FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Virginia Tech, We are with you.

spider
I just wanted to state that My family would like to send our condolenses (please forgive the spelling) to everyone at Virginia Tech who was affected by the recent shootings. Our Hearts and Prayers are with you during this time of need,,, I do not know if anyone at frihost goes to this school, or know someone that goes to this school, but my wife is in college at kent branch in new philadelphia, ohio, and we are all thinking of you...

I dont know if this is ok to post here, but had to say something...
Q5U8
Our condolescences to the families. Crying or Very sad
Captain Fertile
Yes, well said! I am in the UK but my thoughts and prayers go to all involved in the tragedy. It is times like this when we should all stop and count our blessings.
photon
Real sad incidences like this keep happening in the US! Hope something is done so that innocent lives aren't in danger. My condolence to the families, and friends!
sodredge
There are no words I can offer those families. I can only pray and offer faith for a brighter tomorrow. - X
divinitywolf
things like this make you realise the madness in some people. i wonder what possesses them to do something like this. Wheres the benefit to yourself to go shooting and killing people and then shooting yourself.
unknownc1c
A girl in my grade lost her sister in that tragedy. I have to say, some people aren't very considerate in my school. Reporters have been talking to friends of hers in our school and today as I was walking out of school some kids were asking if they could be interviewed. The reporter told him no, and he started walking away laughing, saying that he was friends of hers, just trying to use a lie like that to be on tv. People sometimes really bother me.

Anyways, I'm sorry to for all the families that lost someone or were affected by this in some way. I hope in time things will get better for all of them.
TheGustav
The families affected get my best wishes as well...

It's just a shame nobody noticed that the guy had some problems, to stop it before it escalated to him cracking and something like this happening.
darrenpaul
Sincere condolences to all involved, its a terrible thing to have happened.
Blaster
I feel really bad for all the people who where affected by this. I dont' know what kind of person could do that. Thats the worst school shooting ever to take place in the United States. I've had family that attended Virgina Tech and know that its not a bad school. But i guess bad things like this happen. Its really ashame i know. But there really is know way of preventing it. Yes i agree that messures should have been taken that wort. For example the school should have been closed after the first shooting occured.
Soulfire
It's definately shock and tragedy. The real kicker is that it appears unmotivated, even if it was domestic problems one should not take it out on 30 some other people.

Thoughts and prayers with you, all of the affected and Virgina Tech.
kiranaghor
Sad Sad I pray for those families. May GOD take care of them well.
Azmo
affects us in Sweden aswell.. so horrible.. may God be with them all the time now.. and may the spirits guide those who are no longer with us so they will find a safe and calm spot in heaven.
DeFwh
May they rest in piece and no further blood be shed.
truespeed
There have been 19 such incidents in the past ten years in the USA,yet still they refuse to give up their right to bear arms,dont they get that no guns = no killings,of course even if guns were illegal ppl who were persistent enough and knew the right people would be able to get hold of one,but the less guns there are in circulation the less chance there is of things like what happened in virginia happening again.
reddishblue
truespeed wrote:
There have been 19 such incidents in the past ten years in the USA,yet still they refuse to give up their right to bear arms,dont they get that no guns = no killings,of course even if guns were illegal ppl who were persistent enough and knew the right people would be able to get hold of one,but the less guns there are in circulation the less chance there is of things like what happened in virginia happening again.

Unfortunately so many Americans already own guns that it would be near impossible to restrict them, my condolences to all families involved in this tragic event, there are some real sickos out there Sad
JC Denton
reddishblue wrote:
truespeed wrote:

Unfortunately so many Americans already own guns that it would be near impossible to restrict them, my condolences to all families involved in this tragic event, there are some real sickos out there Sad
Yet you have to start somewhere. The guns will not maybe be gone i a year, but if no one takes the first step, the guns will never disappear. I guess the politicians is to scared to lose voters if they would suggest a new law though.
codelyokogirl
My mom made a little flag and put it on our mail box everyone here cant stop talking about i hope the people that got hurt and lived don't die someone should have got that kid some help when they had the chance to but too late now
Vedder6
I know. this is very sad. Its bad enough that kids feel the need to harm others when they are depressed or angry. Its also sad that out of life and planet earth has to offer he focused on pain and hate.
kida
I read about that, my condolences to all Sad
I remember reading about two students who were suspected of the murders but it went so far that they started to get threats, hate messages etc. One of them was also put on to wikipedia as the 'Virginia Tech Murderer' but was removed an hour later. Now THAT must have been a little scary and traumatising for the two, to be suspected of such a thing.
Pilot
I would like to add my condolences to the families and friends, as well as the staff of the school, fellow students and officials involved.

While the world (or at least the media_ has become obsessed with pointing a finger to the cause of this tragedy, the fact of the matter is, we're no closer to understanding this type of slaughter anymore than we were after Columbine or any others.

Sometimes people become mentally ill, unfortunately we live in a world with technology that makes it very easy for such madness to be converted to massacre.
nilsmo
Stuff happens. My condolences to any people affected.
HollyChris
TheGustav wrote:
The families affected get my best wishes as well...

It's just a shame nobody noticed that the guy had some problems, to stop it before it escalated to him cracking and something like this happening.

Actully some of his teachers reported him, and they were told that there was nothing the college could do. Basicly when you are in college you are an adult. They have the same rights of freadom of speach as the rest of us. I don't think anyone would have guessed something like this would happen at a college.

