FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

USDA MyPyramid

raaeft1
The latest USDA My Pyramid is much better than the previous versions of the food pyramid. The latest avatar is more personalized and in my opinion offers better and practical advised based on your goal---whether to reduce weight or maintain current weight.
However, as an Indian, the only drawback is that the tracker does not include Indian food. But overall, I give it full marks.
nilsmo
I looked at some of the pdfs on http://www.mypyramid.gov and they seem quite good. The focus on exercise is important.
tribe
I don't follow any chart or anything. I eat and drink as much as I want; and use my high metabolism via exercising to maintain my current weight. I'm not going to listen to a Pyramid telling me how many of this or that I need. I use the eat as much as you want diet, and exercise it off.

Worked for me for over 20 years!
hofodomo01
calories in = calories out, right?

but sao much grains....
nilsmo
tribe wrote:
Worked for me for over 20 years!

It doesn't work for many Americans, though. In the process of eating and drinking "as much as [they] want" the go to McD's and stuff and don't exercise.
Davidgr1200
I've always found that it's usually the people on diets who are overweight. Perhaps the simplest answer is to not go on a diet!
Seriously though, I don't think diets are a very good idea as they are on too short a timescale. If you want to lose weight permanently then decrease your calorie intake...permanently. It doesn't have to be by much. It's also a good idea to increase your calorie expenditure..permanently. Cut out one car ride a week and walk instead. You'll also feel better (and probably sleep better). This "diet" doesn't have a name, it's usually called "common sense". But it's difficult to make money out of so isn't very popular with people who write books about diets.
icedrakon
We have to seperate what we call body balanced and what we call health.
There two diferent things becouse you can have a balanced body but not healty.The usda is for a healthy body. That is more important than controling how many kg you are