, then storm them with the blatant fact that PS3 is failing to meet Sony's sales expectations, whereas the Wii is surpassing even what Nintendo predicted (and they had very high hopes for the system in the first place).
Packfan104L4
Every time I go to best buy or target, they have at least 3 PS3's in stock. Have I been able to find a Wii yet since release? Nope!
Fire Boar
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Every time I go to best buy or target, they have at least 3 PS3's in stock. Have I been able to find a Wii yet since release? Nope!


Yeah right! And before people start saying "that's coz Nintendo aren't stocking any", remember that about three times as many Wiis were made than PS3s for the release period, and they're constantly churning them out.
Futile
QrafTee wrote:
But futile, you have to admit what Sony's doing is working because Blu-ray is quickly gaining ground just by the PS3s they do sell.


Sony has dug a big hole for itself with the “unforeseen” issues at launch, the lack of product availability and continued pushing back of the European release date. Not to mention the fact they can only make money off of mass qualities of PS3 sells. Nintendo makes money off of every unit. But you are correct the sells are up. But they are up because the PS3 is the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market at the present not because of its gaming side. And Blu-Ray is the way of the future. We will have to wait and see if the sales maintain once all the little companies other then the big boys (Pioneer, Samsung, Panasonic, and Phillips) in the electronics business world start making Blu-Ray players more affordable.

All BS aside the number one selling gaming console in the US was the Nintendo DS
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=93731
Packfan104L4
Fire Boar wrote:
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Every time I go to best buy or target, they have at least 3 PS3's in stock. Have I been able to find a Wii yet since release? Nope!


Yeah right! And before people start saying "that's coz Nintendo aren't stocking any", remember that about three times as many Wiis were made than PS3s for the release period, and they're constantly churning them out.


I don't know where you come off thinking that Wii's just come off the production line like hotcakes, but I'm sorry to say that your PS3 fanboy-ness doesn't realize that a Wii takes approx 4 days to complete. The only reason Nintendo had 3 times as many units at launch than Sony is because Nintendo actually PLANNED their launch properly and didn't half-ass their launch and underpredict like Sony did.
LostOverThere
Quote:
nothing can even compare to the gaming experience on PS3 out there right now..!!


Ever thought that people who buy the Wii aren't looking for power? They're looking for a good time, a new way of playing, and fantastic games.
Whong
Fire Boar wrote:
Whong wrote:
Guifodz wrote:
PS3, Wii its for childrens...


NOW WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT???????????????????

SORRY FOR THIS, BUT THAT IS JUST PLAIN DUMB! WII IS FOR EVERYBODY.
We all like to play Wii! We play Wii!

WHAT IS THIS STUFF THAT NINTENDO IS FOR KIDS ONLY? THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST SILLIEST THINGS I'VE HEARD.

NONONO! WII IS FOR EVERYONE, INCLUDING YOU! Wink


Hey, chill out dude!

You're right, but chill out, okay? Let the Sony fanboys make their groundless comments, then storm them with the blatant fact that PS3 is failing to meet Sony's sales expectations, whereas the Wii is surpassing even what Nintendo predicted (and they had very high hopes for the system in the first place).


You're right! I ought to chill a bit, but I've heard this stuff since I was a kid so it really irritates me to hear something so dumb as that. Idea
reddishblue
After looking at the facts and playing my friends Wii, I chose to get one this gen, before I wasn't going to, but now I am.
I hope it doesn't let me down, it looks like a very fun system after all.
It just had a bad first impression on me...Warioware totally sucks.
LostOverThere
reddishblue wrote:
I hope it doesn't let me down, it looks like a very fun system after all.


Don't worry, It won't let you down - ever. Smile
Whong
LostOverThere wrote:
reddishblue wrote:
I hope it doesn't let me down, it looks like a very fun system after all.


Don't worry, It won't let you down - ever. Smile


That's right! Especially with games like Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Galaxy coming. And Wii already has great games like Twilight Princess. Wii is really a must buy for all fun lovers! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy Wink
Tom7
yeah, i would have to say the ps3, because the wii may flunk a bit like the gamecube. But personally, i would probably choose xbox 360, because i love halo.
Packfan104L4
Tom7 wrote:
yeah, i would have to say the ps3, because the wii may flunk a bit like the gamecube. But personally, i would probably choose xbox 360, because i love halo.


