FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash photo gallery. NEED COMMENTS (and help)

kevinalle
http://tekage.com.ar/uploaded/fotos.swf

What do you think about this picture gallery???
I don't know why the Loading... stuff doesnt work, but whait a bit, its just 1 MB.

Please give opinions!
Thanks
WallBase
I this this is nice, Buuuuut the big picturse have bad quality, try to get them in better quality, bec u have some funny pictures and some good ones!!^^Ceep up the good work!!! Sad but yeah a Realy nice Gallery show^^ !!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
kevinalle
Yes, I have these pictures in high quality on my computer, but I thaught there was no need to make you wait longer because of download times. Its just so you can see the gallery in action.

What I should do but I dont know well how, is to load the images when you click on them and not have them load with the main movie.
I also wanted to load pictures dinamically using XML, but I dont have the knowledge.

http://tekage.com.ar/uploaded/gallery_src.fla

Here's the source code. (You can use it as much as you want, no one will charge you, but will appreciate a link to http://tekage.com.ar)

If anyone wants to look through it and give a hint about those two things...

Thanks anyway,
K
evilryu530
hey, i like it! but ur scrolling is really sensitive...
Donutey
I might check to see how this runs on slower computers, as it seems processor intensive. Great work.
kevinalle
I dont find it processor intensive.. it just sets diffrent _yscales and _y to the thumbnails... not much science...
Dragate
THey're high enough quality.

Very nice gallery.

Very nice effect with the scrolling.

I suggest you have something light up when you have one direction going...

like an arrow pointing up when it's moving up, and the arrow intesifies in colour as it goes faster?

Also, the little thumbnail shouldn't pop up beside the pointer, but ranther in a place where it's set and fixed in a corner or somewhere convineint like making your scrolling area smaller, and putting it under?

Yeah!

NICE GALLERY!
kevinalle
I'm not sure about the arrows.. I think you can see pretty well towards where it is scrolling. Besides I think the arrows would encourage people clicking on them.. And that is not wanted.

I tryed this of loading the thumnail elswhere but concluded this was the best.. Otherway it makes it a bit confusing.

Thanks for commenting!
aningbo
i'm running outa patience to see all the pictures. how many pictures are there??? why dont you have it in categories so that you could have more pictures organized. also make a counter for the pictures to show where i am and how much more. loads pretty fast though it may take forever for some few unfortunate slow connectivity users.
kevinalle
ye, you're right. I was going to put a next/prev button, but I hadn't thought about the counter.
I still have to make the gallery XML based, but I cnt figure out how... I'm going to read more about it.
If anyone would be soooooooo good and read the source code posted above and give me a clue about xml... that would be Great!
rafifaisal
I do not like it at all.
The scrolling is very sensitive. By the time someone has discovered where to put his pointer to keep the scrolling still, he might have gone crazy.

Second point. The large version of the pics is very very poor of quality. I bet your original photo was of a thumbnail format and you had it digitally enlarged, decreasing the auality.
Try to take your originals in the format of the large pictures and then have them minimized to the thumbnail measures.
This will keep your quality optimal.
kevinalle
the images were originally big, but I decreased the filesize so that it loads faster. Its just so you can prewiew it faster and leave your comments. thanks for your comments anyway!
imagefree
yes its good but if you just improve the quality it would become better.

Nice work
kevinalle
I say this again...

I really wanted to make the gallery XML based, but I do not have the knowledge.
I reduces the images quality to reduce filesize.

Any clue on how to make this XML based??
Thanks
dbhai
Good gallery but pics should be bigger
petzon
That is actually a really cool idea.. Though to control the picture-flow you need practise Razz mouse sensitivity shouldve been lower Wink
hack_man_
How does this incorporate XML? Does it generate dynamically, ie do you simply have to FTP the images up, or do you have to change an XML file?
Bengt
The idea is good,
but it has to worked on a bit more.
In general: overall quality (thumbnails and photo's as well for example)

But it looks good Smile
warezfun
The idea is good,
but it has to worked on a bit more.
kevinalle
thats the problem of the whole thing...
images are embedded directly inside the flash. This makes the gallery not-so-usable.
I just need the script to load images dynamically using an xml file.
If anyone has any idea of how I can do that I would appreciate.
Thanks