FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rob Zombie's Halloween Remake!

Gabriela
I love Rob Zombie and his movies. he is remaking the first Halloween movie. I can't wait to see it. Scout Tarlot-Compton play Laruie and a host of other actors play the other characters. Rob is great his movies are always so grewsome and vilolent it's awesome here's the imdb.com page for halloween: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373883/. Anyone planning on seeing it this fall?
pudovkin
... with Malcolm McDowell!
DAMN! Dope! It will be awesome!
laurenrox
How many movies has Rob Zombie made? I know there's at least two of them. One is The Devil's Rejects, but I can't remember for the life of me what the name of the other one is. I know I have the movie, I just can't find it.
pudovkin
Rob Zombie director filmography:
1. Halloween (2007) (post-production)
2. Grindhouse (2007) (fake trailer segment "Werewolf Women of the S.S.")
3. The Devil's Rejects (2005)
4. House of 1000 Corpses (2003)

Source: iMDB

Wow! I didn't knew he joined Tarantino on "Grindhouse"!
laurenrox
Pretty kool. House of a 1000 Corpses was the other movie that I have, but can't find, and couldn't remember the name of at the time...
scottycrip
Definitely going to check this one out. I've enjoyed Rob Zombie's films in the past, so I doubt this will be any exception.
Scaramanga
pudovkin wrote:

Joined Tarantino? He just did a one-minute segment during the break between films.

Also, I refuse to see this. The original film is still fine and plenty scary. All I've seen Rob do is add buckets of gore. Gore ain't scary or thrilling. Also, I'm kind of shocked he had to resort to doing a remake. Can't the man come up with original ideas anymore?
Blu_Spykz
Scaramanga wrote:
pudovkin wrote:

Joined Tarantino? He just did a one-minute segment during the break between films.

Also, I refuse to see this. The original film is still fine and plenty scary. All I've seen Rob do is add buckets of gore. Gore ain't scary or thrilling.

I agree. Rob has a nack of adding insane gore to his films, and whilst it works on films in the past, and will continue to work on the future... it wont work on such classics like Hallowe'en.

Although I probably will watch this on DVD @ a mates house ... I will not pay to see this film. (Well, not unless it ACTUALLY turns out to be a classic that gets all the critics raving...)
mattyj
pudovkin wrote:
Rob Zombie director filmography:
1. Halloween (2007) (post-production)
2. Grindhouse (2007) (fake trailer segment "Werewolf Women of the S.S.")
3. The Devil's Rejects (2005)
4. House of 1000 Corpses (2003)

Source: iMDB

He also did some of the Animations in Beavis and Butthead do america Smile

This should be great, i like Rob Zombies work!
Scaramanga
mattyj wrote:

Uhhh actually, he didn't do any animation, it's just that some of the animation during the hallucination sequence is based on his (still) artwork. IMDB is wrong in listing him as an (uncredited) animator.)
scottycrip
I watched a pirated copy of the movie that was apparently swiped from the movie studio. There was a rape scene when Michael escaped from the hospital that got taken out of the movie. I haven't seen the final cut, but it apparently got replaced with him getting transferred and killing the guard(s) during transport. Has anyone else seen the version I did??
pudovkin
Scaramanga wrote:

Didn't knew that... Sad

mattyj wrote:

This should be great, i like Rob Zombies work!

I remember that! His artwork is very nice!
twisthigh
First of all, that movie is still playing over in my mind and I saw it like a month ago, it was so amazingly good, Rob Zombie deserves a big big big applause b/c that was an awesome movie, not too sarcastic but also not too boring, it had the perfect cast and storyline. I absolutely loved it!