FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Whos the oldest here

Possum
Hi

I joined FriHost after hearing about them on a podcast. I still think its an unbelievable service for Free.

As required I started using the Forums. I'm more than happy with the advice I got as well. So thats great. But then I sort of noticed that at 48 I might just be the oldest person here. Maybe the oldest by heaps of years. I'm just a little curious are there many others in their 40s (and more) who are members of FriHost?

I would love to see your websites too..

cheers Possum..
MrBlueSky
HoboPelican maybe: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-564622.html#564622
Captain Fertile
I'm 40 in October.

If you do a little searching around I think there are a number of threads dedicated to this subject already. You may get some information from them. Very Happy
Kaisonic
Well, I'm not now, but I'll probably still be hosted by FriHost when I am. Unless of course, I finally get the money to get my own server or something. Which I probably should do by 40. So maybe I won't still be here. I dunno. The future is a scary thing to think about.
hofodomo01
meh im 18. o what will i do with my life *emo emo*
ncwdavid
I'm 15 so im a long way from 40(thank god Very Happy ). Yeah I think ive seen a thread like this one before a few times and I think now I'm not too sure but there was a Frihoster who was in their 50s? I dunno though. Maybe he could post again and tell us.
Captain Fertile
I know of a certain mod on here who is over 50 although I found it hard to believe by the 'hip and groovy' posts they write Laughing

Obviously I can't name names here but I am sure they will make themselves known once they see this thread (as long as they have their specs on of course). Laughing

Oooh I am so dead!
PanicZone
heh im 13 XD
HoboPelican
Captain Fertile wrote:
I know of a certain mod on here who is over 50 although I found it hard to believe by the 'hip and groovy' posts they write Laughing

Obviously I can't name names here but I am sure they will make themselves known once they see this thread (as long as they have their specs on of course). Laughing

Oooh I am so dead!

Finally found my freaking' bifocals! And, yes, I have deleted all of Captain Fertile's posts and reset his points to -1,000,000. AND stole all of his candy bars! Wink

Don't know if I am the oldest, but I will admit to 52 or 53...I tend to forget.
"hip and groovy"?....words like that tend place me squarely in the 60s, which may explain why I forget how old I am Laughing
Vrythramax
I'm running a [reasonably] close second to HoboPelican.....but I love to tease him anyway Smile
dawn666
Well, I'm almost 32 (in august..) ^^
Q5U8
35 right now, still a baby Laughing
divinitywolf
I'm 372 years old.
i'm also hans moleman from the simpsons!
sodredge
I became 978,264,705 seconds old last ground hogs day. The seconds are really counting up. Wink
DeFwh
Captain Fertile wrote:

Oooh I am so dead!

Your only as young as you feel!
divinitywolf
okok so maybe i lied about the 372 bit. I'm not that old really. Definitely not the olderst here. Is there anyone here above 50?
TheMatrixHasYou
i'm 15, but i like this website a lot Very Happy
ncwdavid
divinitywolf wrote:
okok so maybe i lied about the 372 bit. I'm not that old really. Definitely not the olderst here. Is there anyone here above 50?

Yes there is if you read the post above you will see that HoboPelican is over 50.

HoboPelican wrote:

And Vrythramax could be over 50 or just on 50 by looking at his post:
Vrythramax wrote:

I'm running a [reasonably] close second to HoboPelican.....but I love to tease him anyway
Blaster
HoboPelican wrote:
Captain Fertile wrote:

Oooh I am so dead!

Finally found my freaking' bifocals! And, yes, I have deleted all of Captain Fertile's posts and reset his points to -1,000,000. AND stole all of his candy bars! Wink

"hip and groovy"?....words like that tend place me squarely in the 60s, which may explain why I forget how old I am Laughing

Lets see hobo. Hmm my grandparents are like late 50's... wow. And talking to you i would never know. Your like the out doorsy type and all. Anyhow my parents are youger then you Razz and yes i knwo that max is close
bonestorm74
I am 33 so I guess that's somewhere in the middle. I heard a think tank recently calculated (or guessed?) that babies being born now will live to 120, based on medical advancements etc.

