FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recommended digital camera for good price?

jay84h
I was wondering which would be a good camera for a good price? I am looking for a 5-8MP camera preferably Kodak or Canon, any other recommendations would be appreciated. With nice features as well as a good lens. Also would like superb quality pictures.
Q5U8
Kodak is a great camera, but Canon is the best.

I have a EasyShare CX7310 with SD 128MB Memory Card and is very good to take pictures.
jay84h
I went and purchased the Kodak EasyShare V570. I have tested it a bit and it seems pretty nice! Foer the price it looks to be a steal since it was the last camera available ANYWHERE around where I live. It was regular $479.99 canadian on sale for $229.99 which was awesome. A friend recommended this, once I seen it I was very appealed and then everytime I would look at a picture of it I grew fonder of it which caused me to try and find one. It has Schneider-Kreuznach lens which are one of the top quality lens available, which it a plus. Giving crystal clear pictures is always a plus with any camera.
Q5U8
I'm glad that you find a great one with the Kodak V570, when you get a time, take a nature picture and show here to enjoy them! Very Happy
Jaan
I have a Canon Digital Ixus 60, it takes decent/good quality pictures for a good price, you can prolly get one for cheap off ebay or elsewhere.

You can check the quality from some of my amateurish picture and rum.
If you want better pictures invest in a tripod, i dont trust those "auto stabilizers" with a tripod you're guaranteed better quality than gyroscopes.

Cheers
jay84h
I just needed a camera that is very compact, easy to use with great pictures. I will be sure to take a picture for anyone to see the quality. If you would like to check it out, you can do so here:
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=7402&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=15741
SyncM
Sony H9 and H7 looks great with 8mp and 15x zoom you got a lot for the money. Picturestabilasator and nightvision looks like a great camera.
kiranaghor
I have been using both Sony and Canon for last three years. Both rock but I prefer canon. IT has kool functions and I have got used to canon cams.
Also Canon provides software for both mac and windows.
jay84h
Right now im used to my Kodak V570 camera, it's awesome. I believe that the V series are the only good Kodak camera's that are available, they are one of a kind, and have a nice sleek look to them. Not to mention it's the smallest camera i've had or even seen! It will fit right in your jeans pocket.
Bones
My girlfriend has the Kodak Easyshare Z710 and it takes GREAT pictures!
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=9/19/131&pq-locale=en_US

A steal for $230.

My camera is a Sony DSC-S60
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/sony_s60.html

But at only 4.1MP it is getting a little dated now, although it still takes great pics as well. I chose it because it has the option for a slave flash, tripod mountable for low light/night pics and also has the ability to accept other lenses (fisheye lens, tele lens, macro lens, etc)

If you are really serious about photography, then you really can't beat a Nikon camera. Every professional photographer I have ever met uses Nikon.

Good luck in your search
jay84h
Thanks much, I have been using my new Kodak V570 that I received for my birthday and I love it! The features on it are to my advantage, as well as the picture quality is great! I am not at all too serious about phtography, just a casual user that wanted a newer camera with more features, more MP and very compact. This camera is has an Ultra-Compact design.
Bones
Hey, what's the deal with the dual lenses on that camera? I havent seen a camera with those before. Looks kinda cool though.
jay84h
One lens is a big 23mm widescreen lens, and the other is just a normal fullscreen lens. It makes a huge difference, if you have for example 4 people in a huddle ready to take a picture together, u can successfully take the picture arms length and no one will be cut off.
jay84h
One lens is a big 23mm widescreen lens, and the other is just a normal fullscreen lens. It makes a huge difference, if you have for example 4 people in a huddle ready to take a picture together, u can successfully take the picture arms length and no one will be cut off.
falconfx
I recently bought a new digital camera as my old one was getting too old Very Happy and, since Kodak is one of my favourite brands, I chose the V610 model.

It has got a stunning 10x optical zoom and thanks to its 6 megapixels sensor I wasn't disappointed with the photo quality, which is almost superb, perfect for printing Shocked

It's not difficult to buy it for 200$, just search through the web... Wink

Hope this will help you

Bye!
jay84h
I also considered the V610 actually, but in the end I did choose the V570, which has done me very good. I went with Kodak since they have a good reputation and the quality of the pictures are life-like.