FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash

highland3r
i think frihosts should try to do some flash animations for the web site anyone els think this a good idea?
gamo
highland3r wrote:
i think frihosts should try to do some flash animations for the web site anyone els think this a good idea?

Flash animation, I think that is not good ideas. Because it really take their alot of time to create and the special reason that Flash go along with slow speed, they take big file size, and all web suffers are not all have flash player, if they are professionals that it's not mention, but they could be a newbie or dialup users, bandwidth is regarded trouble of them.
NG
well wot i think is frihost is so cool they dont need to add anythin else Question
TimsJugling
NG wrote:
well wot i think is frihost is so cool they dont need to add anythin else Question

I AGREE!
Maka
I hate flash intros, sites with flash I tend not to visit again, a small flash banner is fine though.
wistom
i think now is the best ,dont need anything more.
gonzo
I use user CSS to disable flash until I explicitly allow the instance. The same goes for JavaScript.

gamo wrote:
Flash go along with slow speed
the web was designed with broadband users in mind. Analog modem users do not properly belong in the surfing class. I couldn't care less to hear their whinning. They're right up there with ie users.

Quote:
all web suffers are not all have flash player
the VAST majority does.

Yes, yes, sooo many people in backwater countries don't have oodles of bandwidth. I again refer you to the prime intent of the web: it did NOT have them in mind!!!!!

Rolling Eyes

Flash, in limited quantities, is tolerable
film42
I think flash sites are good, because of the cool and smooth look they provide. But if i really wanted to make a flash site, it would probably be to imatate an OS like flyakite os. it would be cool if you could get an online flash psp emulator or something. but anyway i think it is a good idea, and insprired me to build a flash site.

One more thing, with flash, you cant save pictures, so it ends up being quite useful if you dont want people to download all of your artwork and claim it to be theirs. Hope this message helped, and i will now begin to build a flash site for myself.

My current website is www.film42.tk

www.dot.tk it is a free domain, like mine. plus you can buy it forever for only ten bucks. and you can use it on frihosting accounts

Enjoy

film42

Expect More...............
WickedGravity
Maka and I have the same philosophy on this one.

If you have a Flash intro, I will polite and wade through all of it until the static site is made available to me.

Then, unless your content is beyonf cool, I will promptly forget you and your site ever existed and go about my way.

Flash banners, if tastefully done, make more sense to me than an entire flash intro.
snowboardalliance
gonzo wrote:
gamo wrote:
Flash go along with slow speed
the web was designed with broadband users in mind. Analog modem users do not properly belong in the surfing class. I couldn't care less to hear their whinning. They're right up there with ie users.

I have broadband, but flash can still load slowly.
Helios
Flash + Forum = trouble!

LOL I was registered on a board where flash avatars were enabled.

I just f*cked up their system Very Happy

Flash is a bad idea for frihost.
frozenhead
Oh yeah.. Flash can't be here in forums like this one though.. im not againsts Flash coz i got one full flash site hosted here, i mean it depends on the site's functionality..

Maybe Flash can be use for a personal website can be.. Wink
soulignis
To put one entry flash that is a good idea but the software Flah mx complicate too Confused
bao
I oppose put Flash into forum.
hrtorrent
I think that's not a good idea.
Too much use of flash animation can slow down web site.
Also, this is a qestion about compatibility becouse of users with different operating sistem, different browsers etc.
frozenecko
flash can be tacky if it isnt done with skill. I think it could be a good idea if they had a really good idea for it in the 1st place. Otherwise? Its fine just the way it is! Smile
php_wizard_l33t
I actually think Flash animations would be a waste of their time. Their website is all ready supurb and they really don't have time when they have to deal with all the hosting requests and support questions.

I think they are doing just fine for the time being. No need to add anything in my opinion.

Nice site, guys! Wink