The only reason the Gamecube flunked is because Sony had 90% of the market-share which meant most of the games went to them. The gamecube only got ports about 2 months after initial release. Look at the PS3 now. They looks practically ALL of their exclusive games since no company wants to put their game into the hands of an extremely overpriced system.
LostOverThere
Packfan104L4 wrote:
<snip> ...Look at the PS3 now. They looks practically ALL of their exclusive games since no company wants to put their game into the hands of an extremely overpriced system.


Exactly, especially since the Wii developer Kits are something like 10 times cheaper (?)
QrafTee
Tom7 wrote:
yeah, i would have to say the ps3, because the wii may flunk a bit like the gamecube. But personally, i would probably choose xbox 360, because i love halo.

Halo is so overrated... I've played the Halo 3 beta and it really is just Halo 2.3. Not saying that's bad since Bungie does believe in "if it ain't broke don't fix it," but I was thinking it'd be more than just new weapons and upgraded graphics. The news about Co-op online campaign mode sounds nice though.
ankitjain
Oh! this is so obvious that PS3 is far better than Wii.

PS3 has the best graphic features than anyother. Wii only has the option of playing a live remote but playing on PS3 seems like we are playing in a real world of game.
and.hunt
Graphics, graphics, graphics, really revolutional...
I seem to be noticing a trend in games: Better graphics, worse games. All my favourite games are the ones for older consoles: SNES, GB, N64 etc. The Wii is a compltely new idea, the ps3 however is basically a more powerful ps2, I would prefer a more powerful computer than a more powerful games console.
QrafTee
ankitjain wrote:
Oh! this is so obvious that PS3 is far better than Wii.

PS3 has the best graphic features than anyother. Wii only has the option of playing a live remote but playing on PS3 seems like we are playing in a real world of game.

... Playing in a real world of game? Get a life kid...
kingtendo
Wii ftw!!! it's uniqueness cannot be beaten
Sergiy
I will buy Wii next month Laughing
Seiji
PS3 seems to be getting more popular since I have been seeing a load of ads recently. But I think everyone would rather have fun than boring with amazing graphics. PS3 has some standout games that are overlooked. I guess if you don't have a title game like Zelda or Halo nobody is going to pay much attention to the console. Just a matter of time before the PS3 gets some awesome games that will blowout the 360 and possibly the Wii. Don't get me wrong I'm a Wii fan but I know for a fact the PS3 won't keep disappointing everyone.
QrafTee
Seiji wrote:
PS3 seems to be getting more popular since I have been seeing a load of ads recently. But I think everyone would rather have fun than boring with amazing graphics. PS3 has some standout games that are overlooked. I guess if you don't have a title game like Zelda or Halo nobody is going to pay much attention to the console. Just a matter of time before the PS3 gets some awesome games that will blowout the 360 and possibly the Wii. Don't get me wrong I'm a Wii fan but I know for a fact the PS3 won't keep disappointing everyone.

The PS3 has Final Fantasy XIII... Just when it'll come out is the mystery. And the Wii is supposedly getting a new Zelda game too... so it'll be interesting.
Osmodius
Packfan104L4 wrote:
I'm sure you'll change this statement in about 3 years when the PS4 comes out. Everyone thought the XBOX was the "end all" system, but look at it now.


I didn't say the PS3 would be a good console forever, just that you'd <3 it forever.

By the way, no one took the XBox seriously whatsoever until they ditched the colossal controllers.

erlendhg
The PS3 is really expensive, but has so amazing graphics and stuff. I think it is meant mostly for intermediate -> hardcore gamers.

The Wii is a bit cheaper, but must be really fun with the new technology.

I would choose Wii over PS3, even if you wouldn't Razz

YellowShadow wrote:
I think Wii, because I think it truly defines "next gen". All the Xbox 360 (proud owner) and PS3s did were make there graphics better. Wii revolutionized gaming.


Agreed Smile
greatfire
I would say there is no argument. wii for sure. The Ps3 is overpriced for what it is, has extremely little exclusive games, and has ,in my opinion, no potential. I mean how dumb do sony think we are. SIXAXIS is a load of ****. How many dimensions do we live in and can manipulate, 3. not 6, 3.
Whong
erlendhg wrote:
The PS3 is really expensive, but has so amazing graphics and stuff. I think it is meant mostly for intermediate -> hardcore gamers.

