FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Time for a Makeover?

MadeinIndia
Hi, I have recently changed the complete design of my website and it did get favorable reviews, compared to the old design we had which had frames. The only thing I retained is the logo of my site.

Do you guys think I need a different logo or the current logo projects the perfect resonance? Your advise is requested. BTW my site is http://www.cellyourcity.com
wlb
The interface is quite clean. You now have to use the logo can still, of course, to visit the site more, increase content and the use of the logo or dynamic, more sophisticated
{name here}
Much better! You might want to strip the comments out, though, and try to avoid using tables a little more, but other than that pretty good.
Dragate
I rememeber seeing this.

VERY GOOD IMPROVEMENT!

IT'S REALLY GETTING THERE ^^

but something, is missing. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about it unnerving.

Very nice site though, Make some better alignment?

I'm not sure. Play around with it. It's for a pretty high resolution screen though, change that up a bit ^^
aningbo
it took forver to load else its good. very clean and also u may optimize the pictures and flash more. why on earth do u have to place videos!?? some slow PC users will face loads of problem as there's a high chances of getting hung up.
Donutey
The video is fine, but I would put a link to it on the main page, rather than embedding it directly in the page. You could use actual text for the logo if you wish to maintain the simple font you have now, or go to dafont.com and find a font that might be more distinctive than the one you have.
Azmo
looks good as it is.. however, you should realy try to use grids when u do your website..
You realy should fix all margins, don't look good when you have different length of stuff and then "center" them under eachother (left side of the site)
DoctorBeaver
I get problems with alignment on the page. The titles in the right-hand column are missing the first few letters - presumably overwritten by what's in the middle column. I get things like "tured pictures" and "t in".

I would also have a different hover colour for the links on the right just to highlight which 1 you're pointing at.

Just 1 geographic question - when I was in New Zealand, Bay Of Islands was on the east coast & 90 mile beach was on the west coast. When did 1 or the other move? Confused
MadeinIndia
Hi,

That section is 2 destinations combined, Bay of Islands and Cape Reinga. And the guide mentioned the beach is at ahipara. Hope this clarifies Smile
rafifaisal
Hi there,
Nice site man. How did you get the coverage on BBC. I think it is the click online program. Did you contact them yourselves or did they find your site and decided to cover it in their program
GB
One of the websites I point people to around here is A List Apart. One article from their archives is "Good Designers Redesign, Great Designers Realign". I think as you consider a redesign, you need to pause and ask why you want to redesign. Do you see an user need that your site is not currently supporting? Or do you just think the site looks "dated" or needs more "pizzazz." I would argue, as does this article, that before you make simple cosmetic changes, you need to think about what changes you will make and how it will serve the user better.

Good luck on your site and congrats on the BBC coverage!
Dragate
hm.

Regrading my past post commenting on your new design... Something still seems to be missing. It seems kind of empty or something. Funny alignment?

Hm maybe when you have it bigger window don't let the white-back thinger get too big and spread everythign out... well maybe that would be bad.

Hm very simple, but effective~
Don't know what to say still haha