Pretty scary if you are having a child at the moment to think they may still be around in 2130. Seems a long way away.
oleszka
25 years old... granny Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
rekluzz
Well Possum, we're tied in age at 48. We're getting up there, but I wouldn't go so far as to call ourselves old just yet. I'm just getting started! Very Happy
LostOverThere
I feel older then 50...No wait, im not even half that.
lethaltriad
I'm a lil more than half way than 48. I'm gonna be 25 next month.
Possum
Now I know I'm not alone.

Cheers Possum..
CyanEyed
seeing as there's a mean team, there should be an Old team as well :p

and a young team for people like me :p
Pilgrymm
im 25. fun times!
FireFoxDB
Thirteen over here! Very Happy
Fake
UNder 30 I am, so I guess I am not that old here. I am sure there is a wise person who is above 50 here Razz

There has to be one such person here

Yup,there u go, HoboPelican is
I am pretty sure he was a Mod at another place, and gave up that Warez site becoz of too many young buffoons.

(Well, I am guess you are OT) Very Happy
standready
46 years young. Age does not matter, its attitude that counts!
Vrythramax
standready wrote:

Well said!

We are the same age. Wink
arkebuzer
standready wrote:

Well said indeed Very Happy

OnT: 22 here. So not even close to oldest... and not most mature either x)
Lessien
i'm 1 quarter of a century old plus 1 year
love saying it like that
makes me sound older and wiser
i hope, lol
anyway, i'm 26 year here
already or just depending on my mood actually
funny that those words can give an entire dif meaning to someones age and how he/she sees herself or others
not that it matters cause after all you are as old as you feel you are
think that is the expression
i'm 26 and i like that age
it has his good parts and bad parts as any other year
and it is nice to hear this site is not only filled with some kiddies, no offence intended, who act like some spoiled brads
some forum sites can be rather a nightmare cause of that
really glad it isn't the case here
grats to those who keep it like that
WallBase
hehe , old ppls here ^^,)

im just 18 years, my b day 05.04.89, hehe^^

Great to know how old ppls are in here xD Rolling Eyes
starfish2007
I will be 25 on friday. yes I think they should be a group for us young people as well as theolder ones whynot old team twenties team and teans team?
lol
Vrythramax
starfish2007 wrote:
I will be 25 on friday. yes I think they should be a group for us young people as well as theolder ones whynot old team twenties team and teans team?
lol

I think you'll find alot of the users here are younger in age, so it could be said the entire forum is geared towards young people, with some older ones included.

As I have pointed out in other posts, it is very unwise to give out your true age on the Internet, making forums "Teen Specific", or "Over 20" specific, would be an extremely unwise thing to do in this day and age.
Heart Ticket
Captain Fertile wrote:
I'm 40 in October.

If you do a little searching around I think there are a number of threads dedicated to this subject already. You may get some information from them. Very Happy

HAHA YOUR ALL YOUNG! Im so the oldest here! Im *drum roll*
13!
*Clap* *Clap*

You know that rules Smile

James
lukeropro
Ha! I'm 14! Beat that.
outofnicks
I'll be 54 in August! Had to think about that, my memory and math skills are fading.
When I joined Frihost, I never even thought about the age thing. I just needed some hosting to play around with, try out new scripts, host occasional ebay images, family pictures, just various miscellaneous web/internet type experimentation stuff that I couldn't do on the paid hosting I have access to. Nothing wierd or illegitimate, just plain ol' geek stuff that pertain to my interests of wood crafts, Linux, country living, alternative energy and life styles, nature, etc etc. That's what I am, just an old geek and all those interests I have keep me feeling young and in touch with the world.

My basic philosophy in life is to look at every person as an equal, without regard to age or any other classification for that matter. Such classifications put us into levels of hierarchy, or ranking, of each other which really sucks, in my opinion. We're all in this game, this boat together, we all have the same basic needs of nourishment, love, and protection from the elements (what did I miss? Geez, I'm getting old...) so the differences between us all are superficial, for the most part.

But after reading this thread, and browsing around the forum in general, I feel kinda out of place here. Like, maybe, I'm too old to be here, this is for young'uns only. I should be financially successful and have my own dedicated server, my own hosting company, blah-blah-blah.

