FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sticky or Announcement needed in Advertise your Website!

HDirtwater
Please, someone, put a sticky or announcement in the Advertise Your Website forum for people who are starting a new topic for their website to PLEASE PUT THE @#$! LINK IN THE TEXT OF THE POST AND NOT JUST IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD.

If you know how to make a website, you should know how to post a @$%! link within the text of a post. It's just annoying as all get out, and you webmaster folk will get more hits if you do it.

</rant>
wumingsden
It would be nice for users to post the URL in the post topic as well, i agree, but are they likely to actually read the sticky made?

If you all think they will then a sticky would be a good idea and i'll create it without hesitation. The hesitiation at the moment however is too great to just think 'I know, if i create a sticky users will post the urls in their threads too' because it may not be read by anyone yet still clutter the forum.
tidruG
I've made a reply in the original sticky in that forum. That should give that thread a shiny brown/orange image that there's a new reply in there, and hopefully that'll make people read that thread.