FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Connecting my domain to FriHost

Ghost900
I just got a domain today and I would like to know how to connect it to Frihost you I can use your servers with my Domain.
xorcist
Just go to Domain Control Panel and when you get there go to Manage Name Servers or whatever it says Name Servers and put ns1.frih.net for Name server 1 and ns2.frih.net for Name server 2.

If you need any help just pm me or post back in here.
Ghost900
I did that now (Thanks for the help)

but when I post my website online it still dosn't work.

do I use a differant FTP for it?

I went to Direct Admin and opened a New Domain there and so it is still in the same FTP. Is that ok?
Animal
Ghost900 wrote:
but when I post my website online it still dosn't work.

do I use a differant FTP for it?

I went to Direct Admin and opened a New Domain there and so it is still in the same FTP. Is that ok?

Provided you have created the new domain within DirectAdmin and you have changed the nameservers of your domain to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net, it should all be working. Usually, DNS changes to a domain (ie. changing the nameservers) takes between 4 and 24 hours to become fully active, so it may take a while for the domain to work. Try connecting to the site using a proxy server like http://www.the-cloak.com - if it works, it's simply an ISP caching issue that will most likely be fixed by the time you read this.

Your new domain also has its own public_html file - upload files to this and not your existing one for it to work. In terms of your FTP settings, ftp.frih.net will still work, as will ftp.yourdomain.com once the DNS changes have propagated.

HTH
Ghost900
Thanks Animal and xorcist. Applause

I used "The Cloak" and it worked. Now I just need to wait until tomorrow.

(Didn't think of it having to take to set up.) Embarassed
alkutob
Ghost900

thank you for this subject .

I have the same situation .

I got a domain ( www.joordan.net ) and I want to connect it to frihost to work instead my existing domain name in frihost
( www.alkutob-jordan.frih.net )

I follow the instructions that posted by xorcist

I went to Domain Control Panel and put ns1.frih.net for Name server 1 and ns2.frih.net for Name server 2.

But my question is :

Where is my domain on frihost hosted ? server 1 or server 2 ?
So I can add the exact ns1.frih.net or ns2.frih.net .

And after adding Name Server what shall I do exactly in DirectAdmin to create the new domain ?

And the important thing I want to know : does creating this domain in DirectAdmin to work instead of my existing domain in frihost affect my site structure and my forum members ( Will I lose my forum and have to backup before doing anything ? )

Waiting your help Animal , xorcist and Ghost900

thank you
mOrpheuS
alkutob wrote:
I got a domain ( www.joordan.net ) and I want to connect it to frihost to work instead my existing domain name in frihost
( www.alkutob-jordan.frih.net )

I went to Domain Control Panel and put ns1.frih.net for Name server 1 and ns2.frih.net for Name server 2.

But my question is :

Where is my domain on frihost hosted ? server 1 or server 2 ?
So I can add the exact ns1.frih.net or ns2.frih.net .

And after adding Name Server what shall I do exactly in DirectAdmin to create the new domain ?

And the important thing I want to know : does creating this domain in DirectAdmin to work instead of my existing domain in frihost affect my site structure and my forum members ( Will I lose my forum and have to backup before doing anything ? )

You're on server 2.

ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net are BOTH nameservers of Server 2.
You should add them both.

(Server 1 has ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net)

If you want your new domain to behave exactly as your existing site, you should add the domain as an "Domain Alias" (in DirectAdmin domain setup page)
That way, you new domain will mirror the contents of your existing site.

Although you said you've set it up, your domain does not resolve to frihost nameservers yet. You may want to make sure you've done it right at your registrar's domain control panel.
alkutob
I followed all the instructions but my new domain didn't connect to Frihost .

Shall I put the Name Server ( ns1.frih.net ) and ( ns2.frih.net )
or
( ns1.frihost.net ) and ( ns2.frihost.net )

The second thing

Shall I clear the registrar's NameServer at my registrar's domain control panel ?

