FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost Gear

Nerdlings
Since frihost is becoming so big now. Frihost just get a shop selling apparell like T-shirts, hoodies, ect. It'll help make more profit and the truly firhost fans enjoy their clothes
tidruG
Nerdlings wrote:
Since frihost is becoming so big now. Frihost just get a shop selling apparell like T-shirts, hoodies, ect. It'll help make more profit and the truly firhost fans enjoy their clothes

For me, it's a very good idea.
But people are here for free hosting, so I'm left wondering why would they want to pay for t-shirts and stuff? Wink
reddishblue
tidruG wrote:
Nerdlings wrote:

For me, it's a very good idea.
But people are here for free hosting, so I'm left wondering why would they want to pay for t-shirts and stuff? Wink

We have dedicated members who really like Frihost and might buy, but we would have to buy only a few and our current logo is...bad...so we need a different one for a T-Shirt or Bag or something...
LostOverThere
Put it this way, there are 3 types of people on Frihost.

1) Mad Frihostians (These guys would most definently buy Frihost Gear)
2) Frihost Fans (Pretty much everyone here, if its good - we'll buy it, otherwise we wont)
3) Others (These guys just come for the hosting, and stay because they have to)

So, what you have to do is aim it at Mad Frihostians and Frihost Fans by making the T-Shirts funny, Frihost Fans aren't addicted, so you've got to have some awesome catch phrase.

Like:

Please dont report me for having illegal drugs on my site
-Hosted by Frihost | http://frihost.com

or

This is what hosting is - the free hosting service forcing me to buy a T-Shirt
-Hosted For free by Frihost | http://frihost.com

Something like that (But obviously better)
Daisie
"my mate got free hosting and all I got was this loosy teeshirt"

Embarassed sorry couldnt resist Wink
Arseniy
Yes, idea is great, although I couldn't use it - PayPal is not avaiable in Ukraine=(
I remember, that there was a similar topic about Frihost Club... There were some interesting ideas too. But I'm too lazy for search=)
2tidruG:
Only people who really want that t-shirts and souvenirs would buy them=) Forcing isn't proposed.
Nerdlings
I'm sure they're are huge frihost fans here. Like they say the word frihost when they wake up in the morninig
Helios
Sure, I support the idea Smile
Whoever wants to buy and support Frihost this way, will buy that gear Smile
Of course, the money should go only to the monthly server payments Wink
ocalhoun
We definitely need a little plush version of bonding's avatar.
I suppose paying for things with frih$ would be out of the question, but it is an interesting thought.
Azmo
there are companies on the internet that co-operates with diferent sites for this kinda stuff.. so frihost would never need to actually buy a single shirt.. we just send them our logotype.. and the member that wants a shirt orders it direct from that online store. dunno if frihost get some of the profit they make tho.. it will atleast not cost frihost anything.
gh0stface
You know, that wouldn't be too bad of an idea. Having a FriHost clothing and other miscellaneous items. Although how many of you guys would actually purchase it? Wink

Also another big thing for me is what the clothing wear would look like Surprised
Manofgames
I wouldnt buy them, i like the idea, but wouldnt be able to purchase anything, as i dont have paypal Sad

i think at least half of the people here wont have paypal, otherwise most of them'd buy hosting. Sad
Azmo
I have paypal Smile but I'm not using it for much, anyways.. one thing is for sure.. I would never buy clothes with our logotype on as the logo looks right now.. it needs to be cleaner and clearer. hm, start a competition to design a new logotype for frihost?
unknownc1c
i like the idea, but i agree with tidrug up there. This is a free site, so why would people want to pay for shirts? I honesly wouldn't pay unless it came down to something like if they can't raise money the site would shut down. If the site was in trouble then i might consider paying something in some way. Maybe only a dollar a month idea or something....

I'm just not a T-shirt and other apparell type person
ocalhoun
gh0stface wrote:
Although how many of you guys would actually purchase it? Wink

Poll time!
hack_man_
Or how about...

Frankie says:
Don't
Post,
We
Don't
Host

or

Bondings' Avatar on the front and www.FriHost.com and a nicer looing logo on the back.
LukeakaDanish
Haha i really support this idea...I would probably buy a frihost t-shirt myself, if they excisted Smile

One thing though: most people on frihost are probably to young to have their own credit card which of course would limit sales somewhat...
Nerdlings
They should be able to have Pay Pal
reddishblue
How about a thing in the profile page that says what gear you own like:
reddishblue's Gear:
Laptop Bag, Baseball Cap, Bumper Sticker, Logo T-Shirt.
I think it would make it more desirable if others can see what gear you have.
hack_man_
reddishblue wrote:
How about a thing in the profile page that says what gear you own like:
reddishblue's Gear:
Laptop Bag, Baseball Cap, Bumper Sticker, Logo T-Shirt.
I think it would make it more desirable if others can see what gear you have.

That would be cool. If this stuff existed, I would definitely buy it.
zacky
It will be my 5 years now in Frihost on 20th of December.

I love this community and kinda thinking a shirt will be good as a reward.

I know this post was way back from old archive treasure but I like the idea and hopefully someday someone will push this to happen.
deanhills
Well, I guess we could all get to have our own t-shirts or mugs made. These would be the "mug shots" I'd put on a Frihost t-shirt:

zacky
@deanhills, your photos seems very accurate!

Well yeah that a good point though. Someone made a design, ready to print on a shirt then its our own task for print them on our shirt, post them here and voila!
johans
I will not vote for any tshirt or money racing or contest here in frihost since i know this is for all of us free hosting.

Its a good idea however if it will influence with money then it's different story. I believed that frihost is for those people that enthusiastic group developers only.

I hope majority will agreed with me.
Blaster
I like the idea of doing it yourself. Get the design make it and post pictures in a frihost t-shirt thread.
Da Rossa
What about buying gears and converting the value of the purchased goods in points here? Maybe yes, maybe no... Think about it Smile
lightworker88
"Frihost.com--quality hosting for your virtual French fries!"