FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Game running too fast

exarkun
I had this problem with some of the games I played so far: Grand Theft Auto, XIII but dota and lego star wars doesn't seemed to be bother by it.

Anyone know anyway to solve it or any method to tell my computer to go a bit slowly? The problem now is that the game is running and it is something like computer lag, where movement is slowly reflected on the monitor. The only difference is that example when I press the arrow key to move forward one step, it will go like, 5 steps. Because of this, I had to give up playing some of my favorites games.
ThePolemistis
exarkun wrote:
I had this problem with some of the games I played so far: Grand Theft Auto, XIII but dota and lego star wars doesn't seemed to be bother by it.

Anyone know anyway to solve it or any method to tell my computer to go a bit slowly? The problem now is that the game is running and it is something like computer lag, where movement is slowly reflected on the monitor. The only difference is that example when I press the arrow key to move forward one step, it will go like, 5 steps. Because of this, I had to give up playing some of my favorites games.

download DOSbox.... thats the best!!!!
its a DOS emulator,,, so u can slow down GTA and other DOS games....

Heres the address: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?main=1[/url]
ezekiel_rage
ThePolemistis wrote:
exarkun wrote:

download DOSbox.... thats the best!!!!
its a DOS emulator,,, so u can slow down GTA and other DOS games....

Heres the address: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?main=1[/url]

GTA is not a DOS game. At least the newer editions
mjohnson
Have you tried the program "gear change"?It is a tool for change game speed,I think it may resolve your problem.
heridlia
If you want to controll your 'software speed' in yout PC, try SPEEDGEAR!

It's very useful for your games app!
Runthornet
u didnt say what cpu u had.. and if its dual-core.. if its an AMD dual-core then there is a known problem with games running 2 fast and not relyin on the the timing cycles in the windows API... there is an official AMD patch for it to fix this tho..i have the patch intalled myself Smile

heres the link 2 to it

The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

hope this helps Smile
THE11thROCK™
Speed Gear? Looks good. I'll give it a try. I had trouble slowing down Warcraft 2 in my AMD AM2 based PCs. Dosbox won't slow it down. Or maybe i'm doin' something wrong. I'll check it out.