FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who has seen Freedom Writers!

Watch it?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Stoicus
I haven't seen it yet and was tempted to rent it to see with my girlfriend. But i want something semi romantic but fun and entertaining and i saw the trailer a while back and its a lot of gang violence and how a teacher helps them. Sound sweet what do you guys think!
lethaltriad
The idea for the movie has been done already but when it comes on cable i'll definately watch it, it looks very interesting. I love one of the theme songs for it also.. SIA - Breathe Me. It made me a SIA fan.
linangan
This is supposed to be a feel-good movie that presents a story of triumph against all odds, the power of education and the positive impact that one person can have on a community. But none of these elements are easily translated for the screen without the cringe factor, which sadly takes over completely here. For what it's worth, Swank plays the nerdy, naive do-gooder comfortably but is at times left in the shadow of Imelda Staunton's hard-faced, old-school teacher. It's prone to throwing in unnecessary plot developments, so it never quite succeeds as anything more than Dangerous Minds Redux. It tells a great story in a predictable way, drumming up gangster cliches and dragging every time the teacher steps out of the classroom. Her progressively shaky marriage to an unambitious guy is uninteresting, as is her relationship with her skeptical father. And her disapproving colleagues are so comically, broadly drawn, they seem more evil than any of the gang members. By the end we're left feeling that we've seen everything in this movie before, only in a much worse manner.