FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wii Bowling

Chris24
What is everyone's highest score bowling? Mines a 258
Yantaal
mine is like 220 i forget exactly

but i am pro and my mate rolled a perfect game
Jakob [JaWGames]
Mine is a bit beneath 200. I have not played it very much yet though so I will probably soon beat it..
secondeye
Mine Is 300. well I Stop Playing tthis game because of my papers Are very near and have to sudy more and Work Hard For Good grades. OtherWise my dad gona Kill me LOlz.... Shocked
Chris24
Do you guys throw a straight ball or do you go with the hook?
snowboardalliance
I got to pro and I think my high score is around 220, maybe 221 (I think I beat my high score by 1 once Laughing )
pyapplico
Chris24 wrote:
What is everyone's highest score bowling? Mines a 258

I think mine was 50...
jamie2980
ha beat u all 500!!!!!
Senshida
Mine is around 270 I believe..
Wii bowling is the best part of Wii Sports, IMO.
Satori
Chris24 wrote:
Do you guys throw a straight ball or do you go with the hook?

I personally prefer the hook myself...but maybe that's because that's how I roll in real life Smile

Not so sure what my high score on the wii is. Maybe 150 or so? I haven't played it enough to do any better really. Sadly, my high score on the wii is less than my real high score (233.) You would think the wii bowling would be easier than in real life. I guess I just need more practice Smile
Chris24
I throw the ole hook-a-roo
Whong
No too good, something between 175 - 210. I'm not really sure how much was it exactly, but something like that anyway! Wink
LostOverThere
260...and I play a lot.

But seriously, does anyone find becoming Pro annoying? For the next 10 games I played, every second I dropped out of Pro, and every other gained that rank back.
Ghengis
I always hook on my first roll, but for cleanup you almost always have to throw it without spin to get real accuracy. At least, I do... but I'm nowhere close to "pro".
Fire Boar
I'm a hook person... I find it naturally curves to the left when you release the ball anyway. Plus, it's more likely to gain strikes, IMHO.
LostOverThere
Fire Boar wrote:
I'm a hook person... I find it naturally curves to the left when you release the ball anyway. Plus, it's more likely to gain strikes, IMHO.

Yeah, same here. I find if I really concentrate on my throw - slow down a bit, I can usually get it a bit straighter.

But whenever I bowl, I move to the first dot to the right.
JJGY
300 Embarassed
I had far too much time on my hands, and I brought my top score from a 143 to a 300 in one day..
aggzzu
I haven't got a chance to try Wii. Surprised I would really much like, I think I will buy it soon.
Packfan104L4
I have a pro account on my friends Wii. Bowling is the best game on there Wii Sports package IMHO
j14fusion14
I am pro in everything but bowling because every time I bowl I get less points and my score goes down I bowl a 200 or above.
Chris24
Has anyone tried the other Wii sports package? I think it has stuff like playing pool, and I can't remember the other games on it...

If you do is it any good? worth buying? renting? or buying a used one off of e-bay?

I really like the Wii. Nintendo did it right this time. Not like it's other competition.
j14fusion14
Has anyone tried the other Wii sports package? I think it has stuff like playing pool, and I can't remember the other games on it...

If you do is it any good? worth buying? renting? or buying a used one off of e-bay?

I really like the Wii. Nintendo did it right this time. Not like it's other competition.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah It's called Wii play. I recommend buying it. It comes with 9 different mini games and they are all different. I like the tank battle and laser hockey.
Guifodz
220 easy...
hlavco
My friend just got the Wii yesterday, and so far my best score is two-twentysomething.
silvermesh
Wii bowling in my opinion is actually harder if you know anything about bowling, which I guess is to be expected, but it kind of made it a little off-putting to me. it seems like i really have to crank my wrist to get any spin on the ball whatsoever. Give me wii tennis any day Wink
Satori
Chris24 wrote:

Wii Play is great! Definitely worth buying, especially because it includes another remote (and since remotes are priced at $40...you're basically paying $10 for the game.)

Table tennis, laser hockey, pool, and tanks are my favorites (tanks being the best in my opinion.) But all the games have something fun about them.

silvermesh wrote:
Wii bowling in my opinion is actually harder if you know anything about bowling, which I guess is to be expected, but it kind of made it a little off-putting to me. it seems like i really have to crank my wrist to get any spin on the ball whatsoever. Give me wii tennis any day Wink

I absolutely disagree with this comment. Wii bowling is actually quite realistic (aside from the feeling of holding a wiimote instead of an actual bowling ball.) I bowl enough in real life to have my own ball and have a high score of 233. For a while I was bowling once or twice a week. That being said, when playing wii bowling, you don't have to "crank" your wrist to get plenty of spin on the ball if you make a realistic bowling swing and release the trigger button at the proper time. I get plenty of spin (sometimes too much) without any "cranking" or jerking of the wrist. My swing is a very fluid motion and when I do it right, I get a perfect hook. I think part of the key to doing it right is to follow through after you release the ball (just like in real bowling.)
seeapoko
mines 240. on a friends wii no less, and i love to hook to the left. bad habit of getting spares instead of strikes though.
tony
just now 180. hrm... by the looks of the other scores, it appears mine is not too great - haha! i must get to the practice of the game as i need to improve my score so it is competetive with the others. no use to play on my own level when the rest of the world is on another level. silly me. must practice now - must must!! haha..
urbanbuddha
My highest score was about 220+.

As for straight vs. hook, I perfer to go hook. For the newbies it makes something simple look difficult and I like that if you can spin it properly it goes fast, then slows down while you hit the top spin and get a strike.

But for clean-up, I definitely try to get the straight shot.
Chris24
I use the hook for everything, spares strikes you name. I have just bgun using a reverse hook for those extra hard splits .... Seems to work well so far. Still can't get any higher than a 256 though..... Sad