FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Playstation Home - How cool would this be?





hack_man_
http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/07/playstation-home-revealed/

This is wicked! It is like... GLOBAL SIMS! A free Second Life-like system in PS3 would be so cool.... and it would look so real!
Loghete
Would be..? Are they like not sure if to release it or not?
dan751
Playstation Home is going to be released on October this year to the public as a free service. I look forward to it, heck, I'm even hoping to get in on the open beta testing.
reddishblue
Oh look, Sony is ripping off Second Life too, well thats...Xbox Live, Second Life/Sims and Miis (except now they are realistic).
I am impressed, go Sony, the kings of stealing innovation!
hack_man_
dan751 wrote:
Playstation Home is going to be released on October this year to the public as a free service. I look forward to it, heck, I'm even hoping to get in on the open beta testing.

Yes, sorry, I mean't "Will". I am planning on getting a PS3, this is just another reason!
dan751
hack_man_ wrote:
Yes, sorry, I mean't "Will". I am planning on getting a PS3, this is just another reason!


<off topic> If and when you do get a Playstation3, you'll have to PM me your Playstation Network 'gamertag'. Very Happy</offtopic>
greatfire
to me this is just ****. all it is is habbo with slightly better grpahics (abeit in three d). Graphics are crappy and with the lack of keyboard i can imagine this would be terible to play. cant sony come up with its own ideas. It ripped of nintendos motion sensing controller with its ridiculous six axis controller 9hello we only live in three dimensions) now its copying habbo/sims. and reddish blue its a bit hard to have online capabilities and not be similar to xbox live
Osmodius
greatfire wrote:
It ripped of nintendos motion sensing controller with its ridiculous six axis controller 9hello we only live in three dimensions)


Three-dimensional axes can be considered to have three, or six axes:



As "axis" is fairly loosely defined. It's still not claiming to use more than three dimensions >_>
Keran
I'll be getting PS3 too, now that this PS Home is coming out it will be another reason for me to buy it.
But I have a bad feeling about it, I don't think it will become such a big hit, it might be one of those overadvertised craps, but who knows...
Teddy1
It looks cool. I wanted to get a playstation 3 as i've always liked the playstation. I mean you say xbox yeah true but think about it.. Most home and office computers OS' was made by?.... Microsoft, xbox are made by ? Microsoft.. Computers have just the ability an xbox has if not more, A playstation is unique and looks very nice =). I personally want to get the PS3 now that this is going to be released it looks awesome. Sorry for going a bit off topic but was just my two cents.
Magicman
I saw that on Youtube and it looks amazing but still not worth the $600 price tag on the PS3 for me. It basically does seem just like online Sims. Even the animation seems Sim-like.
Octaeder
greatfire wrote:
It ripped of nintendos motion sensing controller with its ridiculous six axis controller 9hello we only live in three dimensions


Actually we live in four dimensions... Well possibly more, but the physics gets stupid after that.

On an on topic note I don't really see Home as anything like the Sims really. I think the emphasis is going to be more on social interaction and networking than creating your own world... I know you can customise your own private room but that seems far more of a side issue...

Really though if Sony are ripping off anything then it's sites like MySpace et al, and their seems to be enough intriguing features to make it worth checking out. If anything the fact that you can play mini arcade games and pool and bowling just means there's going to be more things for me to beat my friends at online. It's free and I bought my PS3 before I knew anything about Home so really I can't see any reason to complain.
Blu_Spykz
Ve-hery sim like
Guelila
Well all i can say after reading the article is that when the picture and movie sharing thing becomes available, people with slow internet speeds will basically be screwed.
Screwed in terms of looooong downloading time and lag (if this is even applicable to the Home system..)
As for me, currently living in south america, (I get like 50KB dl speed...) I will need a lot of patience when this comes out.. Confused
deStructuralized
This is a terrible idea Laughing.

Not because I dislike the PS3 or I think it's ripping off of other "life simulators," but because I've always found the idea of creating a virtual "identity" and living a detailed virtual life via the internet to be silly. I enjoy a good MMORPG every once in a while, but something that straight up simulates the life we already live in and know? Nah, not my thing.