The Wii is a bit cheaper, but must be really fun with the new technology.

I would choose Wii over PS3, even if you wouldn't Razz

YellowShadow wrote:
I think Wii, because I think it truly defines "next gen". All the Xbox 360 (proud owner) and PS3s did were make there graphics better. Wii revolutionized gaming.


Agreed Smile


Yep! That's true!!! Wink
LostOverThere
QrafTee wrote:
ankitjain wrote:
Oh! this is so obvious that PS3 is far better than Wii.

PS3 has the best graphic features than anyother. Wii only has the option of playing a live remote but playing on PS3 seems like we are playing in a real world of game.

... Playing in a real world of game? Get a life kid...


Amen to that!
takashiro
I think playstation 3 is better. As I am using playstation 2 now. Love me, Love my dog. Smile
Satori
Wii all the way!! People who buy the PS3 are like people who buy expensive sports cars. They want they latest greatest technology to make up for what they lack in other areas. They bash the wii because it scares them (and what better way to attack something that scares you than say it's for kids right?) I mean...if it's for kids, how on earth could it hurt you? It scares them because it's different. It doesn't feed their need for power with big processors and extreme graphics. Instead, it changes gaming. And change threatens their sense of power and therefore their self worth.

Anyone who can't see how the wii is the future of gaming is blind. Anyone who bashes it is afraid of change. People who say it's for kids are merely attacking nintendo's attempt at universal appeal.

But the facts speak for them self. Wii has far outsold PS3 and sales are only now just barely starting to slow. You can find a PS3 on the shelf in any store with electronics. Not true of the Wii. The Wii reaches a much larger demographic of gamers (and non gamers) than the PS3 (which targets the much smaller demographic of hardcore gamers.) Anyone can pick up a wiimote and play, even if they're never played a video game in their life and they're 60 years old.

And one last fact of interest. Nintendo's stock price has more than doubled in the past year. You certainly can't say that about Sony.

Bash all you want Sony lovers...but as you do so, just remember that change isn't something to fear.
Osmodius
Satori wrote:
Wii all the way!! People who buy the PS3 are like people who buy expensive sports cars. They want they latest greatest technology to make up for what they lack in other areas. They bash the wii because it scares them (and what better way to attack something that scares you than say it's for kids right?) I mean...if it's for kids, how on earth could it hurt you? It scares them because it's different. It doesn't feed their need for power with big processors and extreme graphics. Instead, it changes gaming. And change threatens their sense of power and therefore their self worth.

Anyone who can't see how the wii is the future of gaming is blind. Anyone who bashes it is afraid of change. People who say it's for kids are merely attacking nintendo's attempt at universal appeal.

But the facts speak for them self. Wii has far outsold PS3 and sales are only now just barely starting to slow. You can find a PS3 on the shelf in any store with electronics. Not true of the Wii. The Wii reaches a much larger demographic of gamers (and non gamers) than the PS3 (which targets the much smaller demographic of hardcore gamers.) Anyone can pick up a wiimote and play, even if they're never played a video game in their life and they're 60 years old.

And one last fact of interest. Nintendo's stock price has more than doubled in the past year. You certainly can't say that about Sony.

Bash all you want Sony lovers...but as you do so, just remember that change isn't something to fear.


The future of gaming? People playing the Wii aren't gamers. They're the kind of people who buy iPods and spend an hour a day on MySpace.

These are gamers.



No one cares how popular the Wii is. You know something else that's popular?

Religion.

gg
Satori
Osmodius wrote:
The future of gaming? People playing the Wii aren't gamers. They're the kind of people who buy iPods and spend an hour a day on MySpace.

These are gamers.



No one cares how popular the Wii is. You know something else that's popular?

Religion.

gg


You make a good point. Those sure are gamers...but the term gamer applies to a very large group of people in a broad spectrum from casual gamer to hardcore gamer. The ones in your picture are of course closer to the hardcore end of the spectrum. For example, I consider myself a gamer. I grew up playing video games all the time. I owned numerous systems, as did my friends and I can say I've played nearly every system that exists (with few exceptions.) But I would never be found in a large hanger looking building full of computer screens playing games all day.