Well, I'm not financially successful, I'm just an ol' country boy living the simple life by choice. Sometimes i don't know where my next dollar is coming from, but that's what makes life interesting.

I do remember the time when I thought 50-something was pretty old, and it was time to start looking for a rocking chair and you held your teeth in your hands while brushing them LOL. Well, I still have most of my teeth, I do close to 30 situps in the morning before getting out of bed and I jog twice a day most days so I'm not ready for the old scene yet.

Maybe I'm sounding a bit defensive here, but I do feel wierd about the age thing. I hope I don't make the young folks uncomfortable by being here. Now, there was something else I wanted to say before closing, but I forgot.

Oh yeah, I think Frihost is a great place, and the concept of post-n-host is really cool. I had never heard of that before signing up here, and I just wanted to give it a try. If you all don't mind, I'd like to hang around. I just sincerely hope that I am NOT the oldest one of all here!!! Somebody PLEASE pitch in here who is even a DAY older than me! (DOB, Aug. 1, 1953)

Now, if I can remember where I put my cane, I'll just shuffle off out to the front porch and set a spell in my rocker Laughing
ItsWesley
I'm neither the oldest or youngest, as I'm only 17 years young.
ninjakannon
I prefer not to mention my age online, for security reasons... Even though I'm a male, so not a common target of rape or anything like that.

The silly thing is that if someone really, really, really wanted to find out my name they could quite easily look on Google and soon find me on some of those networking websites (for example, MySpace). I like to keep people guessing too, most think I'm far older than I really am because of my mature (that's not me saying that, it's others) style of writing/posting.

I was about to offer 20 FRIH$ for the first person to PM me with my real age but then I realised that it's seriously easy to find out, so that's off.

I'll give a small range here though... I'm not yet 20 but I'm certainly older than 15.
Rico
43 - http://www.ricoviviers.frih.net/ (desperately needs an update)
ashish2005
There seems to be people of all ages and lots of 40+ people over here. I don't know what I will be doing at the age of 40 because currently I'm just 21. I turned 21 just a few days ago (April 22nd).

ninjakannon wrote:
The silly thing is that if someone really, really, really wanted to find out my name they could quite easily look on Google and soon find me on some of those networking websites (for example, MySpace).

I googled your nick and the first site on the result was myspace(There were also other results from sites like bebo and even frihost). I opened up you myspace and found out your age. You're younger than me but taller than me Wink .
ninjakannon
ashish2005 wrote:
I googled your nick and the first site on the result was myspace(There were also other results from sites like bebo and even frihost). I opened up you myspace and found out your age. You're younger than me but taller than me Wink .

Haha well done! I knew someone would. Razz

You know I'm the only 'ninjakannon' in the world? I hate to say that because now someone's bound to create an account somewhere just to spite me! (Please don't! (Or if you do, tell me where and give me the username and password so that I may remain the one and only ninjakannon Razz)). For some reason though, I can't get through all the results, Google only shows me the first 1000 for some reason.
Soulfire
Most likely not... I'm only in my mid teens!
Vrythramax
@ninjakannon

I believe I am the only "Vrythramax" in the world as well Smile
madturnip
I am 27 years old.. Razz

However I am sure a lot of other folks will out age me in the age department. OLD FARTS! Very Happy
Vrythramax
madturnip wrote:
I am 27 years old.. Razz

However I am sure a lot of other folks will out age me in the age department. OLD FARTS! Very Happy

Well that will win you alot of points calling people names.
kiranaghor
skygaia
I'm going on 40 this July.
I think there are many teenagers here.
Fake
madturnip wrote:
I am 27 years old.. Razz

why is this word synonymous with old people?

Or are u Aussei Very Happy

No offence...just his words caught my attention
CMA
arkebuzer wrote:
standready wrote:

Well said indeed Very Happy

OnT: 22 here. So not even close to oldest... and not most mature either x)

Amen to that.
By the way, 21 here. Can't "compete" with you folks. Laughing
datter
38.. I thought I was an old bugger until I read through this thread. My God some of you are in your FORTIES. Now that's old. Smile Smile
Slick
im only 24 so uve beaten me already haha!
Futile
I am always used to being the oldest in the crew at 40. But it's nice to hear that I can go out with a few people here and not have to be the responsible one. MUUUUUHHHHHHHAAAAAA!
fhrr5
I'm 0x1C.

