FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hosting a site -Domain related question

animassacre
I wont to check if i got the things right.

The goal is to host a reletivly big site (something like 10 GB image hosting) a server (my PC is chosen for the cause) at home.
My IPS is giving me a dinamic IP and domain of this kind - myname.ppp.pppoe.myips.net.

So if i buy a domain , i also have to pay my IPS for statick IP.

Question And then how im i supposed to config the domain to point to my PC?
Diablosblizz
This topic should not be here. It should be under the Domains Section. What you are asking is not even related to Frihost's Web Hosting Support.

Yes, you probably will either need to ask your ISP for a static, they may give it to you for free, depending who you are with. Your best bet is just to email / phone your ISP and ask them.

For the rest, depending which domain hosting, you can set your IP. Google will help you with the rest.
mathiaus
-moved-

Under domain configuration or a similar heading at your domain registrars site, change your A record to your static IP.
Enable port forwarding on your router device at home to forward port 80 to the internal static IP of your server (ie. Don't use DHCP).
FunDa
Use can use dynamic IP. Just have to install something which will tell your nameserver which IP you are on.
It's there in www.everydns.net

EDIT:
Corrected url I put com earlier. Thanks for telling me.
Grrr ... that's another squatter farmer site
Read http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-70761.html&highlight= Evil or Very Mad
animassacre
sorry for the wrong place of the topic Embarassed

FunDa , 10xz

it www.everydns.net -- not .com , but anyway, after seeing this side ,out of nowhere all the information about DNSs servises in my brain got linked together and everything become clear to me Smile Smile

and i thing it is a good free DNS server, so i thing i will usen it at some point
so double 10X Cool
FunDa
No Problem. Very Happy And thanks for pointing out the mistake in the address. It was something I wouldn't have forgiven myself for - see the edited post above