FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

temporary internet files... problem

internetjobs
i am using p4 system. and i installed windows xp professional.. just now i found that my "c" partition showing low disk space.. i examine all folders.. but my temporary internet files showing more than 2 gb. when i open the folder there is no files. i checkd for hidden files.. there is no such folder and files.. but when i saw properties it shows lot of files and folder and more than 2 gb. is any way to delete that?
mystzero
Try deleting through the command line.

1. Start --> Run and type in cmd. Click OK.
  2. At the command prompt, type in del /s /q /a "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\*.*"
  3. Press <Enter>.
orcaz
Mebbe u can try deleting it through Disk Cleanup. Write click ur C drive, and click on properties, then do a disk cleanup...
yjwong
Windows hides the folder because it is a special folder and should not be touched by "normal users". Maybe you can try typing the following at the address bar:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\desktop.ini

And a Notepad window will open. Empty the contents of the file, and save. Now try to go to the Temporary Internet Files folder again, then you will see the files. Now there's another thing to do. Type the following at the address bar:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\desktop.ini

And empty that file too. So now you can try going into Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5. You can delete the folders with random names.
Q5U8
If you are using a download manager or p2p software, they always use a temporary space to save the files, if is your case, configure them to use another partition or hard drive that has more room to save the files. Very Happy
internetjobs
i maked hiden file viewable from folder option. then also there is no files shown ..by the windows...

then i did it .. i loged as another user. and maked it as viewable and i deleted. it is success ful..it is a virus problem