Y'know, hitting up an arcade or pool hall with your friends can't be that much more inconvenient...and it's definitely more social.

And it prevents people from thinking that gamers just sit on their couch all day and look like this:
Octaeder
deStructuralized wrote:

Y'know, hitting up an arcade or pool hall with your friends can't be that much more inconvenient...and it's definitely more social.


Couldn't agree more, and i'd much prefer to meet my friends in the real world than hang out with them online. However, a lot of my friends havealso moved to different countries or to different parts of this country and I'm not about to buy a plane/train ticket just to go and shoot some pool with them....
Teddy1
I still would buy it just for the fact it comes free with the PS3 give it a year or two and the price will soon drop =). After all that's just what happened to PS2 look now brand new 100 with 1/2 games and an extra controller. When they first came out they were like 300 the games were 50 EACH and that is just crazy but if you want to look flashy then you buy the expensive stuff eh ?. I personally am going to wait for the price to drop before getting one. I think that it's still worth it =).
deStructuralized
Octaeder wrote:
deStructuralized wrote:

Y'know, hitting up an arcade or pool hall with your friends can't be that much more inconvenient...and it's definitely more social.


Couldn't agree more, and i'd much prefer to meet my friends in the real world than hang out with them online. However, a lot of my friends havealso moved to different countries or to different parts of this country and I'm not about to buy a plane/train ticket just to go and shoot some pool with them....

That is a good point.
peaceninja
it looks very cool, it would be something i would be interested in. i love second life a lot, i wish i could play it somewhere else other than my laptop!
iNs@nE
Beauty at its best if you ask me.
spazbutt32
Hm, that could be the one thing making the PS3 okay.
Fire Boar
Woah, unbelievable! This could be the one good decision that Sony have made this year!

It could be great... but it won't be worth the 425 that they're asking for the machine to play the thing.
ShawnKelfonne
If I wanted to play Second Life, I would simply play Second Life.
gtherockgod
I think its a cool feature. You guys are saying that its comparable to such and such a game, and obviously it is, but its also a FREE when released and delivers a whole new dimension to matchmaking for games. I think its a cool concept. Definitely not worth buying a PS3 over but...I think in a year or two when the price drops, the PS3 is gonna dominate everything else.
.xAssassin
This might be the reason why I will get a PS3, this and some future games, IE: GTAIV, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

But, my question is: Are these games worth it?
Tartaglia
Well, I would say it looks fairly neat, but there must besome kind of catch.
LostOverThere
The thing is the Wii (and 360?) has a home system much like this. Its nothing new.
ShawnKelfonne
.xAssassin wrote:
This might be the reason why I will get a PS3, this and some future games, IE: GTAIV, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

But, my question is: Are these games worth it?


GTA IV is also going to hit on the 360, and given MGS' track record, I would NOT be surprised to see it eventually make it there as well. (MGS and MGS2 were Sony exclusives for a time, but MGS made it to the Gamecube, and MGS2 was on the original Xbox as well.)

There is really no compelling reason for me to buy a PS3 at the given time, since even FFXIII looks like it's going to follow the same route that XII did, moving further and further away from the gameplay style of the older Final Fantasy games that I loved.

(Insert random ranting of the "good old days" and how young'ns should get off my lawn here)
ddukki
Seems very SecondLife-ish. Not that that's bad; in fact, it's really cool and seems like a great way to meet people from all over. But as with any simulated life ... thing, this seems a little redundant. I just hope people don't start to LIVE on this Home.
kerryworkman
Never really been into simms style games, but I do have to say it looks sweeeeet. I will say, that since me and most of my friends can't afford to go out and buy a ps3 it dosen't seem like a very realistic way to keep in touch and play games. We all already have computers and there are plenty of good ways to do it with them without an extra $600 price tag.
Related topics
www.poxyproxy.com is BACK!!!- Access blocked sites@school
PlayStation 3
Master Tutorial on SEO
Mu Website
Creating Your Own home video using WMM
PSP GTA Liberty City Stories
PS3: Are you ready for it?
PS3 Home
PS3 vs. Xbox
PS3 Folding@Home
Cool something to do
Favorite upcoming games
PSP remote play with PS3!!!!!
E3: Final Fantasy XIII coming to 360
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.