Thank you
Animal
alkutob wrote:
Shall I put the Name Server ( ns1.frih.net ) and ( ns2.frih.net )
or
( ns1.frihost.net ) and ( ns2.frihost.net )

ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net

alkutob wrote:
Shall I clear the registrar's NameServer at my registrar's domain control panel ?

Yes, you must remove your registrar's nameservers from the list.
alkutob
Animal wrote:
Yes, you must remove your registrar's nameservers from the list.

Thank you Animal , but how much time shall I wait until I connect to frihost with my new domain ?
Animal
alkutob wrote:
Thank you Animal , but how much time shall I wait until I connect to frihost with my new domain ?

Once you have changed the nameservers and added the domain in DirectAdmin, it should work quite quickly. If you are getting a "page not found" error, it's likely that your ISP has cached the DNS data. As I suggested in my post above, try connecting using http://www.the-cloak.com

Usually, the domain will be fully available within 4 hours, but it could take up to 48 hours to fully propagate.
alkutob
Thank you Animal

I checked it with http://www.the-cloak.com

and with www.megaproxy.com

It is working now .

Thank you my friend for your help
Animal
alkutob wrote:
Thank you my friend for your help

You're most welcome Cool

Feel free to post again if you have any more problems with the domain.
alkutob
Animal wrote:

You're most welcome Cool

Feel free to post again if you have any more problems with the domain.

Animal
Hello my friend

I want your help again !!!

I bought another domain ( www.jor-dan.net ) and I want to connect it only for my forum
( http://alkutob-jordan.frih.net/forum ) which is now
( http://joordan.net/forum )

What shall I do ?

Thank you very much
Animal
alkutob wrote:
Animal
Hello my friend

I want your help again !!!

I bought another domain ( www.jor-dan.net ) and I want to connect it only for my forum
( http://alkutob-jordan.frih.net/forum ) which is now
( http://joordan.net/forum )

What shall I do ?

Thank you very much

This may actually be a little tricky. The best plan of action would be to create the new domain in DirectAdmin and link the domain to the Frihost nameservers. You should then install your forum software under your new domain and add any skins etc that you wish to use. You will then need to copy the contents of your existing database from your old domain to your new one.

To backup your database, go to http://www.frih.net/phpmyadmin/ and log in using the username and password of your database. The database name will start with your DirectAdmin username, so if you named it "forum" (for example), the database name will be alkutob_forum. You will need to use the password you assigned.

Once logged into PHPmyadmin, you can take a backup of the contents of the database in sql format. Next, log into PHPmyadmin using the username and password of your new database, and upload the sql file you have downloaded from your old site. This will copy across all user data, posts and content etc. It is likely that you will have to reset some settings manually related to domain changes etc.

Make sure that once you have done this, you "deactivate" your old forum since any posts made on the old forum can not (easily) be transferred to the new forum and vice versa.

I hope this is helpful to you
alkutob
Thank you very much , Animal

It is really helpful ... I appreciate all your kindness and giving efforts
alkutob
Can I connect my two domains to frihost so that

www.jor-dan.net and
www.joordan.net

will point to the same domain on frihost ( alkutob-jordan.frih.net )

Thank you in advance
Animal
alkutob wrote:
Can I connect my two domains to frihost so that

www.jor-dan.net and
www.joordan.net

will point to the same domain on frihost ( alkutob-jordan.frih.net )

Thank you in advance

Yes, you can. You could either set them up as domain pointers in DirectAdmin, or you could simply use them as redirect addresses (so that visitors are automatically redirected to alkutob-jordan.frih.net by the domain registrar).
akshar
is there any difference between
www.akshar.co.in
and
akshar.co.in?

What about mail forwarding? I want all mails to akshar[att]akshar.co.in to get redirected to akshar[att]akshar.frihost.net

read [att] as @ :to prevent spammers