You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Permission denied! Can't access DirectAdmin at :2222 Help!!!

I'm locked out of my own website by frih !!!

Till recently, the computer I use had a shared direct connection to the internet. I was able to access

Now, the internet is routed through some server. And I'm not able to access DirectAdmin like this

P.S. Please note that I may not be very proficient in all this terminology, so ask me again if something I said doesn't make sense.

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL:

The following error was encountered:

* Connection to Failed

The system returned:

(13) Permission denied

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is root.
Generated Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:01:34 GMT by libsrv (squid/2.6.STABLE4)

Help !! How do I access DirectAdmin
Fire Boar
Use for now.

Try port-forwarding port 2222 on TCP and UDP. This is done by entering your router settings (for me that's done by going to the address - basically find out what gateway you're using and enter that. Heck, yours might be the same as mine.

Anyway, log in and go into security, then set up an exception for the address on port 2222 only (both incoming and outgoing). Once that's done, save your changes and try accessing Direct Admin as you have done previously. I can't guarantee it'll work (it didn't for me) but it's worth a try.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to use to access Direct Admin. There are a couple of limitations, but they can be solved.

1) Hidden files such as .htaccess give an "error: file not found" when trying to edit. SOLUTION: Keep a file htaccess.txt and, after editing and saving, re-open the file and save as .htaccess. Either that or use FTP (your username and password are the same as your direct admin login).

2) The link to phpMyAdmin is dead. SOLUTION: Just access it directly at

I hope that helps.
Thanks buddy. I'm in !

Was surviving by FTP, but wanted to use the browser. (FireFTP on firefox couldn't get through)

Changing the router settings may not be possible, so I guess I'll use your fundas Very Happy

Thanks again.
Fire Boar
No problem mate.
yep the same probelm i was facing . I thought its my computer whose showing problem . But thanks Fire . it also solved my problem Wink
Some ISPs (like mine) block ports such as 6969(Bittorent) 2222(trojan port) 55555(port used for exploiting) etc, you can either use a proxy (socks for bittorrent, http for others) or you can use a anonymizer