FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

guissmo
Hmm... I have heard of this movie somewhere. I got interested because I, too, am flunking history classes. To get me inspired, I wanted to watch this movie, but since I am NOT in the USA to just go to a video rental store and get it, I wont be able to watch it.

Instead, does anyone know where I can download and watch this movie?
Blu_Spykz
Well as downloading the movie would break copyright and thus be deemed illegal, I'd suggest ebay I got both Excellent Adventure and Bogus Journey (the sequel) off ebay for a very cheap price.

I have liked both movies since before I was a teen (!)

These films are sooooooo funny, and, though not believable, still a very enjoyable film, which spawned a great cartoon mini-series.
deStructuralized
BitTorrent or buy the DVD.

It's a really good movie, one of my favorites for sure. Funny.
scottycrip
it's the role Keanu Reeves was born to play and where he should have stopped. Unfortunately he didn't
gtherockgod
YAY I love the Bill and Ted movies Very Happy i have them both on DVD, got em for dirt cheap too
deStructuralized
scottycrip wrote:
it's the role Keanu Reeves was born to play and where he should have stopped. Unfortunately he didn't

Haha

Well, it's true that he works best in the role of the "clueless protagonist"

But that kind of worked out for The Matrix, didn't it? Wink

"...What? .....What is....The Matrix...? So...confused...Morpheus..."
wernichtfragt
guess thats why trinity likes him
kind of mother instinct ;)
mattyj
why cant you go to the video store and hire it? Im not in the US and i can??

but yeh try Ebay, should be able to find it cheap...Funny movie...
guissmo
Hmm. I placed an order and have been waiting for 1 week already.

Guys at the video store didn't "order" it from the supplier.

Annoying.
linangan
So much of comedy depends on us liking the characters. If we like them, we are much more likely to laugh with them or at them. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure is a case in point: it's funny largely because, darn it, they may be dim, but they are endearingly dim, and maybe they actually understand more of the essentials of life than a lot of smarter people do.

The premise of this crazy movie is that Bill and Ted, high school students, need to pass their history class or the world will come to an end. I mean this literally, I think, but I wouldn't dream of explaining. But it's ok, because a mysterious man with a time machine comes to the rescue. This leads to visits to famous persons from a variety of historical eras. Watching them interact with staples of modern society is one of the joys of this film, particularly since a lot of narrative grunt work is avoided by having the characters accept the existence of a time machine and a radically different future without question. Another of the joys of the film is the way it exploits time for humor: scarcely an opportunity is missed to take advantage of a temporal paradox.

Bill and Ted are characters inextricably rooted in their time and generation that they became dated just a few years later. Yet the film's appeal is much broader, not so constrained by time, if you will excuse the wordplay. It is smarter than its characters are. Smarter, but not above them.
Blu_Spykz
Party on dudes

watched it (again) last night ... gets better each time I see it
ryanh2006
Woooooah Duddddes! Boy did this post bring back memories!! I haven't seen BT Bogus Adventures in aaaaaaggggges and even though I was young at the time I remember that it was a really funny movie. suddenly I am itching to pick it up again and give it another view.
Lessien
BIll and Ted was the rock of 'dude' films. hahahaa love those movies

Fav Quotes:

"It's that short dead dude from our history class!" - Bill on Napelon

"Now your dad's going for it, in your own room!" "shut up Ted!"

"It seems to me the only thing you've learned is that Caesar is a "salad dressing dude." "

Bill: How's it going, royal ugly dudes? I am the Earl of Preston.
Ted: And I am the Duke of Ted.
King Henry: Put them in the iron maiden.
Bill and Ted: Iron Maiden? Excellent!
gtherockgod
I lended both my Bill and Ted movies to a friend like 5 months ago and I still haven't got them back! Sad
mac_ad
Rufus is my hero! I actually just finished building a replica of the time machine, I have a replica of Dr Whos as well, and I figure i may as well keep up the tradition.

I just wish we got a spinoff with station, or death.. that would have been awesome! Or even a cartoon, it seems like an idea they completely missed!