FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MY IP ADDRESS CHANGE

syntax101
when i try to check my ip address in www.canyouseeme.org my ip address always change i turn it off. is it possible that it change because i open my port 80, 5631 and 63178? can anybody help with this things because i created my computer as a server.
pampoon
Well, depending on the type of provider you are using, it is possible that your ip is set to always change. It's just the way your provider set it.

I don't think there is any way to "fix" this problem, but I may be wrong.

God bless Wink,
Pampoon
Bondings
Some isp's give you a static ip that always stays the same.

Some isp's give you an ip that changes each time you log in.

Some isp's give you an ip that changes during browsing.

Only the last case should give you problems during surfing.
Bockman
Bondings wrote:

Some isp's give you an ip that changes during browsing.

????really??? Man I'm getting outdated really fast...

You mean the IP's connection changes or they give you an alias something as "bt8-194-100.dsl.yourISP.com"?

Either way, you can use dyndns or no-ip (DDNS's)or similar to access your server. Not sure if it'll work on that later case (didn't really understand how it works). Just open an account and install and configure the client (or configure your router if you have one. most routers already have the DDNS feature). each time the I changes, the client updates the IP to the DDNS service and your url will always be working.
I have dynamic IP (that would be Bondings's 2 option up there) on my home dsl and i use it to be able to access my machine remotely. Never had much problems with it either.

Be Well Cool
Bondings
Bockman wrote:
????really??? Man I'm getting outdated really fast...

You mean the IP's connection changes or they give you an alias something as "bt8-194-100.dsl.yourISP.com"?

No I really mean that the ip address changes a few times in one hour, resetting the connection again I guess. I don't know where I got this information from anymore, but apparantly it did (does?) happen at some crazy isp's.
swizzy
So what web hosting problems are you facing due to this, there are many a clients wich will notify you on email, sms , relay on to a dynamic ip server etc.