But age ain't nothing but a number baby!

The young have energy but lack wisdom, the case is just the opposite for the aged.

Which is worse?
datter
Having been young with no wisdom, I say that's much much worse. I'd have said just the opposite when I WAS young though. Smile
PatTheGreat42
On the internet, some people are 18 year old virgin teenage girls with size DD breasts. On the internet, I'm a 104 webmaster with a penchent for phonograph websites.
Vrythramax
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
On the internet, some people are 18 year old virgin teenage girls with size DD breasts. On the internet, I'm a 104 webmaster with a penchent for phonograph websites.

My Geek Code says I am immortal Smile
et-configs
Just check my xfire profile and look at my age at the top. that says it all Laughing Laughing

i'm clearly the eldest here Very Happy

www.xfire.com/profile/mastermind50
ninjakannon
et-configs wrote:
i'm clearly the eldest here Very Happy

http://www.xfire.com/profile/mastermind50/ wrote:

Haha, yeah... If that were true you'd definitely be the oldest here. But I don't know many 101 year olds with a computer, let alone any with an Xfire account. Razz
Utopia GFR
Im "only" 33, lol Very Happy

Besides that aspect, i look incredibly young (something like 5 to 10 years younger) making me feel and look quite good for my age compared to other thirty-year-old individuals Very Happy

I believe it's pretty much cool and instructive to have first, second, third and even fourth generation people hang out here and exchange loads of interesting topics within the Frihost community Very Happy

On the other hand, i was once suprised by the youthfulness of some members but i do agree that it's just part of the Internet evolution Smile

We "old kids" never experienced this great tool back in the old days, hehe Very Happy
Chris24
Possum wrote:
Hi

I joined FriHost after hearing about them on a podcast. I still think its an unbelievable service for Free.

As required I started using the Forums. I'm more than happy with the advice I got as well. So thats great. But then I sort of noticed that at 48 I might just be the oldest person here. Maybe the oldest by heaps of years. I'm just a little curious are there many others in their 40s (and more) who are members of FriHost?

I would love to see your websites too..

cheers Possum..

I am 39, here are my sites http://ocs.frih.net, and http://hixstorm.ocs.frih.net
Rico
Fake wrote:
madturnip wrote:
I am 27 years old.. Razz

What word? FART? Because we old farts have perfected the art of it. And if you haven’t, shame, shame, shame on you. Who will lead these young’ins – remember the war cry gentlemen “They can take our Freedom but they will never take our Flatulence!”
ninjakannon
Rico wrote:
Fake wrote:
madturnip wrote:
I am 27 years old.. Razz

What word? FART? Because we old farts have perfected the art of it. And if you haven’t, shame, shame, shame on you. Who will lead these young’ins – remember the war cry gentlemen “They can take our Freedom but they will never take our Flatulence!”

Oh very good, very good indeed. That's really funny. Razz

I think the real reason for the word "fart" being synonymous with old people has something to do with the fact that some are 'less in control' of their bodily functions - hence the stereotype of old people smelling of wee. Another thing that might aid the stereotype is the way they are often considered to complain about the various problems of the world and all annoyances to them (such as, typically, youths).
I think that generally they get this stereotype because people only remember the most memorable things about them (so, the smell: wee and farts; the sound: farts; the most irritating subject of conversation: things that annoy them; etcetera). Really old people are far more various and much less like their stereotype than you might think, I though about this when sitting on the bus earlier... surrounded by their idle chatter I was. Razz
seanooi
i'm only 20 and i feel so old already.
Having to migrate from the teens it really does suck. Laughing
ducktape1234
guess am not the oldest am 20 lol
wexaz
just 18 years old Wink
dream
20/m/india

anything more you guys want to know
Very Happy
Kovsieassassins
I'm 21 which is half the age of Rico(43)
So when I am 43 he'll be 86
sonicj
I just turned 41. Funny thing is when I was 18 and joined the military, I earned the nickname grandpa in basic training. We all knew someone was 29 and we were trying to guess who it was....I won the majority of the votes, so grandpa I became. Now I am really getting closer to earning that title.
Daniel15
I'm 17, but people often think I'm a lot older for some reason Razz
Vrythramax
Daniel15 wrote:
I'm 17, but people often think I'm a lot older for some reason Razz

