FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Subdomain Name Checking

ctrlTR
Is there anyway to check easily the subdomain names while submitting request for hosting account ? The members have to write the subdomains that they wish on browser before they submit request.Could it be checked automatically while submitting request in phpBB code.

garionw
Good Idea, shouldn't be too hard to code provided Bondings has made a list of the subdomains somewhere in mySQL
Bondings
It's checked after submitting, you'll get an error when it's taken or not allowed. In that case, just hit the back button and try a new one. But if you pick a normal subdomain that is longer than 3 characters, then the chance is very low that it is not allowed or taken.
DeFwh
Bondings always has a solution either in place or almost ready.
simplyw00x
Just to be obtuse, any change of some AJAX magic so that it tells you if it's available as soon as you've finished typing?
ctrlTR
I am new member and i just start to become active in these days in frihost forums.But i can say that Bondings and other moderators seem to be professional about managing the forum like frihost which has a lot of active members.

DeFwh wrote:
Bondings always has a solution either in place or almost ready.
tidruG
simplyw00x wrote:
Just to be obtuse, any change of some AJAX magic so that it tells you if it's available as soon as you've finished typing?

Not in the near future, as far as I'm aware.
In fact, you're not likely to see ANY AJAX on the forums for some time is my prediction.
Bondings
I might be adding some ajax features, but definately not in the soon future, as tidruG mentioned. I would rather like to have a lot of functioning features instead of only a few fancy ajax ones. Besides, the subdomain changes aren't often used anyway, about 1 a day
Droop
Bondings wrote:
It's checked after submitting, you'll get an error when it's taken or not allowed. In that case, just hit the back button and try a new one. But if you pick a normal subdomain that is longer than 3 characters, then the chance is very low that it is not allowed or taken.

LoL your crazy, i think thou it should be added, then there wont be all this time wasted on checking hah. But then it doesnt really mater after you sign up so i'm not sure its worth the time and effort of recoding and adding a spot in the database, anywho good suggestion, happy posting!!