FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost Fun Club

ctrlTR
I see that there are so members of frihost in the world from every country. Some members want make somethings by coming together as frihost members in real life in their own country.Such as i live in Turkey and i think that there is no reason not to come together with frihost members in Turkey.
I curious about that did you attempt to form it so far or is it possible for you,just think about your country.This job might not be called fun club but it might be thought as a little fun club organization Wink Such as the people in germany want meet with other members in their own city and drink somethings.If you curious about that what frihost will make about this Rolling Eyes I didn't think deeply but i can shortly say that like these organizations might be announced in frihost related language forums.
Animal
Encouraging users of a relatively anonymous internet forum to meet each other in person is generally a bad idea. Many Frihost users are quite young (around 14 years old), so this is a doubly-bad idea.
ctrlTR
Is the problem just age for you ? well, the determined age groups might come together to meet ,especially the young people who are between 14-17 age. And if the people come together in known places , there will be no threat for them.

Animal wrote:
Encouraging users of a relatively anonymous internet forum to meet each other in person is generally a bad idea. Many Frihost users are quite young (around 14 years old), so this is a doubly-bad idea.
Animal
ctrlTR wrote:
Is the problem just age for you ? well, the determined age groups might come together to meet ,especially the young people who are between 14-17 age. And if the people come together in known places , there will be no threat for them.

The problem isn't solely limited to age... generally, it's a bad idea to meet people in person that you originally met via the internet. The problem is that people could say anything about themselves.

Case and point: Someone may say that they are 15 and would like to meet up with another Frihoster of the same age group. The person may actually be a 40 year old man with suspicious intentions.

Someone may also claim that they are 45 and wish to meet up with other, similarly aged users. Another member may find themselves meeting with a large group of hostile 15 or 16 year olds.

You're also (presumably) talking about making the discussions about meetings public (ie. so that everyone can see the messages and meet up). This is then available to everyone on the internet... as I'm sure you know, there are some strange and disturbed people out there, and they may use the information about a small group of users meeting up to cause unknown trouble.

People meeting in large, open and public places may reduce the risk of something untoward happening slightly, but it's generally accepted that you shouldn't meet up with people you know via the internet unless you've been in touch with them for a long time and you're very sure they are who they say they are. Users meeting "en-masse" is not a good plan, and it's not a practice that the Frihost team would back, so this will certainly not be made an "official" thread on Frihost.

IMO, this is a very bad idea that puts people's safety at great risk. I would not recommend that anyone get involved in this kind of physical meeting based on forum usership.
reddishblue
I agree completely with Animal, if you absolutely must, and I strongly recommend against it, meet people from Frihost, then do it yourself and keep us out of it, but you really shouldn't do it if you know whats good for you.
ctrlTR
Authorized members of frihost might realize like that organizations.. anyway
this is just idea.Owner of frihost may interest it for his country.Why not ? Cool
reddishblue
ctrlTR wrote:
Authorized members of frihost might realize like that organizations.. anyway
this is just idea.Owner of frihost may interest it for his country.Why not ? Cool

Unless he wants to allow the possibility of a lawsuit then this will never...ever...ever....happen.
ctrlTR
I agree now with you ,it was really bad idea , even double-bad idea like Animal told me . I think a new project which can be used in real life without any risk for frihost members . for example frihost T-shirts like below

How is it ? Smile

DeFwh
Hey good idea thats a prety good idea man.
saratdear
ctrlTR wrote:
I agree now with you ,it was really bad idea , even double-bad idea like Animal told me . I think a new project which can be used in real life without any risk for frihost members . for example frihost T-shirts like below

How is it ? Smile

Spreadfrihost.com? Smile

Basically, I think that is a nice idea. Firefox got spread far and wide with the effort of the members of spreadfirefox.com, so I don't see why we couldn't open a spreadfrihost.com with t-shirts and stuff.

Highly impractical, maybe. Crying or Very sad
Droop
ctrlTR wrote:
I see that there are so members of frihost in the world from every country. Some members want make somethings by coming together as frihost members in real life in their own country.Such as i live in Turkey and i think that there is no reason not to come together with frihost members in Turkey.
I curious about that did you attempt to form it so far or is it possible for you,just think about your country.This job might not be called fun club but it might be thought as a little fun club organization Wink Such as the people in germany want meet with other members in their own city and drink somethings.If you curious about that what frihost will make about this Rolling Eyes I didn't think deeply but i can shortly say that like these organizations might be announced in frihost related language forums.

Hah ur crazy, but i'm down to meet up with some of you all!!! Count me in - Happy posting!!!