FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help with my layout

Seiji
I've been trying to make the layout see through and I sort of figured out how to:

Code:
<style type="text/css">
table, td { background:transparent; border-color: black; border:0; color: black;}
table table, table table table, table table table table, table table table table td

{background-color: transparent;; border: 0px;}
table table table td {border:0px; background-color:white; padding:3; filter:alpha

(opacity=75); -moz-opacity:0.75; opacity: 0.75;}
</style>

Using that it works but, my top banner doesn't show. I'm not exactly sure what is overriding it. Any help would be appreciated/

http://taijijuny.frih.net

Thats my site, the banner at the top of the page isn't showing when I turn on the see through. The site right now is normal w/o that code added.
littlegiant
Looks like you posted the wrong url. That looks like Myspace layout coding. Did you mean to post your MySpace url?
Seiji
Actually, I didn't. I copied that code from some forum and it worked on my site. If its wrong what would be the correct code and what would it be in my external style sheet. I only want my layout to be see through with both banners at the top of the page showing. Is it possible?
littlegiant
Yeah sure it's possible. But I assure that that's a MySpace layout code you copied. You can tell from all those ridiculous strings of CSS descendant selectors (which is the only way to apply styles to MySpace pages, BTW). If, on the other hand, you have total control over the HTML and CSS in your template, then you can start sticking classes and ids in anywhere you want. You don't need to in a long string of table table table table td just to get to a deeply nested table in your template. How are your HTML/CSS skills, BTW?
GB
Maybe it is my browser/platform combonation, but it looks fine. I see a white border with a picture of a person singing. Is your text what is getting cut off? If so, is it because the border is white as well as the text?

Probably the best way to do this is to make the banner look the way you want it to in Photoshop and upload it as an image. That way it will look the same on all browsers and platforms.

Or maybe I'm missing the whole problem.

By the way, I'm using Safari 2.0.4 on a Mac G5.

Good luck!
Dragate
To make it transparent, you could do all that, then set a new thing like...

img.opaque

or something
and in that make the whole image opaque (100%)
even though you already set "everything" transparent...

It goes line by line, so Yeah, I think that might work.