FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

www.vsfmt.com-My own little hobby website

venc
It stands for 'Vencs site for misc. things.' (which, yes I know, is a lame title, but It is only a hobby website.) and I am looking for feedback on its design and stuff.It is for my hobby of doing html,php,css, and image editing, which, I am still new at,so please go easy, but not too easy. Please tell me what you think, thanks.
benjad
ignoring the fact that it is just another empty forum, or as you say, "whatever"... I'll examine it on design motives.

The color scheme is Ok, the light blue heading on orange sections is too contrasting... maybe experiment with some different colors here.

some of the css/js tricks are neat, but too toyish, reversing text on mouseover, the ? cursor.

The date at the top of the screen is just overkill, serves no purpose.

The menu bar below the animating vsmft logo falls outside it's div... can provide screen shot if needed...

keep trying....
venc
benjad wrote:
ignoring the fact that it is just another empty forum, or as you say, "whatever"... I'll examine it on design motives.

The color scheme is Ok, the light blue heading on orange sections is too contrasting... maybe experiment with some different colors here.

some of the css/js tricks are neat, but too toyish, reversing text on mouseover, the ? cursor.

The date at the top of the screen is just overkill, serves no purpose.

The menu bar below the animating vsmft logo falls outside it's div... can provide screen shot if needed...

keep trying....

Okay, I fixed the menu bar, and I got rid of some of the css/js tricks that you said were too 'toyish' and instead of the blue, what color would you recommend? also, what should go where the date is? maybe a login form?
GB
I gotta say, that orange is bright. What I mean by that is if I'm going to a forum, usually you want people to spend time reading and replying in it. This could be a problem for you because the bright orange makes it hard to read without your eyes becoming tired.

The other thing I would do is make some sort of graphic for your banner. Maybe all that is for you is making some sort of design with letterforms. I don't know.

Hope this helps, good luck on starting your new forum.
venc
GB wrote:
I gotta say, that orange is bright. What I mean by that is if I'm going to a forum, usually you want people to spend time reading and replying in it. This could be a problem for you because the bright orange makes it hard to read without your eyes becoming tired.

The other thing I would do is make some sort of graphic for your banner. Maybe all that is for you is making some sort of design with letterforms. I don't know.

Hope this helps, good luck on starting your new forum.

Yeah, that helps, I will consider changing the color, and I am planning on making some sort of graphic for my banner.
venc
NEWS: added gradient to background of blocks. please tell me whether I should keep or get rid of the gradient, thanks!
wlb
Date: 2007年4月23日 10:01:22.
a little meaning,chinese.Powered By phpBB
I think you first need to become rich web content better life
meejoku
hi,

in 'web links', perhaps you should change the image of 'web links', because it has surrounded by 'white pixel'. not so good with orange background.

regards,
venc
NEWS: added css rollover effect to images.
venc
okay, so I made the site faster, and added some onto the blocks, and upgraded my php-nuke version, and added a sommaire menu, and then, finally, I added a journal to the 'your account' section of the website. whew, that was one long sentence, so, what do you guys (and girls) think? (if your wondering why I made a new post instead of editing my original one, it is so I can bump my topic...I mean, I have been waiting one month for somebody to reply, and I figure that is long enough to wait until I bump my topic. )
venc
okay, so I made a new design, with my own code this time, and now the site runs 2 times faster, so,what do you all think of this new design?