So I would say I fall more in the middle of the gaming spectrum (not really hardcore...but more than just a casual gamer.)

You say that people who buy a Wii aren't gamers...and what I think you MEAN is that they aren't hardcore gamers. For the most part you're right, but there certainly are hardcore gamers who own a Wii (they just most likely own a ps3 or a 360 as well.) It would also be fair to say that of all the people who own a Wii, the minority of them are hardcore gamers.

My whole point is that your statement is basically a blanket statement implying that anyone who isn't a hardcore gamer isn't really a gamer at all. You certainly are entitled to that opinion...but it's nothing more than that. It certainly isn't a fact, and I can assure you that plenty of people would disagree with your opinion.

You say "No one cares how popular the Wii is." Again...what I think you MEAN is that YOU don't care how popular the Wii is (and neither do lots of hardcore gamers.) And again, you are entitled to YOUR opinion...but don't try and smear your opinion all over everyone by implying that everyone agrees with what you say.

You do however make your best point with your comment about religion. I fully agree with you there...popularity isn't any reason to believe in a religion or for that matter, buy a Wii. I didn't buy my Wii because everyone else had or wanted one...I bought it because I wanted it and because I've always liked Nintendo's systems and games. Also, not being a hardcore gamer, I couldn't justify spending $400-600 on a game system that I wasn't going to be playing all day, every day. Though PS2's are currently a great deal at only $129 (and I'm considering getting one at some point.)

The reason I posted the Facts that I posted about the Wii's sales performance was merely to support my argument about the Wii being "better" than the PS3 (the topic of this thread...remember?) I don't really think one is better than the other, they're merely different. But my point was that in the eye of the general public, it's quite obvious that for now, the Wii is ahead of the PS3. That surely can all change, but I'm just telling it like it is.

You obviously don't like how it is...but don't worry! Things will change as they always do.
QrafTee
Osmodius wrote:


The future of gaming? People playing the Wii aren't gamers. They're the kind of people who buy iPods and spend an hour a day on MySpace.

These are gamers.


No one cares how popular the Wii is. You know something else that's popular?

Religion.

gg

So... what you're saying is that I'm not a gamer because I play the Wii? Now think about that for a moment. No, no, really. Think about it. Now I play the Wii and prefer it over its competitors (for now anyway), and that disqualifies me as a gamer? Please tell me what a gamer is.

Okay, the picture shows people playing games... I believe computer games as well, correct? That doesn't tell me what a gamer is. It tells me where some gamers get together to play. Perhaps in competition? So all gamers have to compete, right?

Now let's take this into account and lets look at the classics (provided you're old enough to know what the classics are). What kind of competitiveness was there for... let's say Mario 3 (one of the best games ever created) or The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Okay, that doesn't work because there's no multiplayer, right? How about Super Smash Bros. Brawl which is coming out. Are you telling me that a game which pits major characters from Nintendo franchises against one another isn't competitive? So if it is competitive... and can take place in a large room where "hardcore gamers" who play it competitively get together to see whose the best of the best... does that still mean they're not gamers because they play it on the Wii?

So please, by all means, explain to me what a gamer means in words, not just a picture. Because if you can't then keep quiet while the true gamers talk. Perhaps you can learn a thing or two by looking at real conversations.

By the way, all three consoles are good, no doubt. PS3 is having a rough start; the Wii is having a great start; and the Xbox 360 is enjoying its headstart lead. My position on the Wii is obviously just my opinion, but I do not like seeing people mouth off against any console with lame immature responses because it's simply... stupid.
LostOverThere
Put simple.

I play games on the Wii and I am a person.

Therefore I am a gamer.
Related topics
Xbox 360 vs PS3
XBOX 360 vs. PS3
Xbox 360 vs PS3
Xbox 360 VS PS3, WHO'S GONNA WIN?
Best Gaming System is best
YouTube: Wii VS PS3
Playstation 4? Xbox 720?
[Official]Wii
xbox360 vs ps3 vs nintendo wii
[var] Wii vende mas que ps3
WORST Console ever
Ps3 Or Xbox 360
Wii, PS3, X Box 360 > or PS2?
XBOX 360 vs PS3
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.