Possibly it's because you are more intelligent beyond your years? All that grey hair and the beard could throw people off too. Laughing
riv_
I'm old enough that girls my age lie about their age.
But young enough that they're still referred to as girls.
I must say though, as an uber-geek-goddes-in-training, I'm truly ageless. Brains, like wine (to be cliche) get sexier with age! Very Happy
(And if I'm wrong, I'll soon be old enough to forget I said so!)
BugBear
Ok looking at all the posts makes me feel like i'm a kid or something (everyone seems to be a bit older for some reason Razz)

anyway i'm 18 Very Happy *Parteh*
Rico
Kovsieassassins wrote:

Over my dead body will I ever get that freaking old dude! Wink
ninjakannon
Kovsieassassins wrote:

Hang on a second!

21 + 22 = 43 ~~ Therefore 22 years will pass before you get to 43.

43 + 22 = 65 ~~ So add on the same number of years again and you realise that he will no longer be double your age.

Remember, for object A to remain twice the value of object B, for example, object B would have to change by double the amount object A changed by. So if object A increased in age by 1 year, object B would have to increase by 2 years in age; this does not, obviously, happen in the real world. For our purposes time is a constant.
Vrythramax
Just for the record, I turned 46 in Feb., Which is why I said I was running a "reasonably" close second to HoboPelican.
Kovsieassassins
ninjakannon wrote:
Kovsieassassins wrote:

Hang on a second!

43 + 22 = 65 ~~ So add on the same number of years again and you realise that he will no longer be double your age.

Remember, for object A to remain twice the value of object B, for example, object B would have to change by double the amount object A changed by. So if object A increased in age by 1 year, object B would have to increase by 2 years in age; this does not, obviously, happen in the real world. For our purposes time is a constant.

nnnnoooooo!! you must be kidding Confused
Rico
ninjakannon wrote:
Kovsieassassins wrote:

Hang on a second!

Dude! you just gave me a braincramp Aaaaagggh! the paiiiiiiiiin!
Captain Fertile
I see this old chestnut of a topic is still going strong. And it seems, after a cursory skim of the posts, that Hobo is still the oldest and V’Max is second. I am 39 (40 in October) but it seems I no longer seem to be third.

One other point, it looks like FriHost is attracting a few more older members too so I don’t feel like such a silver surfer. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
freelanceCMS
im 21...love it too Smile
Tatsumaru
I'm 19, so I probably lose.
Vrythramax
Captain Fertile wrote:
I see this old chestnut of a topic is still going strong. And it seems, after a cursory skim of the posts, that Hobo is still the oldest and V’Max is second. I am 39 (40 in October) but it seems I no longer seem to be third.

One other point, it looks like FriHost is attracting a few more older members too so I don’t feel like such a silver surfer. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

it's been a running joke between Hobo and I that he's a dinosaur and I'm a tarpit....just cuz I like to trap dinosaurs Smile
balticJay
i'm 34, 35 on monday
Vrythramax
balticJay wrote:
i'm 34, 35 on monday

Well let me the first to wish you an early Happy Birthday! May you have many more in good health! Smile
bri4n5
I'm 23 Smile
skygaia
I'm 39...
I think most of members here are very young... but who care? Laughing
windrei
from the topic, i thought you are asking the time spending here in frihost.........

but i wanna know who is the youngest too... both i am not.
James007
Why don't you reply only if you are older than the oldest user in this thread already. Aha!
(otherwise it would stay a spam thread)
ninjakannon
James007 wrote:
Why don't you reply only if you are older than the oldest user in this thread already. Aha!
(otherwise it would stay a spam thread)

Perhaps it would help if you stated the oldest person's age here; I think it's 54, unless I'm mistaken. Also, you might want to edit the first post to say this too... as some will not read the whole thread to find out whether they're the oldest or not.
j_f_k
hhhm born 1917, died 1963, guess it must be me...
nisharani
i totally agree with - standready '' 1st page
i just joined , i guess i am the youngest. heh lol
James007
I think it will just stay a spam topic. "LOL".
-close-