FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Get more users / readers...

ankur.vatsa
I just read the post on the reduced 'google advertisements'.

I presume that this was caused by some suggestion like '... more users do not sign-up because FRIHOST shows ads on it.' If that is the case, why do we not run a REFERRALs contest and see more users and hits.

Suggestion, you may not agree - but I think that way.
saratdear
You mean a referral system for us? That is, we refer users to Frihost and get something? Well, it was suggested before, actually some topics down - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-15948.html

Although it got locked, I was actually thinking it is a pretty nice idea. Smile
DeFwh
Bondings wrote:
I just removed most Google ads for logged in members. The only one left is the ad between the first and second post in a topic. I might add some of them back, but definitely not as much as it used to be. I will also re-arrange the Chitika ads.

Removing the ads I don't think was meant to attract more members because this is for only logged in members.

Well with 27017 members I think Frihost is doing pretty good anyways. A refferal contest might be cool but it would way to easy to cheat.
ankur.vatsa
Quote:
A refferal contest might be cool but it would way to easy to cheat.

That is for an individual to decide how to play the contest Smile

And, since Frihost can find out if someone is creating multiple frihost accounts from the same IP, I presume it should be easy to find cheating.

I am glad that frihost has so many useful and sticking users to it but I believe that earnings through ads is the way through our frihost-ings are surviving Very Happy