FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I can't view my website

apple
Hi,
Am not sure if am posting this topic in the right place, if not mods please move it.

I have not been able to view my website for all of today. Is there a problem? No matter what I do I get a message saying:

Quote:
Firefox can't find the server at www.shadesandtones.com.

Could someone help me with why this is happening?

Thanks a lot,

apple
Aiz
I can see that site just fine, so it's not Frihost's fault. o.o try a different browser or try clearing your Firefox.

Edit: There's a forum thread somewhere about Firefox's "can't find server" problem:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=502436

try reading that and see if that helps at all

*goes off mumbling about how back Firefox has become*
apple
Hi Aiz....
thanks for responding. I tried using IE and am getting the same type of problem, it's as tho the site can't be found.

Any other suggestions?

apple
Animal
Have you only recently added your .com domain to the Frihost servers? If so, it's highly likely that your ISP has cached the DNS settings for the domain. You should be able to view the site using a proxy server such as www.the-cloak.com for the time being, but your ISP's DNS cache will probably be cleared once a day. Wait a few hours and try it again - this should work fine.

I can confirm that the site is functioning correctly for me, so it's most likely a caching issue.

Hope this helps! Smile
apple
Hi Animal,

Thanks for responding.
Yes I have only recently added my .com domain to the Frihost servers. However, I was able to view it quite well until today.

I tried http://www.the-cloak.com and am having the same problem.
I'll check back later and then post if am still having problems, so maybe someone (if not you) will have another suggestion.

apple
tidruG
I'm able to view your site. Everything opens and runs fine.
alexdude
I've had a problem like that before when I started a site. I couldn't see it but other people could! That sucked so bad. All you can do Is just wait a couple more days then you'll be able to go on it.