FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

True Music Appreciators

Are you a true music appreciator?
Yes!
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know...
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

JinTenshi
Ok, perhaps "Appreciators" does not exist in the dictionary. But we can always add it in.

Appreciators [ Noun? ] Ah-Pri-She-Ate-Er-S
1. People who appreciate something

Right. Enough crap. I created this thread because I've been reading some very disturbing posts. ( Nearly everywhere on the WWW ) Music, we have what we like, we have what we don't like. But still, it's music right? And genres, pop, rock, metal, etc. Does it really matter? All can sound just as nice, you just need a different perspective.

Some Random Guy Off The Internet wrote:
OMG, POP is SO yesterday! It so s*** now! Rock is the way to go! Go rock go! Yea! All the GNR fans! Yea! Megadeth! Pop s***! Listen to some true music and get a life!

Alright, so that quote wasn't exactly from anywhere. But you can find similar posts that has a similar syntax elsewhere and you can say, it's very common. Too common in fact. So here's what I want to say. Pop is nice, classical is nice, jazz is nice, rock is nice, all genre are nice. It's up to personal preferences.

There are NO time limit as to which genre will expire and turn s***y. Pop got really hot during the Pop Era ( Not so far back, around say.. 5 years or so ago ) and after which Rock Era came in. But no, Pop does not turn disgusting to listen to just because of that. True, alot more rock songs popped out, and all fans of rock genre will be happy. But pop songs will still sound just as nice, still the same ( Though maybe after too many times of repeatedly listening to it will get you sick of it, but then isn't all music the same? Human nature, we all want new things. )

Be damned to eternal hell for those who say they appreciate music but only says the Rock genre is good while the rest just s***. True music appreciators are those who are open minded. To those who are willing to accept. When you listen to a pop song, you can judge from the "Pop" point of view. While you listen to rock, you can judge from the "Rock" point of view. And not when you listen to pop, you judge from the "Rock" point of view. People, grow up, seriously.
Andrew426
I generally dont worry about specific genres of music, because they all blend in together when you think about it.

For example, I was listening to Lamb of god today (which you would probably call metal) and noticed it sounds alot like certain types of electronic music, most notably german techo. Strange, but true.
soulman
Well, I think people have unique oponion of muisc, they surely have some genres they don't like much, since then, you cannot gain any positive opinion of these genres. Well, most of the people would return the answer like this: "I would say none to something I don't like."

So, it's really unfair to identify these people "Inappreciators".

For me, my favorite genres are many, from opera to Orchestral Metal, from Rap to Pop muisc, but I have to say, Those Death Metal makes me suffer. But I know most of these bands are awesame, especially the singer and the guitar player.

So, am I a kind of appreciator?
JinTenshi
soulman wrote:
Well, I think people have unique oponion of muisc, they surely have some genres they don't like much, since then, you cannot gain any positive opinion of these genres. Well, most of the people would return the answer like this: "I would say none to something I don't like."

So, it's really unfair to identify these people "Inappreciators".

For me, my favorite genres are many, from opera to Orchestral Metal, from Rap to Pop muisc, but I have to say, Those Death Metal makes me suffer. But I know most of these bands are awesame, especially the singer and the guitar player.

So, am I a kind of appreciator?

Yes you are. Why? Cause you said that "I know most of these bands are awesame, especially the singer and the guitar player". Inappreciators ( As you put it ) belongs generally to the group of people who would most probably say this kind of thing :

"Oh my god. Backstreet Boys are so gay, Daren Hayes is so sissy, Britney sings crap music. Quit listening to them they are lousy. Listen to Megadeth! Yea, listen to some real music man!"

That's what I generally mean. They think only their genre is music, they think only the genre they like has awesome singers. But no, different genre has different people who have nice voice / music. Acknowledge it. Those who don't acknowledge this, I really don't understand why you even bother.
soulman
JinTenshi wrote:

Yes you are. Why? Cause you said that "I know most of these bands are awesame, especially the singer and the guitar player". Inappreciators ( As you put it ) belongs generally to the group of people who would most probably say this kind of thing :

Oh, I think I get it, thanks~~ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
CtrlAltDeleteDie
I said "I Don't Know" Because I like most genres, but cannot stand "gangsta rap". It has no point at all. "I'm gonna shoot up, then I'm gonna cap some cops." (example). I cant stand it.
JinTenshi
You can't stand it, I can't stand it too. But I understand they rap well and perhaps those people who likes rap will love it. Wink
pedrothelion
My musical interest spans from great 70's classic rock, to some hip-hop, indie and pop music, some ska/reggae and some punk so I consider myself quite capable of enjoying and appreciating music from many different genres.

I'm not to into labelling music, and I don't usually frown upon a certain genre just for the hell of it. I had real trouble getting into hip-hop at the beginning since the commercial part of that particular genre has been done to death imho.. but listening to Dead Prez and Talib Kweli, well, I can get a kick out of that as well.. Cool

Good music has no colour, ethnicity or nationality. Laughing
JinTenshi
pedrothelion wrote:
Good music has no colour, ethnicity or nationality.

Well said and put out.
twisthigh
I would say so. I don't judge other people for liking a specific genre of music, and I listen to whatever is good, it's not about who's more popular and who's a better musician, I just know a good song when I hear one.