FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Accounting Software

infobankr
Is anyone here interested in open source accounting / bookkeeping software? I'm working on a LAMP bookkeeping system, and was wondering if anyone would like to help in development or testing.

Thanks!
assee
ye i would like to .. am not realy a programer but i want to help in testing ;l)

but do u know any budget software who help you to keep tract and built a monthly budget plan?

please tell me if there's any ...
Q5U8
If you need some help to translate to spanish once you have completed your project, count with my help.

My best wishes. Very Happy
jvpromos
Will it be desk Top accounting or web enabled.?

What is the fornt end & backend database?

Please tell me more abt LAMP and why are you selected LAMP?

Schanie Ken
kennylamfk
Yes, I am interested in your accounting system, is it free of charge?
My company commenced a new branch in US, but there is no any accounting system, so I am now just using MS Excel for bookkeeping...
infobankr
Wow thanks for all your responses everyone! Here's some quick info:

* Open source, not sure of which license yet, but something liberal and flexible. I was hoping that the GPL3 would close the ASP loophole, but it didn't and I might look to Creative Commons instead.

* It is web based, uses PHP, MySQL and XSLT to run.

* I could use some help translating, and the i18n is going to be in XML format, so it will be easy to do the work.

* Testing is going to be really important, so your help in that arena will be very helpful.

* You can see a basic demo here: http://www.demo.pbooks.org/

* It will be released via Google Code, and once there I'll post a link.

As far as desktops budgeting programs, I've heard GnuCash is pretty good.
Q5U8
infobankr, I sent the translation, if you have more doubts, count with me. Very Happy
infobankr
Thanks Q5U8 much appreciated!
infobankr
I've just posted a preliminary live demo of the software if anyone wants to check it out:

PBooks Accounting and Bookkeeping System Live Demo

You can login with the username and password: demo, demo

I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
infobankr
After the first day of a public live demo, I ran into some problems... mostly database related: PDO and foreign keys. Sad

But... we fixed everything, tested it again, and its working smoothly now. Let me know if you have any issues. Thanks for checking it out!
infobankr
Bump... I'm preparing to release this software as AGPL in the coming days / weeks:

http://www.affero.org/oagpl.html

The aGPL is almost exactly like the GPL v2.x but it tries to fit better with the paradigm of the web.

I would appreciate it if someone who is familiar with PHP, PEAR, MySQL, XML and XSL volunteer to try and install it once its released. Any volunteers?

Smile