FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Webalizer Stats Not Functioning

Kaisonic
When I had first started my website here, I would look at the Webalizer stats just for fun to see how many people visit my site, what they're downloading, etc. But, ever since February of '06, there has only been on more month generated, which was October of '06. The top of the page says the report was generated in that October. Is there something wrong, or is there some sort of setting I have to change to make sure that it records stats for every month and generates a report every month?
Bondings
I would suggest to switch to Awstats, and activate the cgi-bin login. The stats are better (in my opinion) and webalizer tends to have a lot of problems and sometimes doesn't want to update.
Kaisonic
Um...how would I do that? Keep in mind I'm on server 2, using DirectAdmin.
Bondings
Kaisonic wrote:
Um...how would I do that? Keep in mind I'm on server 2, using DirectAdmin.

Go to DirectAdmin, click on "Stats Control", select "Use AWStats" and click on save. Then click on configure and fill in the form.
swizzy
i enabled AWstats but from where do i access it
Bondings
swizzy wrote:
i enabled AWstats but from where do i access it

Did you enable the cgi-bin thing? In that case, it should be something like yourwebsite/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl?config=<yourwebsite> . There is a link to it in the Stats Control under "View stats with AWStats viewer".
Marston
Yeah, AWStats is definetly better than webalizer... Webalizer also works for me, so... yeah.
Kaisonic
Oh, ok, thanks. I didn't see that Stats Control link there before (it is at the very bottom after all). And nothing was selected. So that's probably why nothing was working. But it should be working now, so thanks!