FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sim Tower

ddukki
Anyone remember this Maxis game? It was a classic and I'm playing it at the moment. It came out around the mid-90's, and the color is 256-bit right now. Brings back good ole' memories.
QrafTee
ddukki wrote:
Anyone remember this Maxis game? It was a classic and I'm playing it at the moment. It came out around the mid-90's, and the color is 256-bit right now. Brings back good ole' memories.

It was alright, but I was never a fan of the whole terrorist thing. I couldn't find a good way to do a sweep on all floors on a wide wide very very tall tower.
Cibes
Lol, yeah that's a pretty cool game. Rather old but when I stumbled upon it some year ago it really got me working a couple of weeks.
Sometimes 3D graphics can't make up for a good, simple game concept Smile
Xiger
Oh I miss that game, need to find my cd and put together an old computer so I can run it or else the days will fly by like a leaf in a storm. Razz

Would have been nice to see a new version of Sim Tower, but for newer computers, no need for fancy graphics, just some new content.

//Xiger
Loghete
Cibes wrote:
Lol, yeah that's a pretty cool game. Rather old but when I stumbled upon it some year ago it really got me working a couple of weeks.
Sometimes 3D graphics can't make up for a good, simple game concept Smile

Somewhat what I was going to say xD

Quote:
Would have been nice to see a new version of Sim Tower, but for newer computers, no need for fancy graphics, just some new content.

There actually is a "sequel" or more a clone, Yoot Tower. A little better graphics, more content, wasn't developed my Maxis... kinda good.
Xiger
Loghete wrote:

Quote:

There actually is a "sequel" or more a clone, Yoot Tower. A little better graphics, more content, wasn't developed my Maxis... kinda good.

Oh, I didn't know that, I have to look that up, see if it's available for download (legally). Thanks for the hint about it Smile

//Xiger
Loghete
Xiger wrote:
Loghete wrote:

Quote:

Oh, I didn't know that, I have to look that up, see if it's available for download (legally). Thanks for the hint about it Smile

//Xiger

Yeah, go to http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=3039 and scroll down to "Where to get it"
LimpFish
I love all the maxis games, but I never understand how to start in SimTower... what do I do to get it going? I bet once I understand I will be hooked! Smile
cghq
yeah, agreed. classic game.. Can't beat the good ol' sim tower Wink
moonblade
It was indeed quite the game back in the day... In general, the old Maxis Sim-stuff series were great, something was in them that's kinda missing from the new Sim-stuff, even though the capabilities have only expanded and the picture just keeps growing prettier. A shame.
TarsajumaClan
I loved sim tower... One of the better ones by far...
Tuxy
I remember playing that game when I was younger.
Petee
Fun game, got it in one of the Maxis fun packs or whatever. I also have Yoot tower. Both great, classic games. Haven't played either of them in awhile actually, I should try to find those old CD's and play them sometime Razz
Yjaxygames
I loved that game. Although there was not much to do it was pretty challenging.
Loghete
Yeah well, Sim Tower got pretty boring when you had 100 floors.
lonelym
Sim Tower is really fun, but I don't know how to compromise Offices and Houses.
Tuxy
I tried running Yoot tower on my XP pc but it bugs a lot. It asked me to change to 256 colors so I enabled 256 colors in the properties menu. Do I need to enable windows 95 or 98 emulation too? The colors are still pretty weird and the game crashes when I try to quit
lukeropro
It looks fun. I'm downloading it now.
hlavco
I played a demo a few years back, but it didn't let me go very far, and I couldn't really figure out what was going on anyway. Too young to understand.
iNs@nE
Old old old game..Played like crazy the day I got it..

Got bored like crazy the very next day...strange that you people are still discussing about these games today..
Yjaxygames
Tuxy wrote:
I tried running Yoot tower on my XP pc but it bugs a lot. It asked me to change to 256 colors so I enabled 256 colors in the properties menu. Do I need to enable windows 95 or 98 emulation too? The colors are still pretty weird and the game crashes when I try to quit

I have the same can anyone help me (us)?
Patriot Players
I loved sim tower. Used to turn the whole place into basically a hotel in and make tons and tons of money every morning. You see all the little sims wake up and Cha-ching your wallet booms. Fun little game that.
tony
yaya - i remember it as i saw it on the computer of my friend back in that day. long time ago but i still see it as yesterday in my mind. sim tower, ya, good game, fun and exciting Smile
freetalk creator
Its a fun game. i have it installed on my pc.
If anyone needs help running the game I'll help you fix the problem.
kicy
That game was fun!

anyone seen Santa Clause? I was like " holy Snap!" because he came out of nowhere.

I also enjoyed SimAnt, just getting to own the yard was awesome. Very addictive.