FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Max payne the movie

Jeff_vella_leone
You heared that Max Payne the movie is coming out
i really cant wait
im a very big fan of max payne
The story is awsome and the games experience is ammasing
a movie with that story would surly rock
http://www.maxpaynehero.com/index02.html check out this link guys
ammasing
gtherockgod
I can't get your link to work, but I did find this.

Quote:
[edit] Max Payne: The Movie
It has been confirmed through The Hollywood Reporter that 20th Century Fox has bought the rights to bring the game to film. The Max Payne movie was originally slated for release in April 2007, but production has been delayed. It is unknown when filming will begin on the movie adaptation and when it will subsequently be released. The writing credits currently include Sam Lake (the writer and actor for the original Max Payne series) and Shawn Ryan, whose credits include writing for The Shield and The Unit.

So I guess IF this movie ever gets released, I'll be going to see it because I was a big fan of the games. Max Payne 3 anyone?
djcaution
SWEEET! The game was super cool, I hope they have plenty of bullet-time in the movie!
Jeff_vella_leone
gtherockgod wrote:

Quote:
It has been confirmed through The Hollywood Reporter that 20th Century Fox has bought the rights to bring the game to film. The Max Payne movie was originally slated for release in April 2007, but production has been delayed. It is unknown when filming will begin on the movie adaptation and when it will subsequently be released. The writing credits currently include Sam Lake (the writer and actor for the original Max Payne series) and Shawn Ryan, whose credits include writing for The Shield and The Unit.

So I guess IF this movie ever gets released, I'll be going to see it because I was a big fan of the games. Max Payne 3 anyone?

yep i bet u found that info from ING

well i found an other link that surly works: http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2005/06/max_payne_movie.html

well this movie will surly rock because it has potential and a very good storyline, the story is what i like in a game and max payne story is ammasing not conting that its a true story at least max payne 1
hope it comes out soon
lethaltriad
A movie that followed close to the type of storyline would be cool. One of my favourite games even though you can finish them usually in a couple hours its still addicting. Also looking forward to Max Payne 3!!
mattchun
I like Max Payne 1, but after that the game is boring.
Dean_The_Great
That would be an incredibly sweet movie. The gameplay of both Max Payne games would lend themselves beautifully to film, provided that the filmmaker could incorporate the film-noir-comic aspect of the game.

Who's directing I wonder? That would really affect the outcome of the movie's awesomeness.
Scaramanga
gtherockgod wrote:

Quote:

Is there a Max Payne 3 game scheduled for release? Because if not, I think this franchise is a bit too old to get a good box office take.

Also, Max Payne borrowed the bullet time effect from film, what would happen when you translate this back into film? Won't it just be a brainless version of The Matrix?
Indyan
Rights for MP3 was sold to take 2 soon after release of MP2. But since then there has been no news on it. Remedy wont make any more MP games. They are currently working on Alan Wake.
MP3 doesnt look very likely at the moment.

I wouldnt get my hopes very high. MP was a very good game series, but we have seen good movies being made into bad games and good games being made into disgusting movies heck of a lot of times before.
bigbadjohn
The storyline of this game always reminded me of some bad Steven Seagal movie so it doesnt fill me with great enthusiasm.

Now one game i'd love to see made into a movie is Half Life 2, plenty of scope there to make a great movie, anyone else got a game they would like to be seen made into a movie?
tingkagol
i think a max payne movie would suck.
tkGER
I would LOVE a max payne movie!!! hope they keep the comic-style the game had, like someone said... it's "makeable", after all; Sin City anyone?
the story in max payne is great and a good scriptwriter could make a very interesting film out of it and combined with a good director... not hard to get what i mean

keep praying for it erveryobdy, hehe
Jeff_vella_leone
bigbadjohn wrote:
The storyline of this game always reminded me of some bad Steven Seagal movie so it doesnt fill me with great enthusiasm.

