FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

php.ini

nappa
What is php.ini?

Where is that file?

Can we change something in the file?

Just need to know, got a little problem with oscommerce and I have to access the php.ini file to put this there

display_errors = Off

thanks
ncwdavid
Its just like a configuration file for PHP. You can easily open it and edit. Its very simple. Its kinda big so use "Ctrl + f" and then type down whatever it is you are looking to change and click find to speed up things.
nappa
ncwdavid wrote:
Its just like a configuration file for PHP. You can easily open it and edit. Its very simple. Its kinda big so use "Ctrl + f" and then type down whatever it is you are looking to change and click find to speed up things.

I'm dying to find it on direct admin server, but I couldn't find.

Please give me any idea where it might be.

Thanks
ncwdavid
Oh I thought you have your own server on tyour computer for testing or something. If you have hosting here at Frihost I dont think tyou get access to it to be able to edit it. Its probly only Bondings who can do that.
nappa
ncwdavid wrote:
Oh I thought you have your own server on tyour computer for testing or something. If you have hosting here at Frihost I dont think tyou get access to it to be able to edit it. Its probly only Bondings who can do that.

thanks for fast respond, the problems I had with oscommerce were sloved

I've posted the solution here

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-13192.html#596217
bgillingham
Although, you should display errors, you can hide ALL errors, warnings, and notices. To hide all of your error messages, you could just use a line in your php code:
Code:
// Turn off all error reporting
error_reporting(0);

Code:
// Same as error_reporting(0);
ini_set('error_reporting', 0);

You should really develop to the point of no warnings if possible... notices can go without fixing since they tend to be very minor. To report syntax errors (especially if you are still developing, as it sounds), you could keep the syntax errors as well as warnings and errors:
Code:
// Report simple running errors
error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE);

This "error_reporting" info is taken from http://us2.php.net/error_reporting. For a full reference on any php function, I always use http://us2.php.net.
ALostSoul
You have to make your own php.ini file..
MrBlueSky
ALostSoul wrote:
You have to make your own php.ini file..

That is if no use on hosts like frihost. When you have to change PHP settings you have to use bgillingham's solution above which also works for a lot of other settings in php.ini but not all.
Fire Boar
It sounds like you're using some pre-built CMS, and they've turned off error reporting. If there are any configuration files, have a look for one of the lines mentioned in bgillingham's post and comment it out (prepend // to the line).