FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How can I do this?

Diablosblizz
Hey, I got two computers in my house, one upstairs, and own down stairs. I run a site, and I wanted to be able to transfer files over the internet by using FOPEN (I know it sounds dumb, but I want to see if it works).

The problem is, I want to have the downstairs computer go to the internet, go to the webpage, and then use FOPEN to open and edit the file (edit using a textbox). The problem I think is that the computer does not have any sort of web host, its a small 733 mhz, 256 mb of ram running WinXP Pro :S. I do not think it can handle much more then what it is actually running.

So, I need for this computer to FOPEN a .txt file on that computer (upstairs), and write stuff into it, without the use of a webhost.

Is this possible? Thanks!
chris20
You could just install the IIS webserver that comes with WinXP on the computer and configure that to use php. You just need the winxp installation disc and it is on there, good installing iis for additional info on that. Other than that, you could try and use pstools(also google it) and use the program called psexec to open a remote dos prompt with the computer downstairs and then run php remotely through that.

Hopefully that helps, not sure if it did or not.
Diablosblizz
Quote:
IIS webserver

I got the WinXP Pro CD Key. Where can I enable this?

Thanks.