FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Post Nuke error need help

ordspil
Hi I have downloaded postnuke, and uploaded it correctly, but it just won't read the install script named install.php -
" Not Found
The requested URL /install.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

That's what it says when I tries.
I've also tried to change the attrbiutes (CHMOD), but that doesn't help either. Actually I feel I will have to give up on it, but if somebody could help me, it would be nice!
It's probably just a dumb mistake I've made or something like that. Maybe I'll find the problem my self very soon.
ChrisCh
The error that you are getting indicates that you are not accessing the file from the right location, as there is no file where you are trying. The address should be something like http://www.yoursite.frih.net/*folder names*/install.php Smile
ordspil
ChrisCh wrote:
The error that you are getting indicates that you are not accessing the file from the right location, as there is no file where you are trying. The address should be something like http://www.yoursite.frih.net/*folder names*/install.php Smile

Yeah I though so too, but that's what I have been doing all the time, it's like it ain't reading the file, and I cant find the problem, I have looked if some files should be needed and so on, but damn I just can't figure it out :S
mathiaus
Where is the file located? Login to DA or FTP and find the file, note down which folders you went to to get to the file. Post your result here.