FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Well its 4/20!

DeFwh
Not that I celebrate it but I'm always hearing that people are smoking mass amounts of cannabis, for non-scientific people its know as marijuana or weed.

Also kids dont do drugs.

According to wikipedia theres actually a purpose behind all this doping.

Wikipedia wrote:
The widespread popularity of 4/20 celebrations in the U.S. has brought about calls advocating for the reform of American marijuana laws. The 420 Campaign urges individuals to become involved in the political process and the drug policy reform movement. Specifically, the Campaign calls for leveraging "April 20th as a focal point every year to concentrate pressure on Congress to legalize marijuana." In addition to contacting state and national legislators, people can take action by supporting organizations—such as NORML and MPP—that represent the interests of marijuana users and other concerned citizens.
bangala
What is 4/20 celebrations, if I may ask??
LostOverThere
4/20 has something to do with the American drug code or something.

Also today is Hitler's Birthday! Rolling Eyes
dray101
there's a day for almost everything now! (there's even a talk like a pirate day!)
DeFwh
dray101 wrote:
there's a day for almost everything now! (there's even a talk like a pirate day!)

Thats true I even think theres a wedgie day.
qebab
PLEASE REMEMBER CAPS LOCK DAY AT OCTOBER 22, GUYS!

Yes, there are too many days and celebrations now.
Yjaxygames
LostOverThere wrote:

Really? How did you know that?
poly
This is really dumb, those kids all taking drugs..
DeFwh
Yjaxygames wrote:
LostOverThere wrote:

Really? How did you know that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler

Date of birth listed I didnt even know that till I looked.
bluedragon
420 originated in some rich high school north of SF. it has numerological gain, though.

kids smoking marjiuana is fine if they're taught how to use it properly. that's the problem with everybody is we don't have any idea of MODERATION ... that why we keep buying and we keep driving and we keep killing and we keep complaining about the cycle that we keep fueling.
HereticMonkey
"420" came from the California SB 420, which was supposed to help medicinal marijuana implementation...if it helps...

HM
vanille
I don't get it O_O they're smoking the stuff in order to support it/defy the law?
I Hate My User Name
There is one thing, trying to legalize medical marijauna, etc, etc. However, "little smoker kids" who think its so call because they smoke, think its a great excuse to go out and smoke. What difference is that other people smoke it? How is it supposed to progress the enactment of a bill? Well it doesn't. It just makes them feel a little better inside because they can't seem to process that it does no good, what they're doing.

-IHMUN-
HereticMonkey
vanille wrote:
I don't get it O_O they're smoking the stuff in order to support it/defy the law?

Nope; they just want to smoke it. However, by taking on the trappings of supporting the law, they make it look like they are supporting it and therefore making it difficult for the real supporters of the law (some of whom just want recreational use, and see medicinal marijuana as just the first step).

Heh. Politics: It's the new chess.

HM
LeatherRose
well...alot of things happend on 4/20 that people smoke pot for.
that isn't the only signifigant thing that happend on april 20th.
Quote:
Source::: Wikipedia.com
April 20 is the 110th day of the year (111th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 255 days remaining.

Quote:
April 20 - Two Littleton, Colorado teenagers named Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold open fire on their teachers and fellow students. The teenagers killed twelve students and one teacher, and then killed themselves. See Columbine High School massacre.

Quote:
Although many diverse theories exist to explain the origin of the term, it is widely accepted that in 1971, a group of teenagers at San Rafael High School in San Rafael, California used to meet after school at 4:20 p.m. to smoke cannabis at the Louis Pasteur statue.[3][4] The term became part of their group's salute, "420 Louis!",[5] and became popularized in the late 1980s by fans of The Grateful Dead.[6] Many cannabis users continue to observe 4:20 as a time to smoke communally. By extension April 20 ("4/20" in U.S. dating shorthand) has evolved into a counterculture holiday, where people gather to celebrate and consume cannabis.[7][8][9] In some cities, this celebration coincides with the celebrations of Earth Week. [10][11][12] The line "Four and Twenty blackbirds baked in a pie" in the Nursery Rhyme "Sing a Song of Sixpence", is thought by some to be the origin of 420's significance.

Quote:
Source::: http://www.juntosociety.com/dayinhistory/042003.html
Born on April 20
121 Marcus Aurelius, 16th Roman emperor, philosopher.
1745 Philippe Pinel, founder of psychiatry.
1807 Aloysius Bertrand ("Gaspard de la Nuit"), French poet.
1808 Louis-Napoleon (Napoleon III), emperor of France.
1850 Daniel Chester French, sculptor.
1889 Adolf Hitler, Facist dictator of Nazi Germany (1933-1945).
1893 Harold Lloyd, film comedian.
1893 Joan Miró, Spanish painter.
1927 Alex Muller, Nobel Prize-winning physicist.

Quote:
Source:::http://www.thehistorychannel.co.uk/site/this_day_in_history/this_day_April_20.php
Scientists say the Earth has narrowly missed being struck by a passing asteroid weighing 400 million tons.

US President Richard Nixon announces that 150,000 American troops are to be withdrawn from the fighting in Vietnam.

Quote:
Source::: http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/april20th.html
1945 World War II
The German Army in Leipzig surrendered and U.S. troops now control Leipzig and now continue the march to Munich

Quote:
Source::: http://www.ghoulpool.us/?p=42
The holiday National Smoke Marijuana Day, where many potheads smoke marijuana on April 20th, in keeping with the expression four-twenty. This has become a way to protest the criminalization and prohibition of marijuana use and possession.

So You See...many things happend on this day..maybe it is all of them...
Maybe a long time ago some hippe stoner kid was wondering why stoners didn't have a holiday so he declared that day the holiday..and eventualy he told his friends and his friends to their friend..and so on an so forth...
there isn't really a specific reason why 4/20 is the "national pot smokers day"
toasterintheoven
420 originated from a group of potsmokers at a high school in San Rafael, CA
ajitha999
there's a day for almost everything now! (there's even a talk like a pirate day!) Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed