FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Celebrity Gossip aka That Shameful Thing I Hate to Love

zanzou
Anybody else find themselves sucked into the horrible, evil world of celebrity gossip?

>_> I sure have.

D: I blame it on the fact that livejournal has a gossip blog that has over 50 posts a day, every day.
Vrythramax
Gossip is essentially rumurs. I am no celebrity, but I would hate for gossip/rumors to spread around about me...I don't think anyone here would appreciate that.
zanzou
Vrythramax wrote:
Gossip is essentially rumurs. I am no celebrity, but I would hate for gossip/rumors to spread around about me...I don't think anyone here would appreciate that.

There's quite a few opinions about that-- most of them boil down to either "give people privacy", "Paparazzi go too far? Y/N" or "It's their own fault."

This is because some celebrities are hounded like mad for no real reason-- Jake G has tonnes of papz pics, but they're all of him doing completely normal, non-attention grabbing things, such as jogging or grocery shopping. There's also the celebs who do somethings of notice or are involved in some drama (Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt, Britney, whomever) and they get completely SWARMED by papz, can't really live their lives and/or end up attacking the paparazzi in some way. The last one boils down the fact that some celebrities who ARE interesting/live an interesting life manage to almost completely avoid the spotlight when not giving interviews-- and so if you want a quieter life, it's entirely possible, and you're just not really trying.

But I would say that celebrity gossip isn't essentially rumours, but is instead keeping track of celebs. Rumours ARE involved -- a lot of "personal friends" come forward with things that may or may not be true.

But I'd say most of what I read (since I do it mostly through online blogs) is news reports, with a healthy dose of speculation on what things mean. :)
Soulfire
See, I find it alright to casually read some of those Enquirer-type magazines, but to me there is no reason to obsess over someone elses' life. My mother, however, can sit and read those for the whole evening.
standready
It is a trerrible waste of time. Who cares what they do. Be yourself and don't exist through others. Your own life is beautiful - get out and enjoy it!
Although, there sure is alot TV devoted to them, even in the so-called news programs, so I must be WRONG!
zanzou
standready wrote:
It is a trerrible waste of time. Who cares what they do. Be yourself and don't exist through others. Your own life is beautiful - get out and enjoy it!
Although, there sure is alot TV devoted to them, even in the so-called news programs, so I must be WRONG!

That's why I call it "that shamefull thing I hate to love". I don't WANT to be interested in what they're doing, but am anyway. xD;;;

And really, I'd rather read about their drama-filled lives than have my own be like that. I'm not a fan of drama between me and my friends/our various love interests.