FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Politics Forum

DeFwh
I think this would be great so we can talk about all the political happenings, canidates for all kinds of elections, express our opinions, and also have some debates on common issues that face nations.
tidruG
Don't you think it'd get a bit messy with so many users from so many countries having so many politics and political ideologies to discuss?
DeFwh
Well I would think theres bound to be some mess but lets not overlook we have a religion and philosophy forum of which can have messes of their own considering that those beliefs constitute many peoples lifes.

This is why I mentioned debates and yes like all things it would require that the conversations are appropriate just like every other forum on Frihost. I also believe that Frihost advocates free speech so that any opinion may be heard.
mathiaus
Unlikely to happen but I would still be interested in this forum as well.
Maybe tag each topic with a country code? eg [UK] [USA] [FR] [GER] etc
tidruG
If you want to discuss political ideologies, you probably could just put it in the "Philosophy and Religion" forum, I suppose.
DeFwh
tidruG wrote:
If you want to discuss political ideologies, you probably could just put it in the "Philosophy and Religion" forum, I suppose.

Could it possibly become "Philosophy, Religion, and Politics" ?
tidruG
DeFwh wrote:
tidruG wrote:

Could it possibly become "Philosophy, Religion, and Politics" ?

Yes, it can, I suppose.
We'll wait till the other staff members also see this and give their input before doing anything though.
socialoutcast
A politics forum could be interesting if it were kept civil. Otherwise it could be messy as stated earlier.

A discussion of political ideologies might be more philosophical in nature, so maybe as a sticky in the philosophy and religion topic.

I think if a politics topic arises then, it should be noted to make it more focused to things like current political topics (i.e. foreign affairs, the president, blah blah blah...) So some ground rules might be in order, so let the ideas storm.

Also, politics could be discussed this lifestyles and news forum. Politics in general is just a broad topic in itself. But don't get me wrong here I know what was initially intended in this suggestion.

"To more fully understand the word sometimes it is best to break it down into it's principle components. 'Poly,' in latin means 'many', and 'Tics,' meaning 'blood sucking creatures.'"
Bondings
A politics forum might be a good idea and I'm not opposed to it. However we already have quite some forums, so it won't be for soon.
theem
I am not into politics so it doesn't matter t me if we have it or not !!
but i think we should make a poll about this ?? Arrow

Support Democracy !
ocalhoun
^ In case you haven't noticed, Frihost isn't exactly a democracy...
(As far as I know, Bondings wasn't elected by voters)

My 2.3 cents: I like the idea of the philosophy, religion, and politics forum.
It could be done that way, then split off during the redesign if there are enough topics to justify doing so.
Also, that solution would be good in that it is just a 2 minute change for any admin to do.