FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Who songs

Loghete
So well, I kinda like The Who but I don't know what songs to get..
Got any tips?

I've got:

Teenage Wasteland
Won't Get Fooled Again
Behind Blue Eyes
I Don't Even Know Myself
Substitute
My Generation
Pinball Wizards
Who Are You

And all are good Smile
Esperanto
Loghete wrote:

Teenage Wasteland
Pinball Wizards

You mean Baba O'Riley and Pinball Wizard right?

Anyways, I would recommend the albums Quadrophenia and Who's Next. The Who works better as complete albums rather than individual songs - they created the "rock opera," after all.
silverdown
The only song i like by "THE WHO" is Who Are You only because it is the theme song to CSI Very Happy
bluezone
Ummm are you talking bout the Song Who let the Dogs Out\? confused my dear Exclamation
Loghete
bluezone wrote:
Ummm are you talking bout the Song Who let the Dogs Out\? confused my dear Exclamation

Lol man!

I'm talking about The Who!

Anyway, I tried Quadrophenia... and I didn't like it too much. I find the songs a little boring.

My favourite song right now is Eminence Front.
pedrothelion
My mom's got a bunch of the old LP's, unfortunately our player's been broken for some time now :/

As mentioned Quadrophenia is a definite must-hear, try going in without any distractions or expectations, it'll be great..

There's also Tommy, which is an awesome story-album as well. Check out the movie Almost Famous with Billy Crudup if you want more tips on 60-70's great rock bands and the scene, it's a great movie!
Magicman
I just looked through my playlist that all the songs I have by the Who are on your list. I agree that all of them are great. I'm also interested in what suggestions for songs by the Who I should listen to.
achene
The who is a great band.

You have some really good songs on your list, and to be honest i don't really know that many The Who songs.

- Achene
IronWolf87
Magic Bus! I really dont know them that well, but magic bus is pretty good. Dont let the name fool you!
rekluzz
I watched the Adam Sandler movie "Reign over me" which featured The Who music in the soundtrack.
I have an old beat up cassette tape of Quadrophenia that I still pop in my tape player when I need a fix. Cool