FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internet explorer... javascript missing???

vaoger
well ...
all the javascript need page can be load but... the thing is that the buton( javascript type) cant be used....
i have ry to enable the javascript and is already enble...
but the button still cant used....(this happen in all webpage...)
i try to installl n reinstall... but nothing seen to be working...
can someone wise to give me some guiden???
Teddy1
Are you using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox ?
Which version are you using ?
If you're using Internet Explorer 6 try upgrading to 7. Also try uninstalling Sun Java System and installing it again. I hope i've been of some help to you. Let me know how it goes. =)
Q5U8
Don't worry, just download of here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Tell us if this solved your problem Very Happy
vaoger
i am using ie 7.. latest version...
i uninstall n install it again....
still same...
Teddy1
I'd say make sure you install all updates from microsoft. If it still doesn't work try using Mozilla Firefox. =)
froginabox
Firefox may or may not help...

Go into the Tools Menu and click "Sun Java Console."

Copy and paste the first two lines here, it will tell us if you're using the most recent version of the JRE.
ThePolemistis
vaoger wrote:
well ...
all the javascript need page can be load but... the thing is that the buton( javascript type) cant be used....
i have ry to enable the javascript and is already enble...
but the button still cant used....(this happen in all webpage...)
i try to installl n reinstall... but nothing seen to be working...
can someone wise to give me some guiden???

I had this problem like agess ago.. and it was extremely frustrating, because absolutely no javascripts would work,so even viewing some Help files won't work e.g. some sections of office help.

I managed to fix the problem by cleaning the registry. Try downloading RegHealer, it fixed the problem for me. Or if you don't wanna do that, try using system restore to put your system regsitry back to a date when it did work.
johanfh
Just uninstalling and reinstalling wont work, because Windows keeps all the settings and imports them into the old settings into the newly installed one.

I searched a little for you, because I didn't know the problem and found a little tutorial how you can check your (Java)script settings. It makes a good chance of working. So maybe you could look at http://www.tranexp.com/win/JavaScript-enabling.htm
I hope it works.

Good luck!
JohanFH
icedrakon
Try switching to mozila firefox 2 go to addons plugins and look for updates
you can do enything you want with firefox is free and powerfull
yjwong
Quote:

Don't worry, just download of here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Tell us if this solved your problem

No offense, but Java has absolutely no relationship with Javascript. Both of them are completely different programming/scripting languages and therefore are not related at all. Java is developed by Sun and can be embedded in web pages, or can also be used to write standalone programs, or even server-side applications. Javascript, on the other hand, is a client-side scripting language for web pages (i.e. To make web pages more interactive).

Test your code with Firefox and take a look at the error console (Tools -> Error Console). On Internet Explorer, you can enable script debugging so that you will be notified of errors in your Javascript code (view here).