FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CISCO Aironet wireless card driver needed

ThePolemistis
heyy,,

ive been looking everywhere on the net for this but i cant find it....

can anyone post me the *direct* link for the driver working for win xp.

The driver im looking for is:
Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g Wireless Adapter
Aiz
All of the Cisco softwares are provided on their own site:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/pub/MDFTree.x?butype=wireless

It requires registration to access, and since I don't use, and don't plan on using, Cisco, I don't have an account with them. So, you are on your own from here.

Unless their download system is messed up some how beyond what I can see, it only took a bit of search to get that link to their download section. >.> So I can't understand why you couldn't find it o.o;.
ThePolemistis
Aiz wrote:
All of the Cisco softwares are provided on their own site:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/pub/MDFTree.x?butype=wireless

It requires registration to access, and since I don't use, and don't plan on using, Cisco, I don't have an account with them. So, you are on your own from here.

Unless their download system is messed up some how beyond what I can see, it only took a bit of search to get that link to their download section. >.> So I can't understand why you couldn't find it o.o;.

u ahve to register on their site... i dont like registering so that they can take my personal details.... thats y i asked for a direct link....

Can anyone else provide a direct link?
Aiz
I don't see what the problem is.

You registered here and provided your information didn't you? And to be frank, isn't it more dangerous to give your information to a relatively unknown site than to a famous worldwide producer of wireless products? Unless you don't plan on using the softwares for what they are meant for, I don't see what you are scared of.

I doubt you'll be able to find it anywhere else on the web aside from p2p programs since there's an agreement you have to "sign" before downloading, so it would technically be pirating:

Quote:
Software Download Rules - Please Read Carefully

By clicking "Agree" below, you agree to each of the following:

1. That Cisco reserves the right to: (a) charge you for, and you agree to pay for, software /signature file downloads to which you are not entitled, and (b) immediately suspend or terminate your access to this web site if you download software to which you are not so entitled.
2. That you shall be bound by Cisco's End User Software License Agreement regarding your use of any Cisco software you download from this web site (Cisco's End User Software License Agreement governs your use of the Cisco software listed at this web site. Click the highlighted link for the full text of the Agreement, which may be updated from time to time by Cisco in its sole discretion and without notice. Cisco will post a copy of the updated version of the Cisco End User Software License Agreement, and you will independently and regularly review the Agreement at this URL);
3. That you are only entitled to download Cisco software for the Cisco hardware chassis or device or the particular application software or signature file for which you have paid the applicable software license fees;
4. That you must purchase a Cisco Operating system Software feature set upgrade license if the feature set you intend to download is not included in your initial license;

Anyway, what I did find was Ekahau Wireless Utility and Driver for Atheros Cards that is said to support Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g Wireless Adapter (CB21, CC21) amongst others. Their site doesn't require a login, but you do have to click an "agree and download" button to download their software. If you won't even click a button, then I really won't be able to help you.

http://www.ekahau.com/products/client/drivers/atheros/
ThePolemistis
Aiz wrote:
I don't see what the problem is.

You registered here and provided your information didn't you? And to be frank, isn't it more dangerous to give your information to a relatively unknown site than to a famous worldwide producer of wireless products? Unless you don't plan on using the softwares for what they are meant for, I don't see what you are scared of.

I doubt you'll be able to find it anywhere else on the web aside from p2p programs since there's an agreement you have to "sign" before downloading, so it would technically be pirating:

Quote:
Software Download Rules - Please Read Carefully

By clicking "Agree" below, you agree to each of the following:

1. That Cisco reserves the right to: (a) charge you for, and you agree to pay for, software /signature file downloads to which you are not entitled, and (b) immediately suspend or terminate your access to this web site if you download software to which you are not so entitled.
2. That you shall be bound by Cisco's End User Software License Agreement regarding your use of any Cisco software you download from this web site (Cisco's End User Software License Agreement governs your use of the Cisco software listed at this web site. Click the highlighted link for the full text of the Agreement, which may be updated from time to time by Cisco in its sole discretion and without notice. Cisco will post a copy of the updated version of the Cisco End User Software License Agreement, and you will independently and regularly review the Agreement at this URL);
3. That you are only entitled to download Cisco software for the Cisco hardware chassis or device or the particular application software or signature file for which you have paid the applicable software license fees;
4. That you must purchase a Cisco Operating system Software feature set upgrade license if the feature set you intend to download is not included in your initial license;

Anyway, what I did find was Ekahau Wireless Utility and Driver for Atheros Cards that is said to support Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g Wireless Adapter (CB21, CC21) amongst others. Their site doesn't require a login, but you do have to click an "agree and download" button to download their software. If you won't even click a button, then I really won't be able to help you.

http://www.ekahau.com/products/client/drivers/atheros/

Hi,,,,

thanks man.... although the site u referred me to,, the ekahau one, I accepted the agreement and clicked download and it downloaded commando firewall... However, the driver by ekahau for the cisco wireless card was exactly what I was looking for, and I found it on some chinese site from google.

Anyways, regarding the registration, I did not wanna put my personal details such as home address and telephone number when all I want to do is download a driver and NOT order anything. Why did CISCO want my personal details if all i want to do is to download a driver? I did not need to give my personal details e.g. home address when registering on this forum, thats why I registered, if I was asked to submit my home address, I wouldn't have joined.

But anywas.... thanks a lot... my wireless card works!!!!! Razz
Requell
People that are afraid to give multi billion dollar companies information confuse me..

They dont care, they provide it as a deturrent to pirates... thats all...

They ask for all the other information for registration of products and for help and support should you ever need to call them.

It also saves you time if you do ever need to call the leading supplyer of high end networking devices.