FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash Video question

Gundamxxg
I have some videos that I have editted, they all contain some form of copyrighted material. However, since they were all used as an educational purpose I was wondering if i could use the flv's here. Being used for educational purposes removes me from any injustification of using the files in anyway, they will not be used for profit in any way. they would be used as almost streaming media, and the source files would be locked so that no one can get them.

I guess what I am asking is, may I host the Flv's here or do I have to host them somewhere else?
Bondings
As you said yourself that they include copyrighted material, I don't think it would be a good idea to host them on our servers. Complaints would go to the datacenter and potentially cause some downtime/problems.

Why don't you simply upload them to youtube and embed them in your website? They have agreements with media companies and probably whole copyright-related staff/systems to handle these kind of things. And it would safe you quite some bandwidth.
Gundamxxg
good point, i dont want to cause any probs for the hosting, I will try to find a storage site to host the vids, and link to them, im not fond of youtubes quality lol, thanks for the reply though.