Now one game i'd love to see made into a movie is Half Life 2, plenty of scope there to make a great movie, anyone else got a game they would like to be seen made into a movie?

well steven segal movies aint all bad
allthough sometimes he makes it that he is too strong

though max payne is different the strong feeling of loosing ur wife and kid in ur own house the depression would make an excelent drama for the movie if its interpreted correctly this movie will rock
blk3
I just wonder who will be the title role. I just cant thiunk of anyone to fill up Max Payne's shoes.
Jeff_vella_leone
blk3 wrote:
I just wonder who will be the title role. I just cant think of anyone to fill up Max Payne's shoes.

well i think that the perfect person to fit this role would be Mel Gibson
he even looks like max payne
not only that he can act really well the desparate part in my openion
he is used to act those parts lol
schmidi
I'm really excitited for the "Slowmotion-effect"... Laughing
panic15
No I'm dreadinfg the Max Payne FILMS. The first film wil be good(like the game) however, the second one will be dreadful (again like the game). So who ever is making it PLEASE only do one movie.
Jeff_vella_leone
panic15 wrote:
No I'm dreadinfg the Max Payne FILMS. The first film wil be good(like the game) however, the second one will be dreadful (again like the game). So who ever is making it PLEASE only do one movie.

well max payne 2 rocked for me
1 seemed to be annoying sometimes but max payne 2 rocked with the mods
allthough the first one was a true story i doubt the second one was yet the secondone wasnt bad at all for me
if i had to start playen max payne again il choose to play the second one
MrBlueSky
panic15 wrote:

I liked MP2 at least as much as part 1. They're both great games. Well, at least in my opinion. Half film-noir, half game. Reminds me of Still Life which has a totally different gameplay but the same emphasis on story, characters and an excellent dark depressing mood.
soldeinvierno
schmidi wrote:
I'm really excitited for the "Slowmotion-effect"... Laughing

Yeah!! The videogame has a lot of visual appeal to make a good movie. If they manage to get a good plot that'd be awesome!

I tried to look up the movie on IMDB but it's only available for pro accounts. Eventually it'll become public. Here is the link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0467197/
Jeff_vella_leone
yea the movie will rock for sure
thanks for the link m8
cant wait to see who will play the part of max payne
i wish it was mel gibson
it really suits him
cropwell
i really look forward to seeing the movie,the game was really cool,i enjoyed playing it, yeah i do play video games though i played it on my pc it was still cool.
i know i'll love seeing the movie.
srujanlive
The movie is being made by an independent company.Called Payne andRedemption, the trailer has been released on the web. Wanna watch it, but I expected a big hollywood action movie on this one. ANy way being independent hope they get at least the story right.
Guelila
THis is going to be awesome!
being a fan of the game, it surely is exciting to hear that a movie is coming out based on the game!

kinda off-topic, but I loved Avant Children! (which was also based on FFVII)
djcaution
I think the only way it would be good is if the same people that made sin city made this movie, and they made it like a comicbook movie the same way they did with sin city. That would be worth a watch for sure
wabik90
The game was awesome(dark atmosphere in game was great) and I think the film can be awesome too(it should based on game).
Jeff_vella_leone
srujanlive wrote:
The movie is being made by an independent company.Called Payne andRedemption, the trailer has been released on the web. Wanna watch it, but I expected a big hollywood action movie on this one. ANy way being independent hope they get at least the story right.

well i agree with you an independent company cant handle a movie like this
this movie deserves the money to be spent on
max payne story is ammasing so even if the movie aint well funded its still going to hit
but i wish it has the fame it deserves
after a few reading at this site:
http://www.payneandredemption.com/blog/
i think without bullet time the movie is going to be worse
i agree that the sentimental triller part of max payne is a good point to base the movie but its best to include everything even some good action to show the heroic act of max payne
this guy challanged the mafia and the russian mafia at the same time
for what they have done to his family
its best to show that he is a good god dam shooter
and at the same time that he hates himself for beeing so good because at the time he still thought he was the reason for his wife and daugter's death

it has a good story its just needs to be made in a movie even the most noob company can make a success with this strory
but i would prefair if it makes a hit like best movie of the year too
thats y i dont like that a private company does it because usually private companies aint got the funds to make it rock that much and finishes to ****** it up
missdixy
My brother was a huge fan of the game. I'd watch him play it all the time. I just told him there will be a movie and he got all excited lol .Started cursing and googling and whatnot.
Jeff_vella_leone
missdixy wrote:
My brother was a huge fan of the game. I'd watch him play it all the time. I just told him there will be a movie and he got all excited lol .Started cursing and googling and whatnot.

hi missdixy if thats you in the pic your nice lol
well yea i understand him i did the same when i heared about it
maypayne has a really good story and what most important its a story that happened for real
infact they made the game based on a true story of a cop
not counting that its an ammasing game