This is a real tradagy for our country. But outlawing guns wouldn't have prevented this from happening. He would have found a way to get the weapons, just like every other criminal in this country gets illegal weapons.

My prayers are with all of those in the area. I lived in Northern Virgina for 4 years while in the Marine Corps. I still have some friends in the area.
achowles
I'm still trying to get my head around how something like that could happen... certainly on the scale that it did. It doesn't make sense to me. But then things like this can never really make sense.

My thoughts are with those who have been affected by this.
hack_man_
I send my condolences to the families, at least that weirdo is dead now.

The guy had been admitted into two mental institutions and he escaped both of them and was still allowed to return to Virginia Tech. "Clerical Error"

Why do they sell guns openly in the US? The gun laws in Virginia are so lax. Why didn't they check up on things like mental problems before giving him his license and selling him the guns? Why can't everybody just disarm themselves?
ctrlTR
Everything would be different today in Virginia.The people are being cried, it cannot easily be forgotten. I have no much word to say about this massacre.All condolences to the U.S. with my kind feelings.
Aless
My parents used to live very near the VT campus, so this is a little scary. I don't know anyone personally that goes to Virginia Tech, but this event is both sad and scary. Even though I know it's near impossible, I hope something like this will never happen again...society has too much evil.
ninjakannon
On first hearing the news of the murders here one might be quite shocked. Well, one might. But was I? No, I was not shocked at all; I did - I must admit - feel a little horror at the thought, though. Later I thought about it and tried my best to imagine what the students must have gone through while being fired at. Only after doing this did I really feel anything; of course I offer my condolences to the families and I feel for them (despite my lack of knowledge of how it feels to lose a loved one).

Why was I not initially shocked? Because I hear about murder every day, I even see dead people on the news. Once news like this would have had a massive impact, but with the current level of media exposure that exists it's hard to be shocked when one hears about such an event. After all, you hear about far worse things happening in Iraq every day, but that's so regular now that I don't even give the news a second thought.

I don't know whether this is a bad thing or not. I hate the way society is scared of death (or being in anyway linkable with it - for example someone dying at the place of work you are manager of (extending this: if you are a builder and die at work then there is no need to sue or take any legal action for the death, these things happen - it is no one's fault)), yet it is interesting to see how many people don't even react anymore to news of murder.

Again, my deepest, heartfelt condolences go out to the families of those involved.
odinstag
I feel for the families of the victims and encourage them to re-evaluate their laws on disarming lawful citizens.

A similar attempt to shoot fellow students was made some years ago and was stopped dead because students had guns to defend themselves with.

Death on one's knees is the worse way to go. I feel so bad for them.
alexdude
That was just terrible what happened. Hopefully never happens again.
ocalhoun
No particular offense intended for the victims, but:
I for one would like to voice my support for the shooter.
If more people would do things like that, overpopulation would be less of a problem.

Also, although the media calls it a 'senseless act of violence', I'm sure the shooter had a good reason (Or at least one that seemed good). That reason probably had a lot to do with the actions of some of the very same people who were killed there.
ninjakannon
ocalhoun wrote:
No particular offense intended for the victims, but

None should be taken, if any of the victims parents, friends or indeed anyone at all feels offended by what you say they probably should have been the ones who got shot (I don't mean that literally, I'm exaggerating - but you get my point).

ocalhoun wrote:
Also, although the media calls it a 'senseless act of violence', I'm sure the shooter had a good reason (Or at least one that seemed good). That reason probably had a lot to do with the actions of some of the very same people who were killed there.

We so often forget to think about the people who commit these 'atrocities', and almost no one has any empathy for them.

According the media the Cho Seung-hui, the shooter, was a "deeply disturbed young man". Yes, he killed people but that doesn't mean he's a bad person, nor does it mean that he is evil. As ocalhoun points out Seung-hui probably had good reason to kill the people, or at least he believed that it was (although his suicide is perhaps suggestive of knowledgeable wrong, or maybe he knew that he would be punished and have no life from then on, but still believe that what he was doing was right. We'll never truly know, so I'll stop psychoanalysing).

We should feel and empathise with people like Seung-hui and try to help them (if they are not content) to have more normal, happy lives.

ocalhoun wrote:
If more people would do things like that, overpopulation would be less of a problem.

I'm afraid that's not even nearly true. Okay, suppose 30 people were killed a day solely in America from shootings such as this. That's 10,950 people every year that would die. You might say something like "wow that's a whole town of people, this really would help overcrowding". But think about it, if events like this started to occur on such a regular basis something drastic would be done to put an end to (or just to severely decrease) the killings. So it would never reach such dramatic proportions.
seanooi
my school had this thing going. They placed a big piece of cloth in the main places and have students sign them as a show of condelences.
the1991
i rarely cry about events in the news. i cried about this when i heard what happened. my heart goes out to all the families and friends who lost someone in that tragedy.
prole
ocalhoun wrote:
No particular offense intended for the victims, but:
I for one would like to voice my support for the shooter.

Wow... what a reason...

Anyway, I feel the same for him. Only his desperation was led the wrong way. He's not to be blamed as much as the whole American society is. When will be the time they really learn a lesson...

Just think about his final words...
skygaia
When I was told the tragedy at Virginia Tech, I was so shocked.
I could not say anything. I just pray for the victims and their families.
justnewbie
May peace always be with them.