FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Big Help needed .

assee
HI ... I messed up so plz help needed..

I have bought a hosting from Yahoo..

and they gave me Mysql

i made a user name for Mysql database and they also provide me the phpmy admin

now i want to know how can i install the Phpbb forum in it? they ask databse name and username and paswd?

what is all this ?? can anyone plz help..

One more thing . what is privalege thing? when ever i tried to fix the privelage . it says,.

Quote:
SQL query:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `mysql_fix_privilege_tables ` . * TO 'raju'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION ;

MySQL said:

#1044 - Access denied for user 'raju'@'localhost' to database 'mysql_fix_privilege_tables '

so am in dep trouble plz help
Diablosblizz
Don't worry, you are no where near deep trouble. It just means that you do not have permissions to access the Yahoo's Database (you can set them)..

Because I do not know anything about Yahoo hosting, and what type of Panel they use, I cannot help you. The best you can probably contact Yahoo, and tell them your error, a web master there will be glad to help you.

Hope this Helps.
assee
thanks ...

can u tell me how can I made PHPBB forum using phpmyadmin?
qscomputing
Nono, you don't use phpMyAdmin to install phpBB. Just unzip/untar the phpBB archive and upload it all to your server. Then go to the directory where you put it and follow the instructions. HTH.
assee
ye i know but how to creat a database and username and paswd? in PhpMyadmin which i have to put in installation? Its not for frihost .. asking for yahoo hosting .,

thanks for your reply.
FunDa
Go to phpMyAdmin.
[Main page. Center - Click create database. ]
or [(In DirectAdmin or Cpanel) - for frihost , maybe others too - go to Database management. Click create new database
Use default options.

make a user, password, permissions for that database alone. (that may be why permissions were denied)

Finish.

Use the database settings for phpBB installation
qscomputing
Most hosts I've used provide a different mechanism for creating a database rather than using phpMyAdmin. It should be obvious from your host's control panel what you are supposed to do, however.
assee
ye .. the online program through which i can acces mysql is phpmyadmin..

thanks for your posts .

but can anyone tell what is the query to add user and paswd to the databse which have full access of that particular databse?

thanks in advance/
Manofgames
There is no query which will do that unless the user executing the query has sufficient privileges to do so.

I don't remember how Yahoo operate with their databases(I think there's a special user from your username), but I'd suggest taking it up with them, as the mods get a bit particular about references to other web hosters.

Alex
Fire Boar
Go into cPanel (I think that's what Yahoo give you). There you should navigate to MySQL management and create a database, username and password without going into phpMyAdmin at all. Once that's done, you're sorted. phpBB will install it for you.
Manofgames
Fire Boar wrote:
Go into cPanel (I think that's what Yahoo give you). There you should navigate to MySQL management and create a database, username and password without going into phpMyAdmin at all. Once that's done, you're sorted. phpBB will install it for you.

Yahoo have their own Backend, I went on it once,its very hard to use :S
EDIT: So I'd suggest other people don't reply saying in DA do this, as its going to be no help to assee
Fire Boar
Yeah, I remember - they're the ones who do Geocities, right? That's awful.
assee
kk thanks guys I have done it Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy:
am genius lol j/k

it wasnt that hard i was missing something .. thanks to all those who tried to help .. and realy it helped me alot Very Happy

I'll soon write a tutorial abt it Very Happy