FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spanish linux

Patriot Players
I run a program where i bring used computers down to Guatemala for charity, and up til now I have been getting donations of Windows. However, windows is too resource intensive and its a lot of money to ask people to donate. Does anyone know of a good spanish version of windows?
Q5U8
Maybe you want to say that need a spanish version of Linux.

There are a lot of distros that are in spanish, do you google it? Wink

By example, in Softonic:

-http://www.softonic.com/linux/distribuciones-completas-919
Tex_Arcana
A lot of the standard Linux Distros do come packaged with muliple languages already. I know for sure that when you boot up Ubuntu you can request several languages already there. Spanish should be no problem since it's like the second or third most used language in the world.

In fact if those computers are a bit on the old side Xubuntu might be the right operating system for you since it uses the Xfce desktop which is very light on computer resources. Not to mention that all of the software on the Ubuntu repository is free of charge.

Also if you don't nessasarily feel like downloading once and burning a bunch of copies (this is totally legal to do) they might even send you all the copies you need for free.

By the way I tried to check on all that for you but I think that with the imminent release of Fiesty Fawn they are changing the site over from Edgy to Fiesty now.
qscomputing
This is one of the many advantages of Linux (and other open-source software as well for that matter) - you do not need to get seperate versions for different languages. Most distros will allow you to select a language at the beginning of the install process. You may find your language doesn't have a complete translation, but Spanish probably won't have that issue for most software. HTH.