FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is it about April?

Jinx
Has anyone noticed that April seems to be just about the deadliest month?

Bad things keep happening in April:
The Civil War and American Revolution both started in April
M.L. King, jr. and Lincoln were both assasinated in April
Kurt Cobain killed himself in April
The Titanic sank in April
Chernobyl happened in April
The San Franscisco Earthquake and two of the deadlies volcanic eruptions ever - Tambora and Unsen happened in April.
Columbine and Waco and the Oklahoma City bombing happened in April
and now Virginia Tech...

Just what is it about April?
brokenadvice
Don't forget:

Hitler was born Mad
brucedes
Jesus too, but that's unrelated.
driftingfe3s
Ha! The day the titanic hit the ice burge and the day Lincoln was shot is my birthday!
Arseniy
2brucedes
Err... sorry, but Jesus was born in January or December (different religies). Or you're talking about his death?=)
Another bad event:
The Bosnian War started in April 1992
brucedes
Depends, there is a lot of debate on the topic of his month of birth, and I have heard (can't remember where, sorry). But you're right. He died in April.
em0o
wow, that's quite of bit of stuff that has happened in april.
turbowolf
haha, indeed I think that's quite of bits of stuff that has happened in each monthe of a year. Cool

em0o wrote:
wow, that's quite of bit of stuff that has happened in april.
crimson_aria
woah, I didn't know these much stuffs happened in April.. xD thanks for the info
Aless
Don't forget...Columbine was on Hitler's birthday and Waco & Oklahoma city were on the same day of the year, just one before...April 19. Pretty damn spooky!
Arseniy
We all forgot one very important and interesting thing, that took place in April 26 2005 - FriHost was created=)))
Shame to us, bow our heads=)
indeedwrestling
driftingfe3s wrote:
Ha! The day the titanic hit the ice burge and the day Lincoln was shot is my birthday!

Yes, the Lincoln assassination is especially amazing. I am reading "MANHUNT: The search for Lincoln's Assassin." right now. For awhile there, I was almost tracking JWB day by day in real-time. It's a really good book and I recommend it if you're at all interested in a much fuller and complete story of what happened!
russel26
the history of god....
benjmd
I'm willing to bet you could come up with an equally impressive list of tragic things that happened in any other month of the year. Bad people like to kill other people year-round.
poly
I think you could find a similar amount of "bad" events taking place in any other month as well..
ptolomeo
I agree with poly, I dont think april has anything special about bad things, i think you could find lots of good things happening on april too.
amicalindia
I was born in April
Same day as Hitler 20th of April
lolz...Wink Wink

Jinx wrote:
Has anyone noticed that April seems to be just about the deadliest month?

Bad things keep happening in April:
The Civil War and American Revolution both started in April
M.L. King, jr. and Lincoln were both assasinated in April
Kurt Cobain killed himself in April
The Titanic sank in April
Chernobyl happened in April
The San Franscisco Earthquake and two of the deadlies volcanic eruptions ever - Tambora and Unsen happened in April.
Columbine and Waco and the Oklahoma City bombing happened in April
and now Virginia Tech...

Just what is it about April?
RubySlasher
Well, April is the fourth month, and some cultures and even numerology consider four to be an unlucky number. But to be honest, I think December is a far more sinister month.
applejunk
haha i was born on 4.20, Hitler's birthday and national pot day lol. i think every month has its fair share of bad events, it just happens that April is the most well known because the events in that month are so wide scaled.

i don't remember who mentioned it earlier, but 4 is considered an unlucky number in asian countries because it sounds like the word death. i know a lot of people won't program anyone on their speed dial for 4 because it is like wishing them death. i don't think this applies to the month you're born in though ... lol
horseatingweeds
April has always been a bloody month, its the start of spring, when wars and offensives begin.
zjosie729
It's also when people fool you on April Fools Day... maybe that'd have something to do with all these bad stuff?
tony
yaya! all the bad history from april! maybe someone is angry the winter is over???
LostOverThere
tony wrote:
yaya! all the bad history from april! maybe someone is angry the winter is over???

Unless you live in Southern Hemisphere? But honestly, its just a coincidence. As people have said, I'm sure lots of other bad stuff happened in other months just as much.