FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sitcoms

celebrityaddict
When "Friends" and "Fraiser" got off the air, it seemed like it marked the death of all sitcoms. Is it just me, or does anyone think otherwise?

Take for instance, Will and Grace. It was good but by season 6 it lost its touch and there's been alot of rumors that the 8th season is going to be the last one. And if that is so, that leaves That 70's Show. Which, has been dragged on long enough. By the time That 70's Show gets off the air it'll leave shows that have fat, stupid, or ugly guys married to skinny, pretty, smart girls. And I think everyone can agree that "Joey" is not as good as "Friends" and it'll probably last like...two/three more years or something.

I just wondered what people think about sitcoms now. Are sitcoms going to disappear off the face of the earth leaving us with reality shows and drama?
memsa
I agree that Frasier's end is disappointing but all series have a finite run and sometimes ot exceeds their entertainment value.

I will miss David Hyde Pierce and Kelsey Grammer and their spark.

Spin-offs...most don't last or capture the essence of the original

Sometimes resurrecting a series that has died is a disaster.

The "late reunions" have a mixed record from my perspective.