FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SKATEBOARDING

agustin
SKATEBOARDING
Pilot
I love skateboarding.

Being an "old man" (25) I don't do it much anymore, but I encourage the kids in the neighborhood to skate in front of my house. Give the hooligans some respect and they'll leave you alone.
secondeye
Aah what you made me Remember By writing SkaeBoard . I love to Board guys But In Pakistan We Can't skate Because Of Having No such grounds Well Its my wish To ride On, I thinks Its really A nice Hobby To Ride In and Get on. ZOOom Wink
sopetite
I'm a skater but on Rollerblades. But recently I've developed a phobia against skateboarders because I was able to see the hardcore world of hardcore skateboarders, and man, do they have no respect for no one. Well, most skateboarders.
KD8CPP
I too am a rollerblader. I started it when I had to loose weight, (down to 203 from 280lbs!) and I have loved it ever since. I go out and rollerblade five to ten miles every night, and then go home, relax, and go jog. I do have to stay fit for phyiscal fitness tests for Civil Air Patrol, and this is one thing that helps a ton.
melissareich
I had this "fascination" for the skateboarder Ryan Sheckler when I was younger Wink. I don't skateboard but I have tried before. My brother took up the hobby. He's pretty good too. Anyway, I just wear the skateboard brands Very Happy
brucedes
I skateboarded a bit a few years ago. I broke my damn nose when I fell off onto the ramp.

For some bizarre reason, I've been a bit wary of it since then Wink
pampoon
I used to skateboard, too. I had a Girl and an Enjoi in the one year that I tried skateboarding. I got pretty good too. I used to love to go on vacation to places like Miami and Los Angelos and just skate all over.

But eventually I got tired of the sport and the annoying skaters who thought way too highly of themselves. So I quit. I still wear the skater brands though.

God bless,
Pampoon
hlavco
I've never skated, but I thought about it. Still kinda want to learn.

Eh, for now it's Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for me.
DjinniFire
Ahh I love skateboarding! But I don't like competitions or anything, usually just skateboard around the neighborhood and my friend has some nice rails leading up to his house that we usually grind on. But alas, my parents took away my skateboard a year ago and won't let me skateboard anymore because they think it's dangerous o.0 how weird. So now I play tennis as my hobby!
macxthegamer
KD8CPP wrote:
I too am a rollerblader. I started it when I had to loose weight, (down to 203 from 280lbs!) and I have loved it ever since. I go out and rollerblade five to ten miles every night, and then go home, relax, and go jog. I do have to stay fit for phyiscal fitness tests for Civil Air Patrol, and this is one thing that helps a ton.

id probably rollerblade more, but I only got a coulpe of cheap $5 blades Very Happy
miacps
Its amazing what a one word thread can start! Wink

Skatin' is pretty darn fun.

sopetite wrote:
I'm a skater but on Rollerblades. But recently I've developed a phobia against skateboarders because I was able to see the hardcore world of hardcore skateboarders, and man, do they have no respect for no one. Well, most skateboarders.

They're probably just hatin' on you for rollerblading. You know, its cool to hate frootbooters and all. Razz

Man, I need to hit up a park one of these days. Use to have a great rail but someone stole it from the side of my friend's house. Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
But alas, my parents took away my skateboard a year ago and won't let me skateboard anymore

Whoa, that sucks! Its not even that dangerous.. you're more likely to get injured in a football game. Confused

Guess people that don't know any better see it and think the outcome of each push will lead to getting hit by a car or diving into the concrete..
hiquality
Skateboarding is sooo fun!!( and also pretty dangerous ). I never had a serious fall ... but once a guy rammed into me and he broke my arm Crying or Very sad
Anyway i didnt wear any protection:(
miacps
Just a few days ago I got my first fracture.. Crying or Very sad

It was such bad luck. I was trying to manuel this long sloped walkway(which I've done many times before) and on one attempt went to put my front trucks down cause I wasn't going to make it and *BAM*!!

Ended up hitting a rock and got pitched forward hard. Tried to roll out but landed on top my right arm.

I was stunned and couldn't move for a good 2 minutes.

It took me until later that night to realize there was something seriously wrong with my arm so I went to the hospital thinking it was broken.

Thankfully it was only a "hairline fracture" in the elbow's "radial head" or something. Now I have to wear a sling for a few weeks and the doc ssaid it should heal in 6 weeks but I have to go to therapy after the 2 week period because the elbow can freeze up after not being used enough.

All things considered, I really lucked out. No break or cast! It just aches a lot.
djcaution
skating is SOOOO much harder than it looks I do not know how in the world people do the crazy stuff they do on them... it must take an insane amount of honing your skills & dedication.
xXWhiteShadowXx
Yea Skateboarding is much harder than it looks. It takes a lot of hard work. (And somewhat around 130 dollars.) But yea, it takes a lot of time and most people just don't have the patience. They'd probably most likely have more fun if they actually stuck with it. Cause its about the most active X Games sport there is today.
pashmina
i used to skate when i was a kid, but i have lost interest over it. i once had an accident, so i am still scared to skate.
miacps
Heres a vid I took waaay back in the day of my friend JP boardslidin' the Jew rails. Skateboarders should be familiar with this spot. I'm pretty sure they chained the rails up a couple years ago so no one can skate it.

As a bonus, here are two funny falls performed by Matt and I!

This is from about 7 or 8 years ago back when Matt was a little kid. Too bad theres no audio, it was hilarious! "OWW!"

And here I am landing too far forward:

Enjoy! Cool
KronikSindrome
I'm so jealous! I love skateboarding but I really suck at it. Where I used
to live I had a huge hill-like driveway I used to skate up and down and I
started to get better (no falls) but then my stupid b/f ran over my
skateboard and now my hopes and dreams of being "ok" at it are
smashed! heh Laughing

seriously though...I am jealous...

I want to skate like that...you guys rock.
agustin
Well... My name is Agustin. I live in Argentina! Im 18 years old! As you would know,,, I love skateboarding! I think is the best thing ever! I`ve been skating for like 7 years! and never get tired of it, d opposite... i enjoy it much more than in the past! Right Now im filming a video that is coming soon!
If you like to watch some footage of me you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frWtpPTzV9I
See you guys!!
Thanks for Posting!
I aprecieted!
Soymilko
skaterboys are hot. LMAO!!! Smile
Rico
It’s amazing that after my knees had been grinded by tar so many times there are hardly scars left today, even the hairs have grown back.
j_f_k
Seems to be lots of people that think skateboarders are petty criminals etc. Thats a shame its such a prejudiced attitute. Where I live some nice people hate the idea of skateboarders so much they actually try and knock down skateboarders with their cars.
wise
I love the idea of skateboarding, but i have not learned how to manipulate it. Sad
akshar
Thanks friend. you made me Remember By writing about SkateBoard.I remembered my childhood days .Once i had brocken my hand also.Skateboarding is nice excercise for children.But they should b\e trained properly.Once you know it you like it and then its difficult to stop.Children here enjoy it more then riding bicycle.I still find time and try out stunts.I will never forget it.
agustin
Thank you for posting in skateboarding! You can watch my footage here!: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=154269376
Peace!
SkateandDestroypc
Skateboarding is a fun way to relieve stress. I started skateing when I was 14, I am now 28. I hope old age will not steal the wooden shredstick.
nomadicadventure
Recently I decided that I wanted to learn how to skateboard as a better way to commute. It hought that it would be faster. I wish that I had someone that could really have helped me learn because I ended up spraining my knee, my wrist and my ankle all in one afternoon. Luckily I'm very risilent but still.